Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you enjoy the landscape more since flying?

Did it change something or same as always?

Same as always, just means I will get from A to B quicker.

Deleted
    I finally appreciate the effort that went into making the zones. Before, I would struggle to find the tiny path up that huge mountain, just to get somewhere, and never really noticed how it looked, because I just had to get somewhere as fast as I could. Now that I can see it from a distance and study it, I actually stop and LOOK at the environment and find places I do want to see from other angles, so I fly there. And enjoy it.

Of course, not so much in the forest areas, but Highmountain and Stormheim.... Oh my!

im loving flight, knew i would.

and omfg my lower 100's alts get the flight too.

this will kick my alt bone back into gear!

and as far as landscape, sure, i love hovering over a place first and kind of planning out the route im going to nosh through for a quest.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Due to flying, I appreciate suramar a lot more, so much level of detail. Also easier to navigate

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Did it change something or same as always?
    Flying came too late.
    So, no I do not.

First of all, once I got flying, it really felt like I could breathe again.

More OT, yes I love to see the design from further away, how everything ties together into the new landscapes they made, it's very nice.

But as with everything, I got used to it and now I just point to where I wanna go, press auto-run and, until I reach my destination, I watch other stuff on the 2nd monitor.

It is the exact same landscape. I mean.. damn.. there is that hill.. there is that tree.. only my angle has changed. Don't get me wrong getting to point a to point b faster isn't a bad thing. But I don't feel the game has been revolutionized. The game isn't broken either.

Simple fact is. We have been here and done this already. Really isn't that big of a deal.

Now let us get the normal people in here to tune up what has been drummed up and said a million times before. Then in the next expansion we will see all those that quit over it this time quit over it again. Because it is going to be this way for a few of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as usual.

The only xpac that complemented flying was Burning Crusade. The alien atmosphere was literally made for flying, even rewarding you for buying the skill after a long grind.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it makes the world and zone look even better and made me appreciate them more flying around for WQs.

Wasn't fussed about flying but i'm certainly happier now having seen the landscapes in all their glory because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    im enjoyin flying, fucking hunter class hall in highmountain though teleporting me away everytime i fly by
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Legion really gained a lot from flying, I consume much more of the game with flying (went from just doing my emissary on my main to doing full clears of WQ in about an hour). It is a MASSIVE quality of life improvement and I think Legion's landscape gains a lot from being able to traverse in such a manner.

7+ Year Old Account
    looks awesome with the night potion

The landscape no not really its pretty much the same but i have found all kinds of neat treasures and caves that i never knew where a thing before getting flying as i was to annoyed by getting stuck on random bits of terrain while trying to go places.

I am loving it. Blizzard are horrible at creating terrain. It's always a pain to travel through it. I enjoyed FFXIV alot more in that regard.

I love the freedom flying gives me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Due to flying, I appreciate suramar a lot more, so much level of detail. Also easier to navigate
    Still hard to navigate after 6months grinding there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daezi View Post
    No, just, as he wrote, easier...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daezi View Post
    Erm, yeah, never once said it was hard, just said it's easier now, Example being the WQs not near a portal can fly directly there. Also finding things I never noticed before like the praying high up elven statues, and of course the treasures I skipped before, but not once did I say it was hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    im enjoyin flying, fucking hunter class hall in highmountain though teleporting me away everytime i fly by
    Stay outta our air space then or we'll sick the eagle on you!

^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. All the landscape artwork became meaningless to me, they're just obstacles now. I travel way quicker now, that's a given, but I'm no longer as "into the world" as I was before.