Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiire View Post
    Why does anybody want it to be nerfed because one guy got 666K shards? Does that mean I lose shards? How many people does it actually effect that he got that many shards? I just don't see why someone can not be lucky instead of me.
    When by simply being lucky you can get way better gear than ppl raiding mythic for weeks, months...I mean, sure, we don't "lose" anything by someone gaining something, but it's still EXTREMELY shitty design.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    When by simply being lucky you can get way better gear than ppl raiding mythic for weeks, months...I mean, sure, we don't "lose" anything by someone gaining something, but it's still EXTREMELY shitty design.
    You get 880 tokens, and potentially legendaries. This does not put you ahead of people who have been raiding Mythic - the best advantage it might really give you is a good arcanocrystal.

One person getting lucky doesn't break the game, what is with people demanding nerfs when others get lucky (we see the same crap with the titanforge system)?

Whooptydo on this.

Its not a big deal. Shard gear is gonna be trumped by the coming raid. Untill then, everything is catch up, including the shards.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Why bother raiding mythic when it drops f*** all and you can get better loot from RNGforged and nethershards?
    If you're raiding mythic for gear you're doing it wrong. This expansion that's more true than ever.

The gear is the means to an end. The challenge is where it's at. Though I guess we know what's most important to you...

Deleted
    Had 25K and the pet - Lucky i guess but 666K is insane!

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I guess you got super lucky? The world doesn't revolve around you.

It's not like a thing where you were smart and got a head start, which would've been understandable, to profit out of.

This is pure straight-up luck, no thinking, no nothing.

It needs to be fixed.

I got lucky myself too, but I still think it's a problem.
    The timeless isle gambling didn't need to be fixed neither does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Maybe you should wipe those tears from your eyes because this has been going on forever. RNG has meant that there are many people who don't get the loot they want drop. It is not shitty design. This gives those people who don't really do anything but talk shit in chat something to do. Farm those crystals and give it a roll to see if they can get the jackpot. Don't let your jealousy get in the way of other peoples enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    What do you suggest then?
    1k shards?
    500?
    If you don't wanna play the 'slot machines' then don't put any money into them (shard spending)
    I've sunk a few keys into them.
    This is correct, This is not the Method at which you Farm for Shards, this is just merely a Fun way to spend them while searching for the Pet and other "fun stuff" those chests can contain. Just like the Hozen Cave on Timeless Isle was.

Deleted
    It's bad design yeah. The people defending it are the same people who'll defend literally anything Blizzard does, little point in even trying to discuss it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    It's bad design yeah. The people defending it are the same people who'll defend literally anything Blizzard does, little point in even trying to discuss it
    It wouldn't be as much of a problem if they re-evaluated the quantity in-which nether shards are gained, they've gutted every possible method and yet things like this are possible.
    It's just frustrating.

For perspective, 6.2 apexis crystals were far better in-terms of the rate and how you attained them compared to nethershards by far. The upgrade token were also account-bound.
    Last edited by mmoc3619dc7e61; 2017-04-17 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Whooptydo on this.

Its not a big deal. Shard gear is gonna be trumped by the coming raid. Untill then, everything is catch up, including the shards.
    Yes and no. However small the chance (and it is small) you can get a 920 TF socket trinket with nethershards. There was some guy that guy a TF 920 with a socket arcanocrystal. That person is set on trinket unless they maybe get an unbelievable titanforged trinket from ToS. I would not bother farming nethershards for the purpose of maybe getting something like that though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I don't defend everything Blizzard does. I hate the delayed flying. The horrible grind for rep. And plenty more bad decisions. But please explain, why is it bad design? Sometimes it is better to be lucky then good. Same goes in real life. You do not lose any shards or gear or anything else. Really nothing. This is called jealousy. Can not describe it otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm suspect this is actually real.

Because it shouldn't be.

100k is fine I think but you could buy what, 100+ epics with this?
    133 XD

daaaamn

Deleted
    I don't defend everything Blizzard does. I hate the delayed flying. The horrible grind for rep. And plenty more bad decisions. But please explain, why is it bad design? Sometimes it is better to be lucky then good. Same goes in real life. You do not lose any shards or gear or anything else. Really nothing. This is called jealousy. Can not describe it otherwise.
    It just serves as a way to hook couple of more people to stay subbed at the expense of a sense of accomplishment. It's cheap, it's lazy, and it takes advantage of a gene a certain percentage of the population has

That's nuts, I don't think it needs to be "fixed" though. I was super happy when I got the pet, I need to try for a toy I guess too? Not sure what all is in there.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Why does anybody want it to be nerfed because one guy got 666K shards? Does that mean I lose shards? How many people does it actually effect that he got that many shards? I just don't see why someone can not be lucky instead of me.
    Because the EV of the chests isn't going to be 1:1, some idiot getting 666K means an enormous number of people get to have fun opening 1 shard to make up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most ppl don't get anything when they play the lottery.

Some ppl get a few dollars extra.

A few get a couple thousand.

A handful become millionaires.

You don't see ppl complaining bout the lottery now do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You don't see ppl complaining bout the lottery now do you?
    Here on mmo champ? No, considering this is a gaming forum.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Here on mmo champ? No, considering this is a gaming forum.
    He did not write that the complaining is on this forum. I don't see or hear people complain about anywhere.
    I work hard, get up early, get ok paycheck. But three couples won 1.6 billion dollars. They should nerve it. They can just buy cars and real estate as they want. Some might even been slacking in real life.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Usually get 700, 2000 or 3000, but got 50000 once.

But really, consider this Mythic Tomb will drop 940, which likely titanforges to 955.

LFR tomb even drops 890.

Argus Raid drops anywhere from 955-970 on mythic most likely, titanforges close to 970-985ish depending what they implement legendaries potentially over itemlevel 1000.

880 gear will be outdated very soon after 7.3.5.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-04-19 at 12:25 AM.