Page 91 of 135 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know... Dogtooth's Haki is so strong he can see a little into the future, yet Sanji still managed to dodge him. That's CRAZY impressive, so Sanji must be at least as good as Dogtooth, surely?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Dogtooth clearly didn't know what made Pudding fall to the floor crying, so he can't see absolutely everything.

I do think Sanji is a better fighter than Dogtooth expected, so Sanji dodging it caught him off guard. Reflexes, yes. Sanji using Haki to dodge it, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hoping we get Sanji Vs Dogtooth in the grand brawl which is about to begin. Been a while since he had a really awesome fight.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still cannot see them winning against Big Mom though
    But they have a plan!

I feel like they should at least be able to incapacitate her. No way they escape alive unless she gets injured or status afflicted, right?

Also I think Usopp's Observation Haki is the strongest in the group
    Usopp has Haki? I only know of the Big 3 having Haki.

I still think Sanji needs a Fruit to be on part with Luffy and Zoro though
    It should be the case that Sanji is weaker, but I don't think he'd get a fruit. It would take a while for him to get used to it, considering Luffy is making up powers now, after owning the fruit for like 12 years. I bet Oda just puts Sanji on par with Zoro anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Usopp has Haki? I only know of the Big 3 having Haki.
    Yep, he awoke it on Dressrosa when he was able to see the aura of Sugar from a great distance and through a wall and snipe her with a tiny version of his own face from when he ate that tatababasco thing and freaked her out. There seem to be at least three different uses of obersavtional haki. To be able to sense people by their auras even if they are out of view, like Usopp did, to be able to predict people's actions like Dogtooth and those priests on Skypiea, and to sense and empathize other's emotions like Coby did at Marineford. Maybe Usopp and Sanji will end up specializing in different uses or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Coby did was King's Haki. He has the Haoshoku
    He might have that as well and that was probably what allowed him to gain the attention of everyone when he yelled out, but feeling the emotions of others like he did is a part of Kenbunshoku (Observation) haki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it emotions? I think he can just notice the life force of everything around him (like Enel and his priests) and he cannot handle seeing so many of them snuffed out.
    Probably both. It's been quite awhile since I watched the Marineford arc, but I thought Coby was both feeling the despair of the fighters as well as sensing when their auras were blinking out but I may be wrong. Either way, both are examples of observation haki. Enel's priests were also using Observation haki, they just had their own word for it. Mantra. In reality, Oda probably had not come up with the idea for haki at that point and when he did, he realized that the priests were already using something similar so he rolled them all into the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coby having Conqueror's Haki would be pretty fitting, I'm sure he'll inevitably end up fighting Luffy by the end of the series. I always saw him as a mirror for Luffy in the Marines. Either way, he definitely showed something involving Haki during that arc.

I think it's safe to say that Oda did have the idea for Haki that early on in the series with Enel, I just don't think he had it as fleshed out as it is right now. The amount of foreshadowing way early on in the series for things that happened very recently is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The amount of foreshadowing way early on in the series for things that happened very recently is pretty cool.
    It really bothers me that super strong Haki turns weapons/body parts black, so much so that Z from the Z movie was called Black Fist, but we saw absolutely none of that. It seems like something that would be impossible to miss.

I get that devil fruits are rare in the...East/West/South/North Lines, compared to the Grand Line, but they should have learned about Haki way sooner.

It really REALLY bothers me that they were in Impel Down, or during Ace's Fight with Blackbeard, and those big name guys had to invent excuses about Blackbeard's fruit for being why Ace/Luffy's fruit got negated. Like, c'mon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I don't know... Dogtooth's Haki is so strong he can see a little into the future, yet Sanji still managed to dodge him. That's CRAZY impressive, so Sanji must be at least as good as Dogtooth, surely?
    Seeing the future is only advantageous if you can do something about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Seeing the future is only advantageous if you can do something about it.
    Which you can, unless the enemy's Observation Haki is strong enough that they can counter your vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because seeing the future is inane. You can only assume he can see one probable future but the moment he acts to change it, others react and change the future he predicted.
    I don't think he's ACTUALLY seeing the future, it's just that his observation is SO strong, it's similar to Cass Cain's ability to read muscle movement. He is so good at Observation, he can read roughly what people are going to do and predict with crazy high accuracy where they will move, and thus were to aim.

Again, reflexes can beat Haki. And I'd assume running away from an army of transgender martial artists that want to change your sex for two years builds fucking good reflexes.
    Hahaha, yup, can't really argue with that. His reflexes and Observation Haki got a lot of training during those two years, in the same way that Zoro increased his Armament and Luffy increased his Conquerors.

Duuuuuuuuuuude just read newest chapter! Jinbei is FUCKING BADASS! Omfg! Read it while listening to 'the very very strongest' ost, couldn't get more fucking EPIC!

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Usopp's Observation Haki is equally impressive to Dogtooth's (and far more useful to Usopp who is a sniper). He could sense the life force of Sugar over a vast distance with enough accuracy to send a pinpoint attack. Certainly he had significant help from Viola but in the end when his Haki awoke he got a clear picture. Enel's Haki was easily stronger but in Enel's case he augmented his Observation Haki with his logia fruit (and I still feel Enel is one of the strongest characters introduced in One Piece and on par with the Admirals and Yonkou, just with a unique weakness Luffy and Luffy alone could handle).

I am not saying Dogtooth's Haki is not amazing, it obviously is. I just don't think his combat skills so far are a good fit for it. Again imagine if Kizaru could do this.
    I still wonder if we will see Enel again. Last we saw, he was up on the moon with a whole city of those robot people. He may be content to just stay there, but with the way Oda loves to bring back characters it would not surprise me at all to see him return.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not saying Dogtooth's Haki is not amazing, it obviously is. I just don't think his combat skills so far are a good fit for it. Again imagine if Kizaru could do this.
    If Kizaru had that power, we'd ALL be screwed. They can't make Dogtooth TOO strong, because the Strawhats still have to stand a chance of dropping him.

I agree on Usopp though, his observation Haki is beyond epic. Really hoping that he gets a chance to show off how badass he is soon, maybe when they head to Asgard... *cough* I mean Elbaf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yohohoho, Brook savage af and Jinbeis epic speech "There's no way a man that intends to join the crew of the future pirate king will cower at a mere yonkou" 10/10 chapter

Chapter was amazing. Every bit about it. The explanation, the character interactions (lol at Bege when Luffy called out that he was the real one), the action, the ending.

Jinbei is the star of the show. Don't try and tell me that he isn't getting on the Thousand Sunny with the rest of the group.

He exposed Big Mom's weakness, she can only take the souls of people that fear her. I guess no one else realized that. Also, lol at how Jinbei says anyone on the Pirate King's crew wouldn't fear a Yonkou. I'm pretty sure Usopp would have a stroke if he had to even look in to the fight from the mirror, let alone stand his ground in front of big mom.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw holy shit. No wonder Oda needs vacations. How long do you think this took to make?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the more I look at it the more it looks like cutouts from previous color pages.

But still.

10+ Year Old Account
    So no One Piece this week?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

It's Golden Week. No new manga chapters.

10+ Year Old Account
    New one is up early as it usually happens with Golden Week. I don't get why Big Mom's reaction is so . . . delayed? It's nice to know that things will go crazy fast though considering Dogtooth's reaction. I still do NOT like the plan though (I mean far too much depends on Brulee and Ceasar)
    It was explained in the chapter. Big Mom was already furious about the destroyed wedding cake and the Straw Hats crashing the party, but breaking the photo just pushed her too far over the edge, so she couldn't decide what to focus her anger at. Ironically, if Luffy had left the cake alone and not caused nearly as much chaos as he did, Big Mom would have reacted more as expected for the plan to work.