Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    I agree and in dungeons healers who are not used to heal monks are always panic when I'm on like 35-50% hp and it's always results in wasted healer cooldowns.
    this is so true. Brewmaster isnt easy to read for anyone. if you arent a brewmaster yourself or have played together with one, other players easily panic.
    i always tried to tell my healers or raidleaders that i am perfectly fine at low health as long as i dont say anything.. but the moment my helth drops <50% i get every cooldown available..

which leads to the problem i have with the blueposts.. it isnt about skills we have, that dont do anything.. its about the semi-complaxity of the specc. stagger and low-life playstyle seams to scary for unknown players which is sad. brewmaster is, imho, 80% learning the theory, 20% execute your brews and the few buttons in the way you learned it. .. sadly healers have to lern brewmasters too which leads to unpopularity of the specc

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    this is so true. Brewmaster isnt easy to read for anyone. if you arent a brewmaster yourself or have played together with one, other players easily panic.
    i always tried to tell my healers or raidleaders that i am perfectly fine at low health as long as i dont say anything.. but the moment my helth drops <50% i get every cooldown available..

which leads to the problem i have with the blueposts.. it isnt about skills we have, that dont do anything.. its about the semi-complaxity of the specc. stagger and low-life playstyle seams to scary for unknown players which is sad. brewmaster is, imho, 80% learning the theory, 20% execute your brews and the few buttons in the way you learned it. .. sadly healers have to lern brewmasters too which leads to unpopularity of the specc
    Which is why I fear that 5% stagger nerf the most. It seems not important, but it's actually a whoopping +50% increase on instant damage recieve with High Tolerance that will spike our hp even more on high damage bursts (especially that we don't have good low-cd abilities like demo shout or barkskin). Don't even talk about 15%->25% increase of our non-existant leather armor. Its basically nothing.

And I don't have an access to that feedback thread to even complain about it... Can anyone post about it there?
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-04-16 at 09:45 AM.

Any thoughts on how these changes might affect legendaries? I main WW and switched my loot setting to Brew since I got all the good WW-specific legendaries. Picked up the stagger ring today and was happy to see it's a great overall Brew ring.

Took ~80 tries, but I finally finished the challenge. It's possible without Gai Plins! Just gotta have 3 Leech pieces to make up for it :^)

Talents were EotT, Chi Torpedo, BoB, Leg Sweep, HE, SD, and BoC

Last edited by Felixphaeton; 2017-04-16 at 11:13 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixphaeton View Post
    Took ~80 tries, but I finally finished the challenge. It's possible without Gai Plins! Just gotta have 3 Leech pieces to make up for it :^)
    Grats! I wonder if it's possible without Sal'salabim's at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staplecrab View Post
    Grats! I wonder if it's possible without Sal'salabim's at the moment.
    There are already kills without it, so yes, it is possible without Chest.

Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    There are already kills without it, so yes, it is possible without Chest.
    you either have the chest or the belt, basically

10+ Year Old Account
    gz Felix but to be honest if it took you 80 tries and you're 10 ilvls equipped higher than I am, I think I'll wait before even bothering to re-attempt. Best I can do is get Variss down to 25% and by that point I get swarmed.

Methinks If I was running BoC I MIGHT have gotten Variss down (with BoC my single target is almost 100k higher - around 430k but I don't have any Tiger Palm relics, otherwise it would be 450-460k) but to be honest I was running High Tolerance to smooth out intake, so my single target was a lot lower. I have no leech and my best attempts came when running GotM for more healing orbs.

It's probably a lot easier if you're lucky enough to have 3 face palm relics and slap on some powerful stat sticks like arcanocrystal, archimonde's or urn. If I had 910 ilvl, dps trinkets and 3 face palm relics I could probably push 500k+ single target and burn Variss down much harder.
    Last edited by Will; 2017-04-17 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    gz Felix but to be honest if it took you 80 tries and you're 10 ilvls equipped higher than I am, I think I'll wait before even bothering to re-attempt. Best I can do is get Variss down to 25% and by that point I get swarmed.

Methinks If I was running BoC I MIGHT have gotten Variss down (with BoC my single target is almost 100k higher - around 430k but I don't have any Tiger Palm relics, otherwise it would be 450-460k) but to be honest I was running High Tolerance to smooth out intake, so my single target was a lot lower. I have no leech and my best attempts came when running GotM for more healing orbs.

It's probably a lot easier if you're lucky enough to have 3 face palm relics and slap on some powerful stat sticks like arcanocrystal, archimonde's or urn. If I had 910 ilvl, dps trinkets and 3 face palm relics I could probably push 500k+ single target and burn Variss down much harder.
    This is me although I have 3 FP relics. I just dont see the point of suffering when it doesn't scale with ilvl

High Tolerance doesn't help very much since even if you stagger more incoming damage, you're gonna have to heal through it eventually anyways. It's much better to take BoC and burn through the boss faster. I took GotM for the first 75ish attempts, but I found that you actually do need the Brew Gen for P2. Purifying Annihilate is important. So essentially, it comes down to 2 things: Having enough DPS, and having enough healing/shields without using GotM as a crutch. Prydaz and Gai'Plin's are great, AHR needs to be supplemented by at least a couple Leech pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post

Is there a good guide/addon i can point my healers to to understand ?
    Rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Baneberry View Post
    Is there a good guide/addon i can point my healers to to understand ?
    Guide?

No, tell them to keep maintenance heals on you(IE hots, beacon, earth shield) and to use efficient heals on you when 50% or lower, not panic flash heals.

The same way they should be playing with almost any tank. Tanks rarely need emergency heals.

At some point a healer should realize the problem is either A) The tank or B) them if they're mismanaging their mana and heals on the tank. Between DK/DH/Pal being spikey and getting bombs they don't need(they can heal it up themself) to brewmaster getting panic heals they don't need(they're not going to take 50% damage anytime soon, you have all damn day to heal them up) There is really no need to change the way you heal any tank. Just stop having a panic attack any time you see a tank's health not at 100%.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-04-17 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Guide?

No, tell them to keep maintenance heals on you(IE hots, beacon, earth shield) and to use efficient heals on you when 50% or lower, not panic flash heals.

The same way they should be playing with almost any tank. Tanks rarely need emergency heals.

At some point a healer should realize the problem is either A) The tank or B) them if they're mismanaging their mana and heals on the tank. Between DK/DH/Pal being spikey and getting bombs they don't need(they can heal it up themself) to brewmaster getting panic heals they don't need(they're not going to take 50% damage anytime soon, you have all damn day to heal them up) There is really no need to change the way you heal any tank. Just stop having a panic attack any time you see a tank's health not at 100%.
    Haven't you heard? If there's effective healing that can be done, healers are going to snipe it whenever they can. They are as bad as DPS when it comes to meters and parsing. I've tried explaining to them, and I still find cooldowns used on me when I don't need them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was only using HT on the challenge to try and make OD juggling a little less dangerous but you're right, DPS is the way to go. A tank challenge where the goal is to pump out as much DPS as possible, what bullshit is this?

Deleted
    I was only using HT on the challenge to try and make OD juggling a little less dangerous but you're right, DPS is the way to go. A tank challenge where the goal is to pump out as much DPS as possible, what bullshit is this?
    The Tankchallenge is not about dps, it's all about micro-management. (Edit: As a BRM at least)
    You can kill him with 5 Infernals active as long as you keep them synchronized so that they cast there slam in the same direction.
    Hell, as a BRM you are even able to survive 6 Annihilates as long as you have the belt to instandly press you back to 100% after the cast.
    Last edited by mmoc63c4b54c03; 2017-04-19 at 06:25 AM.

Why all the changes on ptr (not latest, all of them) feels like nerfs across the board? This is really aggravating.

Why all the changes on ptr (not latest, all of them) feels like nerfs across the board? This is really aggravating.
    started out as strictly nerfs. but it seems like they will end up being some small buffs and some small tweaks (if things keep moving the way they have been)

biggest nerf will be to how much active mit we can stack. it looks like they will end up leaving BoS at 3 seconds without the tiger palm resets (which im extremely glad of).

overall im leaning towards us being similar to where we are and im happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    started out as strictly nerfs. but it seems like they will end up being some small buffs and some small tweaks (if things keep moving the way they have been)

biggest nerf will be to how much active mit we can stack. it looks like they will end up leaving BoS at 3 seconds without the tiger palm resets (which im extremely glad of).

overall im leaning towards us being similar to where we are and im happy about that.
    I still fear that 5% stagger nerf. High Tolerance seems even more mandatory now than ever.

I still fear that 5% stagger nerf. High Tolerance seems even more mandatory now than ever.
    Really? Mitigating 90 instead of 95% of damage taken feels like to big nerf to you?
    (or 75% instead of 80, if we assume no HT or t19)

the 5% nerf and the Stagger cap will change nothing in how we can cheese abilities like no other tank can.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2017-04-19 at 03:59 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    (or 75% instead of 80, if we assume no HT or t19)
    Exactly. I can't stand spiking while tanking with BoC and even with HT it is still very noticable to me. And more to it we will have that horrible set bonus in ToS.

But I really like that RJW buff. I just hope the damage will be adjusted accordingly.