Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I think it's obvious everyone agrees mistweaver sucks ass now. I disagree on the idea that it was bad as a pve spec for most of its lifetime.
    You are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    You are wrong.
    MW in ToT was godly.
    MW in later SoO was top 3.
    MW in HFC was top 3.
    MW was probably best 10 man healer in the game in SoO.

Uncapped uplift? Malkorok throughput? Infinite mana in HFC? 6.0 MW?

There were definitely times when MW was very strong in PvE. They just didn't last that long and obviously were never intended by Blizzard given the severity of the following nerfs.

It's funny how MW players see MW being competitive and objectively "strong" as being OP and just expects nerfs.
    Highest throughput healer in SoO is MW? Nerfs inc!
    Top tier PvP healer in RBG's? Nerfs inc!
    Best mana sustain with high crit and a trinket in HFC? Nerfs inc!
    MW capable of solo healing Archie? Nerfs inc!

Hpals, Rshams and Rdruids don't see themselves as top 3 and think "this is obviously unexpected, nerfs incoming" yet MW do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why include resto druid in your example

You realize rdruid was literally the worst healer in MoP until SoO 25, and it only became the 5th best spec.

In wod it was incredibly average

Resto Druid ONLY became good in Legion.

Even shaman doesn't really make sense considering Shaman was average until SoO in MoP, and was "bad" in wod until it got mega buffed in BRF, and ended up being above average (with mistweaver) in HFC.

Holy Paladin is the only spec that makes sense there, and Holy Paladin only became a truly god tier spec in WoD. In MoP, it was only amazing in ToT, and was nerfed the next patch.

I think the problem is Blizzard only does healer balance before the expansion hits, and doesn't change specs until the next one. That's why you see Holy Paladin being consistently good in WoD/Legion, because they just end up being good during Beta and they don't change things until the next expansion.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-04-16 at 06:15 AM.

Deleted
    Got velens today. Choice for 2nd Trinket: Cake 885 or Map 895+Socket ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    MW in ToT was godly.
    Wrong
    MW in later SoO was top 3.
    MW in later SoO was bottom 1.
    MW in HFC was top 3.
    Wrong. Bottom 2. World first kill doesn't bring mw into raid. How does this meme spread?
    MW was probably best 10 man healer in the game in SoO.
    Wrong.

Uncapped uplift? Malkorok throughput? Infinite mana in HFC? 6.0 MW?
    So you had a low hps/hpm of uplift

There were definitely times when MW was very strong in PvE. They just didn't last that long and obviously were never intended by Blizzard given the severity of the following nerfs.
    They were weak. Only morons like you would say a garbage spec being very strong.

Top tier PvP healer in RBG's? Nerfs inc!
    Arena and RBG are cancer. Esports are mistakes of WoW. They need continue doing this -- delete WotC and kill all shit RBG mw garbages.
    Best mana sustain with high crit and a trinket in HFC? Nerfs inc!
    That was exploitation and should be nerfed.
    MW capable of solo healing Archie? Nerfs inc!

Hpals, Rshams and Rdruids don't see themselves as top 3 and think "this is obviously unexpected, nerfs incoming" yet MW do.
    HAHA, you are playing a joke spec. Who cares you? What's wrong with rerolling? Players who play bad classes/specs are bad. People just kicked out bad players.

Blizzard is a company. Profit is the only reason why they exist. Buffing MW to god tier won't give them any profit while make other healers unsub. NO ONE WILL DO THIS. HAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by nspeil; 2017-04-16 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    HAHA, you are playing a joke spec. Who cares you? What's wrong with rerolling? Players who play bad classes/specs are bad. People just kicked out bad players.

Blizzard is a company. Profit is the only reason why they exist. Buffing MW to god tier won't give them any profit while make other healers unsub. NO ONE WILL DO THIS. HAHAHAHAHA

Well it's pretty clear which class forum is the only one without a moderator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    Well it's pretty clear which class forum is the only one without a moderator.
    and it's all Blizzard's fault!

Wrong

MW in later SoO was bottom 1.

Wrong. Bottom 2. World first kill doesn't bring mw into raid. How does this meme spread?

Wrong.

So you had a low hps/hpm of uplift

They were weak. Only morons like you would say a garbage spec being very strong.

Arena and RBG are cancer. Esports are mistakes of WoW. They need continue doing this -- delete WotC and kill all shit RBG mw garbages.

That was exploitation and should be nerfed.

lol I'm sorry but "it was a top 3" "no it was bottom 2"

Six healers.. they're all bottom 6.

I need advice for the best combo of trinkets I could use. I've got:

- Padawsen 880
    - Cake 870
    - Alchemist Stone 875
    - Paradox 860
    - Flask of Solemn Night 875

I know Paradox is only 860 but it's great for my Effuse / Mastery playstyle (I'm saving ~ 200k Mana per fight with it). Right now I am using Flask as second trinket but I'm not sure if it's the best option. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I need advice for the best combo of trinkets I could use. I've got:

- Padawsen 880
    - Cake 870
    - Alchemist Stone 875
    - Paradox 860
    - Flask of Solemn Night 875

I know Paradox is only 860 but it's great for my Effuse / Mastery playstyle (I'm saving ~ 200k Mana per fight with it). Right now I am using Flask as second trinket but I'm not sure if it's the best option. What do you think?
    Are you taking dungeons or raids? You definitely would be better off not using effuse/mastery builds in raids and probably just stick to the EF crit-Vers play style.IMO I would use Alch stone and Cake. Doesn't mean you can't build stacks using effuse for new golden, but I wouldn't make it the priority.

I'm playing Mythic+ dungeons and raids. I tried the Effuse / Mastery playstyle in the last days and it's beyond awesome. I barely used EF (and we should start using EF less because to adapt our playstyle when EF gets the special Blizzard treatment) and Mana was no issue while topping healing meters and outhealing Paladins / Druids. Effuse / Mastery builds are actually working, even though many think they're not. We had a discussion about this topic in another thread and I'll post something more substantil there (here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-with-MW/page7).

Paradox is incredibly good for my playstyle, that's why I've been a bit confused which trinket I should use. During a NH Normal run it procced 143 times resulting in ~ 470k Mana regeneration + 143 x 22k Mana saved (=3.5kk Mana) - so 4kk Mana just with this trinket on 860 sounds pretty impressive. I did not have any mana issues (I used Mana Tea as well). Maybe I need to try the other trinkets and see how good / bad they are...

You would use Alch stone because of Versatility? Or because of the proc?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-04-17 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm playing Mythic+ dungeons and raids. I tried the Effuse / Mastery playstyle in the last days and it's beyond awesome. I barely used EF (and we should start using EF less because to adapt our playstyle when EF gets the special Blizzard treatment) and Mana was no issue while topping healing meters and outhealing Paladins / Druids. Effuse / Mastery builds are actually working, even though many think they're not. We had a discussion about this topic in another thread and I'll post something more substantil there (here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-with-MW/page7).

Paradox is incredibly good for my playstyle, that's why I've been a bit confused which trinket I should use. During a NH Normal run it procced 143 times resulting in ~ 470k Mana regeneration + 143 x 22k Mana saved (=3.5kk Mana) - so 4kk Mana just with this trinket on 860 sounds pretty impressive. I did not have any mana issues (I used Mana Tea as well). Maybe I need to try the other trinkets and see how good / bad they are...

You would use Alch stone because of Versatility? Or because of the proc?
    Where can I read up on this playstyle? I am doing ok with EF spam, but I don't quite get the EF mastery stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Where can I read up on this playstyle? I am doing ok with EF spam, but I don't quite get the EF mastery stacking.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-with-MW/page6

I start discussing it here (First post on that page) and the discussion continues to the bottom of page 7 with Nyel posting his experience with it.

Ignore the flaming posts throughout, people don't like to try what they're not used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

oh rye is you?

Interesting
    No, but I love how if I search my name in discord there are numerous times where you guys just randomly just accuse random people who aren't me of being me. I don't even go by that name anymore so don't even bother trying to figure out who I am.

"THEY SAID SOMETHING STUPID MUST BE BUILDAPANDA!!!!!!!"
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

the holy and disc priest nerfs actually make MW a solid 4th healer. much weaker than resto shaman/druids and paladins, but better than hpriests and dpriests for sure now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the holy and disc priest nerfs actually make MW a solid 4th healer. much weaker than resto shaman/druids and paladins, but better than hpriests and dpriests for sure now
    How so? I thought those DIsc changes looked ok today?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting to see how much feedback and open communication there has been for Brewmaster and now Disc.

At this point I'm just hoping Blizzard are working on MW before they release more changes rather than them having finish with MW and have moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    How so? I thought those DIsc changes looked ok today?
    Same here but I don't play Disc outside of dabbling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    It's interesting to see how much feedback and open communication there has been for Brewmaster and now Disc.

At this point I'm just hoping Blizzard are working on MW before they release more changes rather than them having finish with MW and have moved on.
    You really think we'll get more than the EF changes and the minimal buff on Vivify?