Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keedorin View Post
    Hope those who actually have the 2 legendaries from BT get this instead of having to farm it again...Because if you can transmog one and not the other one, then I guess spending all that time farming the ones from BT was for nothing then?
    Maybe for Demon Hunters that own them, but the new arsenal will be Demon Hunter only, so a rogue or DK who has them won't get the new appearance.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varocka View Post
    it devalues the original legendary immensely if every demon hunter and his mother can go get it easier than relinquished tokens from the broken shore, i dont think blizz would invalidate such a iconic weapon like that so easily
    how does it devalue the originals? I have like 4 sets across my account and at least 1 on every alt I've run BT with. Hell 2 of the sets are on classes that can't even equip them.

They've had no value or prestige for a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    They're not going to have a restriction related to the original item on a class that did not exist when the original item dropped. That's pretty much guaranteed - I do hope, however, that it's the same style of rare drop and not a guaranteed item or high drop chance for DH. Some legendaries should stay relatively legendary.
    The Glaives are not one of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    I wonder if it will be a specific Order Hall quest for DH's to go to Black Temple and get the Warglaives from Illidian.

Could be kinda cool, though I do not know why they would want to go back and kill their master.

The whole Timewalking Black Temple as a Demon Hunter makes my head hurt...
    I hope it will be like this and not a rare drop which has the chance only the time when the Event with Timewalking Raid is active.
    I hope also they will give the appearance to the DHs who got already the set of WoA.
    But we've to wait what happens next. Maybe there will be some more information the next days.

Anyone tryed using the original glaives in a dh? They dont have warglaive attack animation, they have sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    What about Hunters?
    Only reason it works that way is because for the first 6 or 7 years, Warriors and Rogues equipped Bows, Guns, and Crossbows in their ranged weapon slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Granador View Post
    Could all the rogues and warr GET THE FUCK OUT ? Warglaives are made for Demon Hunters not for you , Rogues got a FREE Thunderfury , Waglaives WILL BE WITH HIGH DROP CHANCE , AND ALL ROGUE AND WARRS GTFO ASAP FROM HERE .

The immaturity here is astounding. There is a logical argument for this transmog to be available for Warriors and Rogues that no one has yet to provide a counter argument for - Warriors and Rogues were the original wielders of the Warglaives of Azzinoth, and they still can use them in game, therefore it makes perfect sense for them to get transmogs for it.

You wanting to be a special snowflake doesn't counter that. I have a Warrior, Demon Hunter, and a Rogue, all of which I play regularly, and I actually DO have the original Warglaives, and I think everyone who gets it should be able to use them for transmog on all three classes.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-15 at 04:10 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Should be DH only. Glad to see Blizz looks to feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Only reason it works that way is because for the first 6 or 7 years, Warriors and Rogues equipped Bows, Guns, and Crossbows in their ranged weapon slots.
    That's not a reason for it to work, though. They used to have access to it, now they don't anymore because they decided to remove the extra relic/ranged slot for everyone. They've added 2 classes since then, Monks and Demon Hunters, and didn't bother giving them a spec that uses ranged weapons. They did an overhaul of several specs in the game and never changed any to use ranged weapons. In fact they actually removed one of the specs that used bows, guns and crossbows! So now you only have 2 specs that use them, Beast Mastery and Marksmanship Hunters. The same way you'll only have 2 specs that can use the Warglaives, Havoc and Vengeance Demon Hunters.

It might suck that the other classes can get the actual legendary from the old content, but it's not an unheard of concept. If they've decided that Warglaives were going to be a Demon Hunter-only thing and they decide to add a new flavor item that looks like the Warglaives of Azinoth, it's logical for it to be Demon Hunter-only. It's not the actual legendary.

If we are going to complain about fairness, then let's complain about how this is the only legendary weapon that will end up being with a transmogrification alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    That's not a reason for it to work, though. They used to have access to it, now they don't
    That is incorrect, they can still equip ranged weapons.

If we are going to complain about fairness, then let's complain about how this is the only legendary weapon that will end up being with a transmogrification alternative.
    I assume this is just the first of many.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-15 at 05:06 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I assume this is just the first of many.
    exactly. timewalking raids are probably going to be more common - i imagine bt was done first because we're in the dh/illidan expansion and it makes sense.

other legendary appearances will probably be added to other timewalking raids in future. keep your patient hats on~

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    The whole special snowflake syndrome is out of the game for like 10 years anyway, who cares how many demon hunters are gonna have it.
    In terms of psychology, everyone cares. Some just care more than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    Anyone tryed using the original glaives in a dh? They dont have warglaive attack animation, they have sword.
    Yes I´ve tested and you´re right but I think the appearance will not be the originally model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for a HD version of the WoA tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

As a Fury warrior, I'm fine with this. They're iconic Demon Hunter weapons after all, and it's not like they remove the existing Warglaives either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    As a Fury warrior, I'm fine with this. They're iconic Demon Hunter weapons after all, and it's not like they remove the existing Warglaives either.
    A person who speaks sense!

Warglaives are iconic to Demon Hunters, and the only reason the original Glaives were for sword users was because Demon Hunters did not exist at the time (fun fact, they almost did. On the inside cover of the original WoW box you can clearly see one.)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Imo it should be a slightly updated/edited model that you can set apart from the original but still carries the same style. It should also be a guaranteed drop I think but have a few requirements before you can obtain it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

kids these days have no idea what hell we went trough back then for legendaries like warglaive or the bindings for windseeker today its blah blahkill everything disregarding all mechanic in fight
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Deleted
    A updated skin of the Warglaives is already implemented (see the photo). I'm sure they will look like this and it looks great.

15+ Year Old Account
    The question is if the Warglaives will be artifact appearance or a seperate transmog item. If it is the first then it is locked to current players that unlock it since you won't get old artifact appearance after the next expansion patch when they become locked.

i hope its as randomly hard to get as the original warglaives.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    The question is if the Warglaives will be artifact appearance or a seperate transmog item. If it is the first then it is locked to current players that unlock it since you won't get old artifact appearance after the next expansion patch when they become locked.
    The arsenal appearances that already exist are all transmog items. There's no reason to think this one would be different.