Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thats because the run in the us just started.
    yeah but it ended in the uk months ago. thats why i said i dont know if the us ratings will determine its future since they actually get ad revenue from bbc america or if theyre simply holding back the announcement in order to keep those ratings higher.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Am I the only one that actually liked Clara as a companion?
    Also as for Bill, didn't really like her that much and the whole episode in general was a bit weaker.
    Yes, you are the only one that likes Clara post snowman version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Hopefully that will never happen so the damn silly americans dont ruin it like they did to torchwood.
    Hard to ruin something that's already shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    The episode was pretty good.

Question, was that 'monster' supposed to be similar to the thing in War of Mars?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Nice to see the Movellans from the oldWho episode Destiny of the Daleks. Guess that scene takes time during/near the end of the Dalek-Movellan war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    The episode was pretty good.

Question, was that 'monster' supposed to be similar to the thing in War of Mars?
    i got that vibe from it, but only in looks really, didn't seem that similar otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing... Until the end, which seems to diverge from the mould set by The Flood.

I think it was just them needing a decent villain for the episode, but not wanting to spend a huge amount of time coming up with one for what was essentially a plot prop. So they repurposed The Flood and tweaked it a bit.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i loved the new season. this should have been capaldi's first outing as the doctor. we wasted so much time with clara. ughhhh
    Too little, too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Too little, too late.
    Eh... I think people forget that Tennat's first season was mediocre at best, and his second season only really picked up 1/2 way through. It was his third season with Donna and that really cemented him in peoples memories as being so great.

If Capaldi can deliver on KILLER season, he'll be remembered well. Trust me.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    So am i the only one wondering whats in that box in the basement? and whos the picture of on his desk? not river, the other one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    So am i the only one wondering whats in that box in the basement? and whos the picture of on his desk? not river, the other one.
    No, I think we're ALL wondering what's in the box. It's clearly going to either be something huge or something ridiculous. There is no inbetween.

As to the other picture, I believe that was Susan Foreman; The Doctor's grand-daughter from the very first season of Doctor Who.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    No, I think we're ALL wondering what's in the box. It's clearly going to either be something huge or something ridiculous
    Let's go ahead and get this out of the way now.
    Q: What would be the worst thing it could be?
    A: Clara, still frozen in undeath with Me, locked away after their adventures so they could take a break and not cause trouble.

Q: What would be the best thing?
    A: Idk. A timelocked Master. Imagine if that's how Simms comes back.
    BAD WOLF

So they introduce a villain that can mimic people, time travel without a TARDIS and take shots from a Dalek then it just disappears like wtf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    So they introduce a villain that can mimic people, time travel without a TARDIS and take shots from a Dalek then it just disappears like wtf.
    I mean, was she really a villain?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Gahllahad was correct above - that Black n' White picture is a classic photo of Susan Foreman, the Doctor's Grandaughter, from the very first episode of Classic Who.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Nice to see the Movellans from the oldWho episode Destiny of the Daleks. Guess that scene takes time during/near the end of the Dalek-Movellan war.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loved that! Moment they showed up I shouted "HOLY SHIT! MOVELLANS!"

Lots of people are interpreting it as the Time War instead of the Dalek/Movellan war. I would normally agree with you, but there IS the slight discontinuity of them being the Bronze new series generation of Daleks instead of the grey 4th Doctor era ones here.

Personally I agree with you, it was prolly the Dalek/Movellan war.

... of course that simply could be the producers not wanting to confuse the audience even further. /shrug

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    It was literally just space oil. Do you prefer the alternative where space oil is suddenly the evil mastermind behind an entire season?

Space.
    Oil.
    BAD WOLF

OK, what I'm about to write - PLEASE take with a pinch of salt! ;P it's my insane wild conspiracy theory...

In regards to the regeneration... there's still a weird part of me that's making me wonder if they may bring back Matt Smith, if only for just the Christmas episode. Was rather strange how a few months after Smith was talking about how he misses playing the Doctor to Capaldi's announcement of him leaving at the end with Moffat.

it's like the finale has a whole "Previous Generation(s)" vibe to it or "Retro-generating". We're having the John Simm Master returning out of nowhere alongside Missy. And then we've got both the Tenth Planet Mondasian Cybermen AND the David Tennant Cybusmen showing up alongside the Current Gen of Cybermen...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It was literally just space oil. Do you prefer the alternative where space oil is suddenly the evil mastermind behind an entire season?

Space.
    Oil.
    Until you hear the tragic backstory of the space oil, of course - which, knowing Moff, would have the "shocking" reveal end up having the space oil being the biological will and thoughts of Clara, still trapped in whatever second, but unable to die - pining for the Doctor's help. :P

/dodges brick! Hey! I'm not saying I WANT to bring back that Cardboard Cutout of a character! Just saying what Moff might do! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Am I the only one that actually liked Clara as a companion?
    Also as for Bill, didn't really like her that much and the whole episode in general was a bit weaker.
    No, you are not the only one. I have never understood the hate for that character. She certainly wasn't the worst. The new one seems okay so far, but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Gahllahad was correct above - that Black n' White picture is a classic photo of Susan Foreman, the Doctor's Grandaughter, from the very first episode of Classic Who.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who loved that! Moment they showed up I shouted "HOLY SHIT! MOVELLANS!"

Lots of people are interpreting it as the Time War instead of the Dalek/Movellan war. I would normally agree with you, but there IS the slight discontinuity of them being the Bronze new series generation of Daleks instead of the grey 4th Doctor era ones here.

Personally I agree with you, it was prolly the Dalek/Movellan war.

... of course that simply could be the producers not wanting to confuse the audience even further. /shrug
    The reason I think it was that war is because in Resurrection of the Daleks the Daleks were losing to the Movellans because of the virus they created that attacked Dalek tissue. So either it was a part of before they created said virus or after it when the Daleks somehow adapted to resist said virus and got strong enough to screw them over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Let's go ahead and get this out of the way now.
    Q: What would be the worst thing it could be?
    A: Clara, still frozen in undeath with Me, locked away after their adventures so they could take a break and not cause trouble.

Q: What would be the best thing?
    A: Idk. A timelocked Master. Imagine if that's how Simms comes back.
    I hate your first option almost as much a I love the second one. Bravo good man!