Poll: Gnome Druids

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Gnome Druids

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Gnome Druids

So, I already know I am going to get roasted for this thread. Gnomes are my all time favorite race. Sadly, there is a ton of gnome hate perpetrated by a select group of jerks making it all the more difficult to express ideas about Gnomes. Here goes:

I'd love to see Gnomes study with Night Elves to learn the ways of the Druid. One of two things could happen. 1) Blizz could simply offer either Nelf or Worgen Druid forms when trained. Or 2) they could use existing skins from Battle Pets, like the ones below:

Guardian Form - Dun Morogh Cub (fitting for the region)

Feral Form - Snow Cub (also fitting for the region)

Moonkin Form - Hatchling from Alliance

Treant Form - Ruby Sapling

Travel Form (Cheetah) - Cheetah Cub

Travel Form (Stag) - Fawn (fitting for the region)

Travel Form (reg) - Gilnean Raven

Travel Form (swift) - Snowy Owl

Aquatic Form (in place of sea lion) - Left Shark (or Land Shark)

Aquatic Form (possible Glyph) - Mr Chilly Penguin

*Please note, these are older images from warcraftpets.com. In game versions are much nicer and Blizz could certainly just take the existing Night Elf, or Gilnean forms and reduce their sizes by 50% to accommodate a Gnome Druid without having to create ANY new artwork.

That said, it would also be possible to use the robotic versions of battle pets and make a mech-style Druid suit that emulates Natural powers and simulates the animal shapes and abilities. Ultimately, the tech version makes more sense, but the battle pet version is far cuter.

None of those forms fit the theme of the race itself. Gnomes are mechanically minded. Look at Hunter. It has mechanical pets for Gnomes rather than traditional.

Also Gnomes have 0 affinity with the Emerald Dream or anything related to Druidism. How would you explain it lorewise?

It's not Gnome hate. It's just logic.

Troll Druid makes sense because it dates back to some ancient lore related to Zalazane if I recall.

As for Worgen I believe they have old pagan beliefs that are similar to Druidism.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-17 at 03:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    None of those forms fit the theme of the race itself. Gnomes are mechanically minded. Look at Hunter. It has mechanical pets for Gnomes rather than traditional.

Also Gnomes have 0 affinity with the Emerald Dream or anything related to Druidism. How would you explain it lorewise?
    I originally got the idea from this thread when I did a Google search awhile back:

So, I have an idea for Gnome Druids which would not require any additional resources, and could keep with the Lore. The gnomes, resourceful and inventive, have been studying the night elf druids and trying to replicate the nature based transformation into something more their speed. Technology. In every sense of the word (as far as gameplay is concerned) this character is a druid.

GUARDIAN - Robo Bear Cub

FERAL - Fluxfire Feline

The power suit would even have its own acronym: D.R.U.I.D.

Dimensional
    Robotic
    Utility
    Interface
    Device

And again how would you explain their sudden affinity? They can't just go upto Malfurion or Cenarius and ask to be trained. It stems from old lore for each race that currently can be. You would either have to retcon it or make it a modern thing without making it sound like total crap.

Worgen. Ancient Pagan beliefs among their people.
    Trolls. Zalazane.
    Night Elves. Malfurion being the first Night Elf Druid. Malfurion was also a disciple of Cenarius.
    Tauren. Believed to be the first race instructed in Druidism by Cenarius.

There is no lore in place that can possibly legitimately explain Gnome Druid. All the other race/class combos have some form of explanation. And as for the Cata race/combos well a lot of that shit like Human Hunter should have been in the game since day 1.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-17 at 03:12 AM.

No.
    Gnomes are a stupid race.
    This is a stupid idea.
    Fuck outta here with your special snow flake-ism.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

everyone wants to be a druid, but no one wants to do druid stuff, like hugging trees and saving baby squirrels.

7+ Year Old Account
    And again how would you explain their sudden affinity? They can't just go upto Malfurion or Cenarius and ask to be trained. It stems from old lore for each race that currently can be. You would either have to retcon it or make it a modern thing without making it sound like total crap.

Worgen. Ancient Pagan beliefs among their people.
    Trolls. Zalazane.
    Night Elves. Malfurion being the first Night Elf Druid. Malfurion was also a disciple of Cenarius.
    Tauren. Believed to be the first race instructed in Druidism by Cenarius.

There is no lore in place that can possibly legitimately explain Gnome Druid. All the other race/class combos have some form of explanation. And as for the Cata race/combos well a lot of that shit like Human Hunter should have been in the game since day 1.
    How did Blizz explain the sudden affinity of:

Gnome Priests
    Undead Hunters
    Tauren Paladins
    Dwarven Shaman
    etc

Easy. By writing new lore to explain the necessity. I get it though. You hate the idea, and no amount of logic, debate, or discussion is ever going to sway you... so I am not going to bother. It's something I would enjoy, and something Blizz will likely never do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    No.
    Gnomes are a stupid race.
    This is a stupid idea.
    Fuck outta here with your special snow flake-ism.
    Tell us how ya really feel You mad or something? It's only an idea thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post

Gnome Priests
    Undead Hunters
    Tauren Paladins
    Dwarven Shaman
    etc

Easy. By writing new lore to explain the necessity. I get it though. You hate the idea, and no amount of logic, debate, or discussion is ever going to sway you... so I am not going to bother. It's something I would enjoy, and something Blizz will likely never do.
    Undead Hunter. Every race should have a natural affinity to the Bow and Nature. Just like Warrior with the sword. That's why every race can be a Hunter now.

Tauren Paladin. See the Sunwalkers. They use the power of An'she which is a sun in Tauren mythology.

Dwarf Shaman. See the Earthen Ring and Wildhammer Clan.

Gnome Priest. Medics and some are supposedly known to follow the light.

They wrote some new lore in for some of it and used some existing lore. I don't hate the idea. I hate your idea. Your initial post had no logic. You have no concrete reason as to how they could become Druids other than "ME WANT GNOME DRUID NOW". If you are just giving up this easily then fine but don't act as though you have some moral high ground because I debated your suggestions. I said add new lore that makes sense.

Sunwalkers made perfect sense in Cata and the Wildhammer Clan were known for savage methods similar to the Horde and had Dwarf Shamans. That kind of lore makes sense. You have nothing concrete to base Gnome Druid on. Each lore piece added had something concrete to base it on.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-17 at 03:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussion is great and encouraged, but let's not start being hostile for no reason. Just cutting that off early.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The robodruid idea is hilarious. It's so totally self-contradictory it almost transcends the problem. I feel like if you were to use cutesy battle pet forms you'd have to be doing cutesy battle pet damage as well... Technodruid, though. That's something else. I suppose mechagnomes might do this but then we're treading awfully close to Transformers intellectual-property territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post

Gnome Priests
    Undead Hunters
    Tauren Paladins
    Dwarven Shaman
    etc

- - - Updated - - -

Tell us how ya really feel You mad or something? It's only an idea thread.
    No, just voicing my opinion of an abortion of an idea.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Would much rather have undead/human druids. Undead are just beings that were once living and no longer are. Plus that could make for some awesome undead shapeshift forms. Humans can do pretty much anything.

It's not Gnome hate. It's just logic.
    If Blizzard wills it, they can make it happen and make the lore to go with it.. I still trying to understand Tauren Paladins. Undead Holy Priest etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Would much rather have undead/human druids. Undead are just beings that were once living and no longer are. Plus that could make for some awesome undead shapeshift forms. Humans can do pretty much anything.
    just make a lot of sense, unholy dead beings, who are connected with the emerald dream, infused with the life energy

can we just close the topic, so the absurd suggestions like gnome and undead druids could not be done, rly, make this nonsense, they should put every class to every race, and this is not good

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell to the naw. Gnomes have no affinity for nature, yeah its true that some have thrown away there natural fear of tall races and beasts but its too soon for them to be close to nature enough for them to connect on a druidic level. I see them wielding the light as a paladin before ever crossing over to the side of a druid or shaman.

There is only one way that gnomes should ever be allowed to get more classes: That's if Blizzard simply gives up trying to maintain any kind of lore-integrity and removes ALL race/class restrictions so everyone can be everything. Otherwise no, never.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the class/race combos in game make sense so far and yeah there are a few class/race combos left that should happen....this being one of the ones that should not happen.

I rather see night elf paladins which looks like we will be seeing in a future expansion.

As much as I want this to happen, it won't

7+ Year Old Account
    Gnome druids doesn't sound likely. What we need instead, is PANDAREN DRUID
    People gotta shapeshift from bearman into another bearman (challenge artifact apperance)

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

10+ Year Old Account
    As cute as I think it could be, I'm something of a lore snob and as a result I don't want this to happen.