Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Well the paradox is that the game had less bugs during beta than on release. If i am correct the changes to the UI made this game running horribly even on decent machines. Well You cant revert the time, perhaps somehow they could bounce back from the bottom, but atm i don't see myself playing the game, mainly because most of my friends that played this game moved to other MMOs and don't plan to come back to Wildstar
    Personally I think it should have been F2P with cash shop from the start or B2P. With optional sub of course. Who's gonna pay a monthly fee for the mess it was on launch?

Amazon's mmo will fail, Amazon is too big for their own good they have no idea how to develop a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmkyungri View Post
    Amazon's mmo will fail, Amazon is too big for their own good they have no idea how to develop a game.
    Thats why they hired ppl who know how to make a game, more or less

7+ Year Old Account
    What does that have to do with Wildstar?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    What does that have to do with Wildstar?
    someone posted about it in here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Thats why they hired ppl who know how to make a game, more or less
    except its still amazon and they hired people who knew phones too, remind me when the fire phone is

except its still amazon and they hired people who knew phones too, remind me when the fire phone is
    Well i do not want to start the offtopic, so i will end with...I dont know how the Amazon's future MMO will look or play, so i will not judge at this very moment. Let's wait and see after the release of the game if Your words were prophetic

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Think we just need to accept Wildstar is more or less in maintenance mode, it's a great game for new players! But for those of us who have been here years, not so much. The world, the story, what you see is what you get!
    It's pretty much downhill from there on out then,.

Raiders will quit playing once they get bored and no more sense of progression.
    Socials soon after when guilds and activity decreases.
    Casuals and then game over. unplug.

Think we just need to accept Wildstar is more or less in maintenance mode, it's a great game for new players! But for those of us who have been here years, not so much. The world, the story, what you see is what you get!
    It say's a lot when even someone like you admits this.....

Wildstar sealed its fate the moment they tried to release a broken game and cater to the "Hardcore" Crowd only.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-04-17 at 03:24 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Years? The game hasn't even hit it's 3rd year yet.

It barely lasted before going F2P, there were terrible design and game decisions made during the sub era and there is obviously a cash issue now since the content they are funneling out right now is medium sized at best.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-17 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It say's a lot when even someone like you admits this.....

Wildstar sealed its fate the moment they tried to release a broken game and cater to the "Hardcore" Crowd only.
    Well...in fairness, the game was/ is pretty awesome. It wasn't broken when it launched, it's not broken now except in the sense that it's leaking players left and right and is having difficulty maintaining a stable player base.

The game itself isn't bad, I actually enjoy it a lot, my issue is that there are other games out there that just do the things I like better and once I got to level cap and seeing the main story in Wildstar there's just nothing else i'm interested in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Well...in fairness, the game was/ is pretty awesome. It wasn't broken when it launched, it's not broken now except in the sense that it's leaking players left and right and is having difficulty maintaining a stable player base.

The game itself isn't bad, I actually enjoy it a lot, my issue is that there are other games out there that just do the things I like better and once I got to level cap and seeing the main story in Wildstar there's just nothing else i'm interested in doing.
    It really was though. Bugs everywhere and pisspoor optimization. I had a GTX 660 which struggled in the starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It really was though. Bugs everywhere and pisspoor optimization. I had a GTX 660 which struggled in the starting zone.
    I remember the game had the very typical issues with a launch where people had a shit load of issues in the starting areas due to server load and whatnot....a lot of them...but these were all ironed out within the following days and weeks. I don't remember the game itself being poorly optimized and being broken as you say but then again I was also more pre-occupied with playing because I know my rig handled it just fine aside from the typical launch problems. YMMV obviously as is typical with PC games unfortunately, new MMO's in particular.

I remember the game had the very typical issues with a launch where people had a shit load of issues in the starting areas due to server load and whatnot....a lot of them...but these were all ironed out within the following days and weeks. I don't remember the game itself being poorly optimized and being broken as you say but then again I was also more pre-occupied with playing because I know my rig handled it just fine aside from the typical launch problems. YMMV obviously as is typical with PC games unfortunately, new MMO's in particular.
    When a GTX 660 on medium is running an open zone at 21 FPS there is an issue. I tried it on a friends PC who had at the time a 680 and it was no better. If a games plays like crap for me it's a turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    When a GTX 660 on medium is running an open zone at 21 FPS there is an issue. I tried it on a friends PC who had at the time a 680 and it was no better. If a games plays like crap for me it's a turn off.
    Fair point, but when was this happening? at launch? when the zone was filled with a bazillion people? I know performance suffers in any game when a lot is going on on-screen and it's a combination of CPS and GPU bottlenecks. Higher number of people requires more CPU power to sort through it all and the GPU has a tough time actually rendering all of that at the same time, even more-so if there's a ton of particle effects from abilities and whatnot. You see the same thing now even on some rigs in raids in WoW.

Regardless, I'm sorry your experience wasn't great. I had a great time with my time in WildStar, it just couldn't hold my attention past the level cap.

Fair point, but when was this happening? at launch? when the zone was filled with a bazillion people? I know performance suffers in any game when a lot is going on on-screen and it's a combination of CPS and GPU bottlenecks. Higher number of people requires more CPU power to sort through it all and the GPU has a tough time actually rendering all of that at the same time, even more-so if there's a ton of particle effects from abilities and whatnot. You see the same thing now even on some rigs in raids in WoW.

Regardless, I'm sorry your experience wasn't great. I had a great time with my time in WildStar, it just couldn't hold my attention past the level cap.
    It wasn't a bad experience per se. It just wasn't one of the greatest I had. And this is coming from someone who was there for a load of xpac and MMO launches.

The performance issues were happening a while after launch too. I went to my housing plot which was wide open and was struggling to hit 60. The 660 while 2 years old was still a fairly new card at the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had a great time with my time in WildStar, it just couldn't hold my attention past the level cap.
    This was my experience as well. Loved the game until it came time to depend on groups of other people to grind for hours upon hours in the end game. Had a few guilds dissolve before anything decent was accomplished, and I left Wildstar behind for other things.

On the performance front, outside of the moments with *tons* of people being collected in a tiny area, I didn't actually have any issues. I was running an HD7870 and an i7-2600 at the time.
    Last edited by Sheevah; 2017-04-17 at 04:56 PM.

As I said wasn't a full on terrible experience. Just I've had better from MMO launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or wildstar has way to many quests (started at Farside now). I had to abandon 1 quest in whitewale (one that you need to fix robots, since it was broken).

Better marrige than the one in warcraft at least: (wildhammer one)
    http://shrani.si/f/3k/2O/4ebDWqXZ/lookewe323.png
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Is it just me or wildstar has way to many quests (started at Farside now). I had to abandon 1 quest in whitewale (one that you need to fix robots, since it was broken).

Better marrige than the one in warcraft at least: (wildhammer one)
    http://shrani.si/f/3k/2O/4ebDWqXZ/lookewe323.png
    If you're including tasks, yes. The way that whole deal was handled in general was a disaster. It's a strange game that actually punishes you with reduced experience for doing the side-quest content it presents you.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If you're including tasks, yes. The way that whole deal was handled in general was a disaster. It's a strange game that actually punishes you with reduced experience for doing the side-quest content it presents you.
    Never understood that myself. "Yeah feel free to do side quest content and enjoy your XP being reduced for it." Really awful system if you ask me.