Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Besides FF14, there is no real competitor.

It is in milking mode, and has no intention to gain new players.

So, you are basically saying, if i don't play this game i get nothing? mhm... xD

I guess you could just play and get everything you want right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Besides FF14, there is no real competitor.

It is in milking mode, and has no intention to gain new players.
    If it has a competitor then clearly it's not really milking but I never felt WoW was milked but whatever
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    The notion that Pathfinder in Warlords represents the first time that WoW has ever had time-gating is so ha-ha funny I don't even know where to start.

Blizzard doesn't insist on anything. The weak-minded player that views World of Warcraft--or any video game for that matter--as some life test that they are forced to do anything in to the point of burnout is beyond any assistance that I can give.

Suffice it to say that there are many that play the game, understand what it is, and are fairly content with it as long as there is something to do when they log on. Events come around that have rewards: participate in them, get the reward. Don't participate, miss out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Major Blizzard problem. Cuttering game for everyone so in the end nobady is having fun. You are supostu pick your audience and desing game for them and not trying to please everyone.
    I quite agree. They should look at their audience and stop wasting time on those who insist that the game be made more difficult just for them. There are clearly fewer of them by quite a large margin than anyone else. They should also stop fiddling so much with theorycrafting and start investing the game with some good stories and a little bit of soul. When most of the design conversation about the game is about spreadsheets and math there's a problem.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    You support the themepark type of WoW that it is right now, where the RP element has gone completely missing. I support the more sandboxy WoW that it will never be again. It is obvious the developers who started this project have by now taken their leave and sooner or later this forum will be but an echo chamber.
    Support is irrelevant. What matters is what works for the company that is in charge of deciding what the game is. Your prefered game design doesn't work for them. You (or I) are not entitled to get what we want. We might get lucky and have what we want be close to what it makes sense, to Blizzard, for them to provide.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Great. You managed to achieve the bare minimum with an alternate character who most likely had access to the Artifact Knowledge tomes. Have you managed to get all your reputations to Exalted? Have you managed to get all the Artifact Weapon appearances and the alternate colors? Have you maxed out your various professions and gotten all the ranks for them?
    you don't need the AK tomes anymore up to rank 25. they are instant research up to that point now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite agree. They should look at their audience and stop wasting time on those who insist that the game be made more difficult just for them. There are clearly fewer of them by quite a large margin than anyone else. They should also stop fiddling so much with theorycrafting and start investing the game with some good stories and a little bit of soul. When most of the design conversation about the game is about spreadsheets and math there's a problem.
    I feel like they should communicate more with the playerbase tbh. Be more open. Not saying tell us every little bit of how WoW is made but still communicate with us. It's better for all of us.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Artifact appearances also don't take "months" to acquire unless you are very bad at the game
    Looks like somebody plays a class without RNG hidden skins.

I just now, after seven months, got the Ursoc skin. Still don't have the balance one.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    you could play very sporadically and still get to experience all of the content. You could play for a month or so, get bored, quit, come back a year later and then run through the content that you've missed and see the story / the encounters and all that.
    Wrath: yeah, sure maybe. Was the raid-freeloot addon anyway.
    TBC: Umm as a casual you'd be so far behind that guilds would just laugh at you and PuGs were close to nonexistent (at least on my server).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    I find this video appropriate for the topic at hand
    this was glorious.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    When did fan site post model become hot tears and salty posts?

Deleted
    You mean the thing we have gotten since fucking TBC?

The main question is why their business model became box sales and micro transactions instead of subscriptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    The main question is why their business model became box sales and micro transactions instead of subscriptions.
    Subscriptions are still a thing and have been for years.

Warrior-Magi

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    From Vanilla and up until Cataclysm (which is, coincidentally, considered to be WoW's golden age), you could play very sporadically and still get to experience all of the content. You could play for a month or so, get bored, quit, come back a year later and then run through the content that you've missed and see the story / the encounters and all that.

Starting from Cataclysm, Blizzard began to remove content. If you missed a PvP season or didn't play your char seriously during that time, you'd end up never being able to obtain the elite recolor of the set. In MoP, Blizzard stepped up their content removal game and first deleted Battlefield:Barrens when SoO launched and later completely erased the legendary cloak questline and when WoD launched. If you want to experience MoP story right now, you just can't since most of the important post-launch story content was removed. This is on top of elite set removals.

WoD mostly had the same model of content removal as MoP but also added time-gating in the form of pathfinder achievements.

Now Legion retained all of the content removal and time-gating features of previous expansions but doubled down on them: artifact appearances are very likely to be removed when the next expansion launches and they aren't something that you can obtain in a day or two, you have to play the same character for months to collect all of them. Not to mention the insane AP and RNG treadmill that you have to keep running unless you want to fall behind and be locked out of current content.

So the question is, why does Blizzard insist on people continuing to play their mains to keep up with the pace of the game instead of quitting for a few months to cool off or play alts? The only thing this business model promotes is burnout.
    Because we consume content so fast that not gating it would mean we'd use it all up in a week or two then have nothing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is right on the money. I think the last two, maybe three Dev Q&A's have been very focused on game systems, formulas and other minutia that puts a normal player - heck even a casual raider like myself - right to sleep..

We seem to be back to very black and white teen-angsty comicbook stroy-level with Legion. Yes they're so bad, they want to destroy everything and we're good and we have to stop them - but omg it's so very, very trite and boring.

Why can't there be decent, nuanced stories for adults in this game for once?

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Because we consume content so fast that not gating it would mean we'd use it all up in a week or two then have nothing to do.
    Give. Us. Less. Loot.
    I remember back in TBC, if you got all your BiS items from one tier you could count yourself lucky. Today it doesn't really matter what gear you get, you'll clear the raid in a few resets and whatever gear you gathered at that point will do fine in the next tier.

Time gating has always existed... just in Legion they took it a huge step further, dragging it as much as possible to keep you playing as long as possible with minuscule gains...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Give. Us. Less. Loot.
    I remember back in TBC, if you got all your BiS items from one tier you could count yourself lucky. Today it doesn't really matter what gear you get, you'll clear the raid in a few resets and whatever gear you gathered at that point will do fine in the next tier.
    I dunno about you but even in WoD raiding I didn't get all the gear I wanted and heck even the stats weren't what I ws looking for.

We seem to be back to very black and white teen-angsty comicbook stroy-level with Legion. Yes they're so bad, they want to destroy everything and we're good and we have to stop them - but omg it's so very, very trite and boring.

Why can't there be decent, nuanced stories for adults in this game for once?

Only thing that might be considered angsty is demon hunters. It's not as bad as you put it.

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    You support the themepark type of WoW that it is right now, where the RP element has gone completely missing. I support the more sandboxy WoW that it will never be again. It is obvious the developers who started this project have by now taken their leave and sooner or later this forum will be but an echo chamber.
    Sandbox wow died with bc