Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    9 out of 10 pug leaders are brainless twats. 900+ ilvl and curve for normal nh seems legit.

i joined a hc pug with my priest alt a week ago. requirements were 900+ilvl and curve. i have curve but ilvl is only 895 so i threw some shit titanforged gear with all wrong secondarys on and got in. when we started i swapped my optimal gear on and we downed first 4 bosses. was in top3 as a dps on each boss except scorp and run was going smoothly. then i got kicked. i asked leader why i was booted and he said that i lacked ilvl he had requested. ok... you cant cure stupid.
    That's about the level of intelligence and competence you can expect from a group that requires such high ilvl when it's not actually needed. (I am most definitely including the poster above you who proudly has such requirements himself).

There are rare exceptions, but they're rare enough to not be worth consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by stabya23 View Post
    I don't have too much sympathy for this. The AOTC only pug is killing the game to exclude only a handful of players.
    Quote Originally Posted by stabya23 View Post
    The game is definately losing players and guilds. I know the elites only want to play with themselves, but with the lack of opportunities for more and more players, some will do whatever they can to kill final bosses. I don't mind it at all. I got my AOTC before my guild, because the pug raid leader didn't check...and now i got into the elite club!!!
    Back in the day you wanted to raid, you joined a guild. Slowly the game became more pug-friendly and that started eroding the casual guild scene, everyone suddenly started exhibiting commitment aversion and the worst selfish instincts like: why should I carry baddies in my guild, I can do better in a pug... why should I have to log every tuesday and thursday when I can pug at whatever hour I want... why should I stick to 1 character and share loot in a way that benefits the group when I can hop across 5 alts and get easy gear from pugs, especially ninjaing and reserving became so rampant Blizz had to force personal loot in the end, etc. etc.

Prevalence and ease of pugging created this culture of caring only about yourself and treating other people as stepping stones to your goal. And then people shed crocodile tears when those mean, elitist pug leaders treat them as stepping stones to get a free boost and easy gear on their 5th alt.

Back in the day if you wanted to kill Illidan you didn't need ilvl and curve, you needed a guild, and you needed to earn your spot, yet these were the "glory days" when the game was gaining subs not losing.

It's not the "lack of opportunities for more and more players", the opportunities are wide open (join a guild or create your own pug) but players just want everything on a silver platter: I wanna pug at the day and hour I want, the pug needs to not be elitist and invite me, yet the pug needs to be smooth, fast and not wipe too much - for example I joined on an alt EN normal pug with 840+ requirement a.k.a. non elitist, people wiped twice on Elerethe and immediately the domino effect of leavers started, so ofc don't be surprised when the community deteriorated to the level "wipes not accepted" pugs are how they are with high barriers of entry and extra safeguards against possibility of wipes.

Guilds are crumbling because people take the easy way out and rather pug than stick to the guild or they bring their tainted pug mentality into a guild (show up when they want, not show up when they don't want to without any warning or notice, randomly leave / transfer with no explanation, whine if they don't get best loot pieces from day 1, afk on trash, don't listen to raid leader and just pad meters), the days when community was about cooperating to get the boss killed are over, now it's all about personal glory - my ilvl, my logs, my dps meter, my own convenience etc. etc., me me me mentality.

There are few guilds here and there that are still all about nice people, teamwork and having fun together, but Blizzard does nothing to help this segment of the playerbase, instead keeps catering to the "me me me gimme more candy, gimme everything now" crowd.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-04-20 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    When I want to kill Heroic Gul'dan as an ilvl 903:

RL: BE ILVL 900+ WITH ATOC! THIS IS A FAST RUN! I HAVE WORK TOMORROW, SO MAKE IT QUICK!

Me: What? But...I want to kill heroic Gul'dan! I've killed all the other Bosses on heroic..and I have no time for this until ToS pops...

RL: NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! Killing Heroic Bosses on NH Up to Gul'dan, While Knowing this fight doesn't give you a Launch day ATOC! LINK IT OR GET DENIED!

Me: WHAT!?!

RL: The Vanilla Veteran HAS SPOKEN!

OT: Oh please. Let them spam those Fake links. Pisses me off that EVERYONE needs an ATOC to kill Gul'dan, even if you know the Fight and are Experienced...
    If you know the fight and are experienced, wouldn't you almost certainly have the achievement? Serious question.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    If you know the fight and are experienced, wouldn't you almost certainly have the achievement? Serious question.
    Yes...But...uhhh

Time....

10+ Year Old Account
    AOTC is fucking awful and needs to be removed from the game. My ilevel is 880 and I can't get into heroic nighthold pugs at all for gear. Not even normal ones anymore. It takes me an hour to find a group. And when I do I start seeing the higher geared people who are just in there for AP start saying ridiculous shit like "ONLY INVITE PEOPLE WHO ARE 900+ NOW" or "PUT AOTC ONLY IN DESC". For normal. There are other measures that can be put in place.

Deleted
    Here's a few tips :

1. Armory them
    2. Look at their heroic kills, if they got one kill on everything on the same day : boosted. If they got just Guldan or Guldan Elisande : boosted.

Rule of thumb, just check for multiple kills, that gives the best indication overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    AOTC is fucking awful and needs to be removed from the game. My ilevel is 880 and I can't get into heroic nighthold pugs at all for gear. Not even normal ones anymore. It takes me an hour to find a group. And when I do I start seeing the higher geared people who are just in there for AP start saying ridiculous shit like "ONLY INVITE PEOPLE WHO ARE 900+ NOW" or "PUT AOTC ONLY IN DESC". For normal. There are other measures that can be put in place.
    AOTC is fine, your lack of trying is not. It literally took me a week to get one char to 890 doing mythic plus.

Or just sign up with a 900 friend and you'll get in 90% of the time (especially if they are a healer or a tank).

As for normal don't bother with those groups, those that are doing normal and heroic a few days before the next research comes out, are generally a collection of inefficient plebs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    just in there for AP start saying ridiculous shit like "ONLY INVITE PEOPLE WHO ARE 900+ NOW"
    I don't get why you're mad. It's life. Okay, it's not life, its a microcosmos of the real actual life.

Tell me at least one reason why should I invite people into my raid sub 900 ilvl if I can EASILY in literal SECONDS get full raid of 900+ people? Asking for 900+ in the search name just filters people in already full list of applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Even if they have AoTC doesn't mean they didn't pay for it.
    This.

Just did a quick google search and found people selling AotC Gul'dan for $30... 30 bucks.

Also, if you're falling for fake achievements because you don't know how to check someone's armory, then you're probably one of those baddies who makes a AotC only group so you can get carried to AotC.

tbh it's a pretty sad state of the game when, unless you're in a good guild, the only way you'll be able to raid is if you buy an achievement carry. Further proof that the community is basically dead.
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2017-04-20 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    I always use fake achievements to get into groups. It's a great asset to have when you face these dumb leaders who require achievements instead of browsing logs to see how good you are.

I don't understand how any pug lead still relies on nonsense like achievements or ilvl. you want 70%+ percentile people don't you?

To all the 880 without AOTC people saying you don't need high ilvl because HC drops 885 gear why don't you find a group that dosnt require high ilvl or AOTC ???
    I'll tell you why... doing HC NH in 880 gear is possible in an ORGANIZED group, PUGs are far from it.
    I tried joining one of these "progression" PUG groups with an 880 alt, safe to say it didn't go well. Even if it would have been possible to kill it the lazy/silver spoon mentality kicks in and people don't stay for more then 1-2 wipes (just to make it clear again, this was a PROGRESSION PUG group, with people that don't have AOTC). So if people without AOTC and lowish ilvl are not willing to stay for more then 1-2 wipes then who is the elitists, the one who creates groups with high requirements or the people that can't handle 1-2 wipes when they are lowish ilvl and without AOTC ?
    Sure you find some competent people in these groups but the chances of ALL the people of the PUG being descent raiders is insanely low. For every 10 people you maybe get 1 that can actually play the game properly but 2-3 people wont carry a group of 880ilvl people on Gul'Dan, in fact i'm guessing it would be quite hard to do anything passed scorpiron.

But how are you going to kick the buyers? That is pretty shitty thing to do, create a raid with randoms, requiring achievement and then having people who clearly dont have it be invited and boosted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    I always use fake achievements to get into groups. It's a great asset to have when you face these dumb leaders who require achievements instead of browsing logs to see how good you are.

I don't understand how any pug lead still relies on nonsense like achievements or ilvl. you want 70%+ percentile people don't you?
    Lol, 95% and higher or no invite to my Normal Nighthold pug!

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    you want 70%+ percentile people don't you?
    Lol 70 percentile ? like how is this even possible to have 70 if you not playing with 1 hand or are mentally ill. like you have to use worst available gear stat wise and play poorly on top of it. My worst log i have done past ~2 years (without dying ofc ..) was 88 on my item level bracket and im ashamed of it.
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2017-04-21 at 01:07 PM.

9 out of 10 pug leaders are brainless twats. 900+ ilvl and curve for normal nh seems legit.
    The only reason i will do normal nh would be killpoints / ap so yeh, i better gather likeminded 900+ and streamroll through every boss in a bloodlust or so.

i don't see problem in it.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

I mostly use Fake Achiev to get into RBG pugs for that sweet AP reward. Everyone is asking for 2-2.4k exp like it is common to have. Works pretty much everytime.

Today I even set the date to my 2.4k achie to 1/1/1990 just to see how awake the leader is, and I got an invite.

People mostly just demand high achievs for their pugs to be carried, and expect to be carried because no one takes their precious time to armory the leader of the pug to check if he have done what he is asking for.

However, when I create my own pugs on alts, I always ask for AOTC and about 5 ilvls lower than my character. Simply because I want a group of similar level players. Don't like it? Create your own pug.
    And yes I know I am a hypocrit. But one daily low level CR RBG each day does not take 2.4k exp to win. Killing HC Gul'dan however, actually require the group to know how to soak souls, kill eyes and position flames (to name some). An 880 with zero experience will most likely wipe the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I mostly use Fake Achiev to get into RBG pugs for that sweet AP reward. Everyone is asking for 2-2.4k exp like it is common to have. Works pretty much everytime.

Today I even set the date to my 2.4k achie to 1/1/1990 just to see how awake the leader is, and I got an invite.

People mostly just demand high achievs for their pugs to be carried, and expect to be carried because no one takes their precious time to armory the leader of the pug to check if he have done what he is asking for.

However, when I create my own pugs on alts, I always ask for AOTC and about 5 ilvls lower than my character. Simply because I want a group of similar level players. Don't like it? Create your own pug.
    And yes I know I am a hypocrit. But one daily low level CR RBG each day does not take 2.4k exp to win. Killing HC Gul'dan however, actually require the group to know how to soak souls, kill eyes and position flames (to name some). An 880 with zero experience will most likely wipe the group.

It's necessary to stop saying shit, especially on this tier, Gul'dan HC is extremely accessible, even for someone with 880 ilvl and without experience. The problem here is especially that you are not patient.

You'd rather get boosted by 905-910 ilvl rather than think about 5 seconds: No FoS = No kill = No FoS . Are you stupid ?

You just have to enjoy being 900+ to take theses 880 and help them get the first kill, and the FoS, instead of taking other 900+.

This week my team was taking a 879 Warrior, we clean with him without any problem and he got 10 items (HC and HC WF) and now he's 887, with the FoS, and able to run next weeks with us or another guild.

So no, a 880 without exp will not make wipe the group, it's more likely you aren't able to push a 880, you are not good enough with your 900+ ilvl.
    Last edited by mmocf2b6c3b75f; 2017-04-21 at 01:23 PM.

I faked mine to get my first kill, wouldnt have gotten an invite without it

Someone needs to make a fake ilvl add on. That's all people care about

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Someone needs to make a fake ilvl add on. That's all people care about
    Its not like i can see your HP pool in my Grid or just mouse over your Character for Ilvl info

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Its not like i can see your HP pool in my Grid or just mouse over your Character for Ilvl info
    Anyone that's stupid enough to base decisions solely on ilvl will rarely take the time to do that