Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JeroLock View Post
    That's the common strat, not the one discussed in this thread though.
    I posted the strat in the other mage tower post on these forums, bottom of page 3, very easy strat without ring or pants did it in 5 pulls

- - - Updated - - -

I just completed the affliction scenario, used infernal to tank him in phase one like bacon said. (you need to be in melee range and get hit for infernal to aggro)
    1. I used infernal stun to stun Karam before he casted purgatory, blew everything and tunneled him as much as i could during the stun. ( When he comes back I noticed his health was lower for p2 allowing me to transition him very fast)
    2. After P1 I tunneled Raest, once adds spawned I dotted them and nuked a few down to get consumption stacks rolling and went back on Raest
    3. Once Karim spawned I nukes him down and since he had lower health he transitioned very fast with minimal kiting. I then tunneled Raest (I switched too doomguard after P1 transition also for slow)
    4. Last karam rez I ignored him and Tunneled Raest and killed him killing one hand and banishing lobster due to far rune spawn.

Ran bracer and sephuz, mael, contag, sl, coil, sup, sc took me about 5 tries @ 909 Ilvl. May be a little slower xsition on karam with lower ilvl but totally doable!
    Last edited by Unlockmyhrt; 2017-04-16 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    I posted the strat in the other mage tower post on these forums, bottom of page 3, very easy strat without ring or pants did it in 5 pulls

- - - Updated - - -

I just completed the affliction scenario, used infernal to tank him in phase one like bacon said. (you need to be in melee range and get hit for infernal to aggro)
    1. I used infernal stun to stun Karam before he casted purgatory, blew everything and tunneled him as much as i could during the stun. ( When he comes back I noticed his health was lower for p2 allowing me to transition him very fast)
    2. After P1 I tunneled Raest, once adds spawned I dotted them and nuked a few down to get consumption stacks rolling and went back on Raest
    3. Once Karim spawned I nukes him down and since he had lower health he transitioned very fast with minimal kiting. I then tunneled Raest (I switched too doomguard after P1 transition also for slow)
    4. Last karam rez I ignored him and Tunneled Raest and killed him killing one hand and banishing lobster due to far rune spawn.

Ran bracer and sephuz, mael, contag, sl, coil, sup, sc took me about 5 tries @ 909 Ilvl. May be a little slower xsition on karam with lower ilvl but totally doable!
    If I interrupt Karam before Purgatory nothing really happens, comes back with the same hp, still gets insta bubbled right after the interrupt, did it right at the 21m mark when when he casts it. But if I stack him with Raest with infernal and stun during the Pugatory cast I've noticed I don't get any adds in p2. Which doesn't really help me, easier for me to have adds in p2 to help cleave him down. If there was a way to remove them for p3 would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
    If I interrupt Karam before Purgatory nothing really happens, comes back with the same hp, still gets insta bubbled right after the interrupt, did it right at the 21m mark when when he casts it. But if I stack him with Raest with infernal and stun during the Pugatory cast I've noticed I don't get any adds in p2. Which doesn't really help me, easier for me to have adds in p2 to help cleave him down. If there was a way to remove them for p3 would be nice though.
    By having no adds you can just sit and tunnel raest, didn't know that worked nice to know though, hmm maybe I was confused on Karan's health, earlier in the post though if u stun for purgatory it takes longer for him to regen = more time on raest, I didn't really notice just because I did it in so few attempts, might be worth checking on. I also got karma down to about 15 million b4 purgatory

Having the infernal tank Karam and him not gaining empowerment buffs is a coin flip. Both infernal and i sit inside his hitbox, works half the time, if he decides to gain empowerment it's a wipe and waste of shards anyways.

Also love the hands and runes spawning right behind karam opposite of me without a ring or portal pants to maneuver that and have enough dps uptime for the hands (assuming he's being kited around the central circle edges). Death coil is also a gamble whether it helps or not since he can run horrified straight at me still even when I face him.

The closest attempts happen when the hands are kind enough to spawn within the circle.

Gonna farm for Sacrolash or sephuz. Aff is not a main spec of choice so the skin isn't worth the headache. All I got for aff is bracers, belt, and norgannon's (can't complain, got bis legendaries for destro and demo) which is also useless there since there's not a single moment you can stand still casting for 6 seconds to proc movement while casting that often.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-04-16 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Having the infernal tank Karam and him not gaining empowerment buffs is a coin flip. Both infernal and i sit inside his hitbox, works half the time, if he decides to gain empowerment it's a wipe and waste of shards anyways.

Also love the hands and runes spawning right behind karam opposite of me without a ring or portal pants to maneuver that and have enough dps uptime for the hands (assuming he's being kited around the central circle edges). Death coil is also a gamble whether it helps or not since he can run horrified straight at me still even when I face him.

The closest attempts happen when the hands are kind enough to spawn within the circle.

Gonna farm for Sacrolash or sephuz. Aff is not a main spec of choice so the skin isn't worth the headache. All I got for aff is bracers, belt, and norgannon's (can't complain, got bis legendaries for destro and demo) which is also useless there since there's not a single moment you can stand still casting for 6 seconds to proc movement while casting that often.
    Even with stacks its not a wipe Just heal your pet with your heal pet ability

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit thank you so much!!! I was struggling a lot with the kiting with writhe/effigy, probably because im not very used to playing with those talents. I followed your exact strategy and after probably 10 or so tries I got it down and killed that fucker! The key for me was making sure I went into the final burn phase with max resources and ideally a 5 stack of WoC. That plus lust and pots and Raest melts. I was also running sow the seeds to burst down the adds faster, giving me more time to tunnel the boss.
    Last edited by tacticalxxpanda; 2017-04-16 at 10:36 PM.

Even with stacks its not a wipe Just heal your pet with your heal pet ability
    You don't understand. The pet loses aggro to me. He stops caring about the pet as soon as ive set up my effigy and only put siphon life on him. He will NEVER focus my pet, so the whole point of using the pet attack trick is so he bugs and never gains stacks and I just kite him around easy until P2.

My infernal has not once held aggro over me for the entire P1.

You don't understand. The pet loses aggro to me. He stops caring about the pet as soon as ive set up my effigy and only put siphon life on him. He will NEVER focus my pet, so the whole point of using the pet attack trick is so he bugs and never gains stacks and I just kite him around easy until P2.

My infernal has not once held aggro over me for the entire P1.
    Are you and your pet standing in melee range at the start of the encounter? you have to get hit for the infernal to aggro and command him to attack

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalxxpanda View Post
    Holy shit thank you so much!!! I was struggling a lot with the kiting with writhe/effigy, probably because im not very used to playing with those talents. I followed your exact strategy and after probably 10 or so tries I got it down and killed that fucker! The key for me was making sure I went into the final burn phase with max resources and ideally a 5 stack of WoC. That plus lust and pots and Raest melts. I was also running sow the seeds to burst down the adds faster, giving me more time to tunnel the boss.
    Glad I could help, grats on your sick apperance

Are you and your pet standing in melee range at the start of the encounter? you have to get hit for the infernal to aggro and command him to attack

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I could help, grats on your sick apperance

Yes, the pet is right next to him and I'm standing inside of him so the first thing he hits is me while I spam pet attack as he's about to aggro.

It's not a reliable bug and the fact that this is what makes P1 less ridiculous for those without the rings or using uneven terrain (which then invites bugs like him merging into the ground) when kiting him is what's so obnoxious about an encounter that is clearly night and day with the ring's permanent 40% snare.

Yes, the pet is right next to him and I'm standing inside of him so the first thing he hits is me while I spam pet attack as he's about to aggro.

It's not a reliable bug and the fact that this is what makes P1 less ridiculous for those without the rings or using uneven terrain (which then invites bugs like him merging into the ground) when kiting him is what's so obnoxious about an encounter that is clearly night and day with the ring's permanent 40% snare.
    Ive never had my pet not aggro him, either they hotfixed it or your doing something wrong, make sure your infernals threat gen ability is on. If not idk what to tell ya

Ive never had my pet not aggro him, either they hotfixed it or your doing something wrong, make sure your infernals threat gen ability is on. If not idk what to tell ya

Got to be doing something wrong, Done a few more attempts and got crazy on dps and lost aggro to infernal, just chilled for a sec and he taunted him back, a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
    Got to be doing something wrong, Done a few more attempts and got crazy on dps and lost aggro to infernal, just chilled for a sec and he taunted him back, a few times.
    Yeah I wait a good 15-20 seconds before going in on him, I run elvui interface and it has a built in threat meter so I know where I am at on threat

It's obviously not intended for you to be able to make him aggro your pet and trap him out of bounds, with how much the game tries to stop you from doing both of those things. I hope Blizzard hotfixes all this cheaty crap like they did with the tank challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    It's obviously not intended for you to be able to make him aggro your pet and trap him out of bounds, with how much the game tries to stop you from doing both of those things. I hope Blizzard hotfixes all this cheaty crap like they did with the tank challenge.
    They better make the fucking doomguard snare like intended instead of only 4 seconds then (the pvp duration) because not everyone has the corruption snare ring and the fight is pretty ridiculous/RNG without it.