Any opinions on the rate the Sentinax drops right now?

I feel as if it drops a bit too low.

Currently, if you really play in an effective team, you can get ~6-7k an hour, and this is by a long shot.

Generally, you'd get 5k.

I feel this is a bit off and that it should be increased.

BUT.

I believe offering us more ways to get Nethershards could help a ton! Perhaps BoS for Nethershards? Class missions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they (Blizz) nerf droprates?
    Or was that on other drop sources?
    If not then why would they increase the droprates after nerfing them?

They reduced the shard capacity as well. Like a glove, goes hand in hand.
    Other drop sources, i doubt they'd do that.
    Are you geared?
    As in you don't need the vendor gear?
    If geared what else would you spend them on?
    The slot machine? (key chests).
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Didn't they (Blizz) nerf droprates?
    Or was that on other drop sources?
    If not then why would they increase the droprates after nerfing them?

They reduced the shard capacity as well. Like a glove, goes hand in hand.
    Other drop sources, i doubt they'd do that.
    Are you geared?
    As in you don't need the vendor gear?
    If geared what else would you spend them on?
    The slot machine? (key chests).
    They didn't reduce shard capacity, they reduced the faction currency to build buildings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    They didn't reduce shard capacity, they reduced the faction currency to build buildings.
    Shard capacity to hold was 10k is now 1k no?

They didn't want people farming them and hording them like no-lifers
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Shard capacity to hold was 10k is now 1k no?

They didn't want people farming them and hording them like no-lifers
    Nope. Not Nethershards. The other currency. I forget what they're called, but they're used to activate the 3 legionfall buildings. You get 25 of them per Broken Shore wquest and about 6-15 from rares.

They reduced THAT currency cap from 10k to 1k because they didn't want people hoarding them until higher levels of AK since you get an AP token per 100 you turn in. If people hoarded them, the rate at which the buildings were constructed would be wildly thrown off.

Nethershards have NO cap. In fact, you can get 100k+ of them from a single chest in the treasure cave.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    They reduced THAT currency cap from 10k to 1k because they didn't want people hoarding them until higher levels of AK since you get an AP token per 100 you turn in. If people hoarded them, the rate at which the buildings were constructed would be wildly thrown off.
    Except people are still sort of doing that, you sort of wait until you have about 1000 of them, check when you next level of AK is going to be done and then you do a little handin' at that time.

Example - Just look at EU, no towers up - one is 1/3 of the way done, the other about 3/4 done. Nothing has moved really there and it's easter so most people have been free for an entire weekend. The next AK level should be ready for most people tomorrow. Guess there will be a mass-handin of War supplies then.

Sort of like how people save up doing world quests for every third day or so, lines up with new AK instead of running around and doing them every single day.
    Last edited by looorg; 2017-04-17 at 10:22 AM.

nethershards definitely need to be buffed. sentinax is way way way too low for any reasonable person to do because it's literally pissing away your time. you're better served flying around in circles looking for chests and waiting for the mini bosses to spawn.

also wish the shards, or items from the shards were BOA, so that I could farm on my boomkin, and give the gear to my alts. as it stands right now, it's annoyingly difficult to farm sentinax on certain classes.

this is my opinion in video form

15+ Year Old Account
    nethershards are useless

Deleted
    They stealth nerfed the drop rate and still don't comment on it. I wouldn't expect them to buff it any time soon.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The sentinax drops feel way too low.

15 shards for 1 whole portal? lol no.