Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Having a shield of 800k wont make you faster in Darkness phase. It's all about reflexes.
    That's good because I didn't mention Prydaz. Mentioned everything else who can eliminate: DPS check for low ilvl and / or Meta usage defensively (impossible without shoulders). Darkness is not about reaching boss only, it's also about getting into with high life pool. The numbers I entered 2nd or 4th transition with less than 50% was fatal for the only tick I received and shoulders is kind in that regards cause you can use Meta in 2nd transition. The best for no shoulders people is to use it in first arcane phase during is first arcane barrage cast to completely ignore damage and stun it as well.
    This + Netherwalk completely saved my bad luck attempts before I was confident getting into P2 everytime.
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-04-16 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    That's good because I didn't mention Prydaz. Mentioned everything else who can eliminate: DPS check for low ilvl and / or Meta usage defensively (impossible without shoulders). Darkness is not about reaching boss only, it's also about getting into with high life pool. The numbers I entered 2nd or 4th transition with less than 50% was fatal for the only tick I received and shoulders is kind in that regards cause you can use Meta in 2nd transition. The best for no shoulders people is to use it in first arcane phase during is first arcane barrage cast to completely ignore damage and stun it as well.
    This + Netherwalk completely saved my bad luck attempts before I was confident getting into P2 everytime.
    No.. What you don't realize is that if you handle bubble phase like you're supposed to you take 0 dmg. As soon as he starts casting Arcane Barrage/Frostbolt in the "wrong" phase you know he's about to TP, and then you instantly move = you take no dmg at all.

No.. What you don't realize is that if you handle bubble phase like you're supposed to you take 0 dmg. As soon as he starts casting Arcane Barrage/Frostbolt in the "wrong" phase you know he's about to TP, and then you instantly move = you take no dmg at all.
    That is wrong, in 2 fel rush, you do take damage, I even took "Ice spike" damage during it (from space ? ...). And if you don't you must be kind of magical. I analyzed so much the fight that I know what he does / does not and what are the solutions the best to leverage probabilities, cause there are. Without speaking about the bugs (yes they are at least 2 I know of). I also saw some people saying "LOL it's easy" with their videos getting THE BEST luck I've ever seen in most attempts.

But you're right, the intended way you take few damage (between bubbles) but it's also awkward for us DH. And the other way with FR * 2 / VR has to be done also the way you describe but this is not in 100% attempts achievable without drawbacks and I wouldn't advice anyone starting without Netherwalk.

So, for anyone below 900 ilvl or without the best legs for it, my advices are what saved me in analysing the counter-balanced solutions. Also, Chaos Cleave saved me for P2 in Demonic/Raddon's form (don't speak about slow, it's mandatory anyway).
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-04-16 at 03:15 PM.

That is wrong, in 2 fel rush, you do take damage, I even took "Ice spike" damage during it (from space ? ...). And if you don't you must be kind of magical. I analyzed so much the fight that I know what he does / does not and what are the solutions the best to leverage probabilities, cause there are. Without speaking about the bugs (yes they are at least 2 I know of). I also saw some people saying "LOL it's easy" with their videos getting THE BEST luck I've ever seen in most attempts.

But you're right, the intended way you take few damage (between bubbles) but it's also awkward for us DH. And the other way with FR * 2 / VR has to be done also the way you describe but this is not in 100% attempts achievable without drawbacks and I wouldn't advice anyone starting without Netherwalk.

So, for anyone below 900 ilvl or without the best legs for it, my advices are what saved me in analysing the counter-balanced solutions. Also, Chaos Cleave saved me for P2 in Demonic/Raddon's form (don't speak about slow, it's mandatory anyway).
    No you can do it so you don't take any damage. You just need to be really quick on the Fel rushing. The first phase is really simple, the second one can be tricky if you can't kill the adds in time but otherwise thats also easy. Overall there's lots of things that can fuck you up if you fail. But if you're a half-decent player you'll have no issues with this challenge.

I know?
    You just asked if you knew. It was your own question. Are you sure you know or are you asking?
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Using the bubbles how you're intended to is just so much easier and foolproof outside of the bugginess you sometimes see when it looks like you're fine but an explosion registers late or something and you die. I also like the fact it gives you a little time to relax so you don't do something stupid because you're frustrated.

Just a tip for those of you having trouble with the double Fel rush during the shadow phase. Don't make the mistake of double jumping and then double fel rushing. To get the most distance across the platform without taking damage, you want to jump, FR, glide, FR, glide.

When you are at this stage (slowed to hell, at his feet), without Netherwalk you generally die without having time to VR sometimes even if you have the best skill around FR / Glide reactiveness. Unless you have high HP pool. He's right, this phase can fuck you much with bad strings. Netherwalk is pretty mandatory to leverage probabilities to get those bad combos and I didn't pass the P1 a lot of times without it. I already pointed out the keys that can leverage those probas to get more successful overall in the other thread and I'm pretty sure those with the right legendaries don't understand a single thing of what I'm speaking about or don't realize how it's easy with those: Mo'arg, Belt, Shoulders, Sephuz are king and eliminate most fails.
    I've found p1 to be infinitely easier with soul rending over netherwalk, but I guess that's just me. I sometimes get a bad RNG teleport as well, but as long as I just use the mob shields and don't try to rush to him I'm fine. You can take your time on that part and 99% of the time I die there it's because he went too far and I just "went for it".

Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    Yeah, except for those times where you end up juuuuuuuuuuuuuust short of him and you're slowed by 99% and die.
    This. this so much. hes like just there, a few feet awayyyyyyyy FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I've found p1 to be infinitely easier with soul rending over netherwalk, but I guess that's just me. I sometimes get a bad RNG teleport as well, but as long as I just use the mob shields and don't try to rush to him I'm fine. You can take your time on that part and 99% of the time I die there it's because he went too far and I just "went for it".
    Yeah, soul rending basically makes you immortal against xylem, only potential deaths are in the transitions but if he's too far just do it the proper way and kill an image and heal up in the bubble and keep going. You can do it with netherwalk instead, you should never die on a transition at that point cause only the arcane-frost transition is hard... But you might find you die to one cast too many after he teleports. Soul rending makes xylem 100% foolproof.

Yeah, I also switched to soul rending and it was much easier for me than with netherwalk. I managed to take him to 11% (so was 1% off from second form). Did not have time to do more tries but I feel I could get him if I manage to burn phase. And today mage tower is destroyed

You can easily reach him with 2 fel rushes in every mirror phase IF you are prepared for it. "Prepared" meaning you are near the center of the platform. It doesn't matter whether Xylem is near the center or not. Sometimes you have to pull off of him when you know the mirror is imminent and beat feet toward the center. Once I figured this out I never had to bother with the bubbles again.

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    You can easily reach him with 2 fel rushes in every mirror phase IF you are prepared for it. "Prepared" meaning you are near the center of the platform. It doesn't matter whether Xylem is near the center or not. Sometimes you have to pull off of him when you know the mirror is imminent and beat feet toward the center. Once I figured this out I never had to bother with the bubbles again.
    If you are at the center and Xylem telports right at the extremity of the outer circle, 2 FR won't be enough, did it so much time, Netherwalk just to go through 2/3yards was mandatory.

If you are at the center and Xylem telports right at the extremity of the outer circle, 2 FR won't be enough, did it so much time, Netherwalk just to go through 2/3yards was mandatory.
    Dunno bro. By my last 10-15 attempts I was reliably getting through every mirror phase using 2 fel rushes. No bubbles, no meta jump, and never specced netherwalk.

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    Dunno bro. By my last 10-15 attempts I was reliably getting through every mirror phase using 2 fel rushes. No bubbles, no meta jump, and never specced netherwalk.
    This was me. After a point you know the timing of the mirror phase really well. You know when to anticipate. If you are on the opposite side of the platform from him during the mirror phase you need to understand the timing better. I was at the center of the platform almost every time. The first phase is not a dps check and you can take as long as you need.

I still can't kill the adds past the 2nd or 3rd spawn during the last phase. I can burst the big guy down, but by the 2nd set of adds I can barely kill them before standing in the black shit. By the 3rd I'm either dead trying to kill them or they reach him.

Here's to next week's attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    This was me. After a point you know the timing of the mirror phase really well. You know when to anticipate. If you are on the opposite side of the platform from him during the mirror phase you need to understand the timing better. I was at the center of the platform almost every time. The first phase is not a dps check and you can take as long as you need.
    But don't be too fast, i had one try where i was at his position before his mirror images appeared and the phase didn't stop...

Menaged to do it few days ago, was hard, frustrating and exhausting as hell...
    I can say it's still bugged, the blizzard still ticks dmg sometimes after leaving it, if you move while the casts the ice shards on you it sometimes record where you stood half a second ago and put the shards there, which means that you will be inside one, resulting in 1 shot you, took me few times to figure that out and managed that by moving backwards for better positioning between them.
    If you imprison him before he teleports he will teleport with the imprison on him.

Look at my signature for the kill video.

Quote Originally Posted by Kensio View Post
    Menaged to do it few days ago, was hard, frustrating and exhausting as hell...
    I can say it's still bugged, the blizzard still ticks dmg sometimes after leaving it, if you move while the casts the ice shards on you it sometimes record where you stood half a second ago and put the shards there, which means that you will be inside one, resulting in 1 shot you, took me few times to figure that out and managed that by moving backwards for better positioning between them.
    If you imprison him before he teleports he will teleport with the imprison on him.

Look at my signature for the kill video.
    I definitely need to get DBM Challenges, that looks like it makes SO much completely trivial. The Imprison/running to center before teleport looks way easier.

The one thing I didn't understand is why you were wasting Eye Beam on the Razor Ice? Half the time you lost most of your meta uptime while traveling back to him. Why not just Chaos Nova the ice, use the shards for a full heal + guaranteed instant reset on Chaos Nova's CD (and Eye Beam's), and then just double jump + fel rush out of the ice?

Deleted
    Kensio your kill video almost made me kill myself too. Sooo long fighting... you had like 3 frost and 2 arcane phases. But you handled the image phases too damn perfect, i gotta give it to you. It was like you knew where he will port. Anyway

To the rest of the guys who are still trying ill describe my expirience. As we all know its dps race, but Xymel hit too damn hard and it's actually also and survival too.
    Frost phase is basically cake with the soul shards abusing from the ice spikes and Demonic build.
    I changed the tactic from popping meta on pull, because you have at least 2 to 3 downtimes with frost stuns that is rougly 5 seconds per spikes due stuns + travel time. Best results I did with just using beam whenever I'm in melle range of boss to maximise the dmg on the boss
    Also found a little "abuse" you can do before 1st transition - as you know boss transition around 69-70%, but with chaos nove->consume magic->fel erruption i managed to drop the boss to 64-65% before he transiton(on my kill I actually managed to drop him down to 62%). Then when I reached him Eye Beamed and when the Meta from the beam ended poped the actual Meta + Eye beam within it and proceed to nuke the boss the whole time (also had Sephus with WA to track timer so i can abuse both haste and movememnt speed buff).
    If you can keep using eye beam meta each time reach him, you will maximize the dmg on Xylem and reduce the pain of the long fight. On my kill I managed to beat the mage at the end of the 1st shadow barrage on 2nd arcane phase.
    Then the big void lord all I saw was RNG... If u did enough crits during meta burn and some extra swing from the new golden trait, you can barely beat it before the platform is full of shit. Overall if you manage to kill 3rd set of adds it's a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I definitely need to get DBM Challenges, that looks like it makes SO much completely trivial. The Imprison/running to center before teleport looks way easier.

The one thing I didn't understand is why you were wasting Eye Beam on the Razor Ice? Half the time you lost most of your meta uptime while traveling back to him. Why not just Chaos Nova the ice, use the shards for a full heal + guaranteed instant reset on Chaos Nova's CD (and Eye Beam's), and then just double jump + fel rush out of the ice?
    If I did use chaos nova and than fel rush to him I would get to him in human form, while using eye beam on the razor ice I managed to get to him in demon form and get 3-4 sec left on it, which was a valuable dmg, and still had eye beam for any case I needed a fast heal. Also that made sure that there were some soul fragments that I didn't pick for the transition phase or to get some fury from.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Kensio your kill video almost made me kill myself too. Sooo long fighting... you had like 3 frost and 2 arcane phases. But you handled the image phases too damn perfect, i gotta give it to you. It was like you knew where he will port. Anyway
    You are right Deity it indeed took me a bit longer but there is a reason behind it, in most tries I got him to around 25% and than died due to a reckless mistake (also, I play with 80ms constant and since 7.2 I have little lags, for example when he casts on me sometimes i see the dmg only 1.5 sec later, if I double jump and fel rush sometimes I fel rush during the fall resulting in me fel rushing through the Razor Ice), also during few of the tries I died due to a bug, (image phase, getting to him but he remains ethereal, shadow orbs hitting me even due I passed them by quite some yards, etc.) when I managed to change my mind set and realize that I have all the time in the world I chose a more careful approach which resulted in getting to stage 2, 3 times (all 3 were wipes, due to panic lol, forgot to take choas blades, forgot to use KBW, used FOTI on the boss and not keeping it for the adds), the 4th time I got to stage 2 I scored a kill.
    About the image phase, I didn't look at the screen, I looked at the map and reacted according to it, which was way easier.