Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    If you mean the original scenario that sends you to the broken shore before you unlock your class hall, you never had to redo it on alts, it is skippable.
    No, I'm talking about the one that gets you to deliverance point. I know the one before getting to Dalaran is skippable.

Oh noes, my inability to decide on a character has led me to playing more.

Blizz, plz fix.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    and people want vanilla back LUL
    Lolol exactly this
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    So... you don't want to play the game, in other words?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    WoW is a MMORPG, obviously there are role-playing moments as it is a role-playing game. The stories provided are bonuses, if anything.
    There's no RPG in wow.... unless you count the RP that goes on in RP servers.

That stuff doesn't take too long to do though. The only situation I could see those being an issue is if you're raising up a new alt to hardcore raid with and you need to be raid-ready in 2 weeks. Other than that, it's really quite an inconsiderable burden.
    Realism: The glass is half full or half empty dependent on whether it is being filled or poured.

- DroganX, the Immortal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    There's no RPG in wow.... unless you count the RP that goes on in RP servers.
    If we are to compare it to another MMORPG, say FFXIV, then sure, Blizzard isn't really hitting the nail on the wall. If anything, they are making a hole in the wall. However, the fact they try to incorporate Diablo's storytelling (and other prominent features; Sentinaxx portals & Destruction artifact ability hints to this) shows a potential of improving on the RPG aspect to make the matters seem much more dire.

They've shown us throughout world quests, quests and in game encounters about the corruption of the Emerald Nightmare, the end of a God-like being (Helya), ruining the plans of the master warlock Gul'dan and now we are breaching the Tomb of Sargeras to stop Kil'jaeden and hopefully put him to an end.
    While the earlier storytelling was effective, such as the destruction of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and the siege of Hellfire Citadel, it didn't really put a punch into it (my opinion), but seeing what they've put forth in this expansion makes me not wanting to skip it.
    If anything, I'd like to experience it a few more time, but nothing is as grand as the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I can understand the frustration around the third relic slot, it feels incredibly arbitrary to just kind of wait around for ~a day after you've finished the campaign to get it.
    What are you talking about? That quest pops up as soon as you finish the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    The biggest alt-unfriendly thing about Legion so far is the fact we have to do some things before we "start playing" when we reach level 110, things that sometimes take very long, like:

-order hall campaign to unlock 3rd relic slot
    -legionfall questline to unlock traits 2.0

I understand the RP value of the questlines, and would want them to remain available in case players want to do them, but I stongly see the fact we have to grind all these things just so we can start actually playing our alts can be an unnecessary pain in the ass
    Legionfall questline? One scenario and 4 points to extract "knowledge". When you have flying that takes no time at all...
    Hell, the troll island took more time to unlock.

That order hall campaign just takes a bit of time, but with the missions set to 1hr even that...

(And I second the "and then people want vanilla back", you do know 1-60 could take you a good few weeks right ;p )
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

I still don't get how exactly Legion is alt-unfriendly.

Because your alts aren't automatically at the same powerlevel as your Main? Guess what, that's why it's your Main.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    You shouldn't have to do the scenario to get to broken shore on alts.
    Which scenario are you talking about?

The one where you do the invasion and Varian dies?

Because you can totally skip that you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiire View Post
    Legion is very alt unfriendly. They should make more items BOA. And like they did with the artifact research make it easier to "skip" certain things.
    I have 5 characters, I am telling you right now Legion isn't alt-unfriendly.

You need to organize and prioritize, it's very easy to keep them all geared up to a raid-ready level - something made even easier now thanks to the return of tier to LFR (thank god!)

Also as soon as you unlock flight you see just how tiny the Broken Isles are and it will save you hundreds of hours over the life of the expansion. Also makes broken shore less of a pain in the dick.

Why stop there? Lets twist your thought process to show how daft a comment it is.

Because I got one character to max level and +900 ilvl...all my alts should automatically become equally of that level and gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    No. Play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Buy resources and send to alts?
    This. I have so many bloods of sargeras my alts just instantly hit AK 25 when they get to 110 lol
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Guessing you aren't in the minority that want Vanilla or liked it hmm? Lul. Attunements.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Anything what you cut for sake of your alt will completly devalue anything you have done on your main. So you went trought weeks of grind and questing in your main when you finaly get your reward just to see your alt skip all that and get free reward for doing nothing. No thanks.

Deleted
    The things you mentioned were harshly reduced in terms of time consumption so that is not really an argument anymore imo.

What IS a problem that they will probably not address in Legion, is the huge requirement of AP to make a character strong enough to do higher content (also for some specs, a few legendaries are still pretty strong in comparison while others are still mostly useless).

Or in other words, in the past you could always switch your "main" if you were able to acquire enough gear for that character to be accepted by whatever group you wanna join. Now not only is it hard to switch the class, but it is also hard to simply switch the spec. This ofc is spoken in terms of Mythic raiding since lower difficulties are doable with lower hp/healing/dps numbers.

It feels a bit back like in vanilla/bc, where you had to invest loads of non-raiding time for competitive raiding - only difference is, back then that time was spent to farm materials (able to mostly be bought with gold instead), now you farm ap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    The biggest alt-unfriendly thing about Legion so far is the fact we have to do some things before we "start playing" when we reach level 110, things that sometimes take very long, like:

-order hall campaign to unlock 3rd relic slot
    -legionfall questline to unlock traits 2.0

I understand the RP value of the questlines, and would want them to remain available in case players want to do them, but I stongly see the fact we have to grind all these things just so we can start actually playing our alts can be an unnecessary pain in the ass
    the fuck makes you think that the legionfall questline is long?
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

What's the point in playing alts when you don't want to play the alts?

Maybe streamlined in the future, but not skipped.
    Not with the class story content anyway.

Near identical repetition on multiple might have more merit in being removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    The only thing remotely "alt unfriendly" at this point, is the Order Hall Resources. They have nerfed the research times AND cost for order hall advancement. Missions which used to be completed over several days (poor Warriors) can now be done in hours (as per patch note; yay Warriors).
    The only real hinder now is gathering the resources and putting them into action.
    With flying, not anymore. You can just dedicate literally 10-20 minutes to do few world quest and you have resources for 2-3 weeks. And I noticed that world quest very often award more resources in 7.2, they are also quests for even 5 Blood of Sargeras (and every Blood = 200 resources).

This community (well, whining part of the community) call someting "alt-unfriendly" everytime when you have to lift a finger for alt. 'Member when WoD was called "alt-unfriendly" when we had to pay 5000 gold for tier 3 garrison? Because I 'member.