Throw glaive focus target with leg bracers

Since it says "throw glaive deals 50% increased damage for each enemy hit"

Does that mean I want to throw glaive on the less priority target so it ping pongs over to the target I want to dps down the fastest?

Example mythic botantist. If we're killing Naturalist first, I'll be doing my rotation on Naturalist, but should I be throw glaiving one of the others?

The answer should be quite obvious, no? On botanist every bit of damage that's not on the main target is lost damage

Quote Originally Posted by Zaak View Post
    The answer should be quite obvious, no? On botanist every bit of damage that's not on the main target is lost damage
    I'm going to assume you're misunderstanding the question cause the answer to this is 100% yes.

Scenario A : You throw glaive on Naturalist (primary target) and it does X amount of damage.

Scenario B : You throw glaive on Solarist, it does X amount of damage and then bounces to Naturalst and does X * 1.5 Damage.

For maximizing primary target damage with the legendary bracers you want to TG on a secondary target because the 2nd or 3rd bounce that hits teh primary target is going to do more damage than the initial hit.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2017-04-17 at 03:05 PM.

Ideally you want to throw it on the target that has the lowest hp, as the second / third bound will hit the primary target which might have more hp, this more dot. But in most instances its safer to just throw it. Just rare instances you want to have it throwing differently.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    I'm going to assume you're misunderstanding the question cause the answer to this is 100% yes.

Scenario A : You throw glaive on Naturalist (primary target) and it does X amount of damage.

Scenario B : You throw glaive on Solarist, it does X amount of damage and then bounces to Naturalst and does X * 1.5 Damage.

For maximizing primary target damage with the legendary bracers you want to TG on a secondary target because the 2nd or 3rd bounce that hits teh primary target is going to do more damage than the initial hit.
    The post you are referencing is saying no as a rhetorical, aka; is the answer not obvious? read

mouseover macro is better because bloods die on tich and you cant refocus them over and over

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    mouseover macro is better because bloods die on tich and you cant refocus them over and over
    Can you link me an example of how to do a standard mouse over macro with throw glaive? I have it bound to button " t "

#show Throw Glaive
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists, harm] Throw Glaive; Throw Glaive
    Try this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any specific blood targeting to reliably get tg to bounce o to tichondrius? Is it more likely to bounce to a target with the dot already, or does the ai choose targets without the dot, or just the three closest in a linear pattern like avengers shield from prot pally?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Just a simple:

/cast [@focus] Throw Glaive

will work. Or, I like to have it just be normal, or to my focus if I hold a modifier. Something like:

/cast [mod:shift][@focus] Throw Glaive; Throw Glaive

I'm sure there's a better way to do that (I think the mod and focus part can be in the same bracket but am not 100% atm) but it allows me to do this without needing another binding. You might need to use alt or ctrl if you already use your Throw Glaive bind + shift for something else.

You could also use the example above in this thread that has it go on your Focus if one exists or your primary target otherwise, but I don't like that as I don't always focus a mob I want TG to go to.

I wish we had the ability to macro target enemies that had a marker, like [@skull] or [@star]. It would be super useful but I guess I can see how it could be semi-abused... but considering you can auto-target somebody else's target (assist, I believe?), it's not as if there's not already a way to have an entire raid automatically select a specific target somebody picks.