Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    And when he's done that don't forget to subtract all the refugee costs that Italy now needs support from the EU from to handle and the negative effects it has on trade and tourism in the south.

Some people on these forums think if you aren't allowed to speak negatively about anyone else you're just "hating", downright stupid.
    Italy's problems are mostly from Libya. That was an Anglo-French idea. We were just the muscle.

I think they do a great job.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Irak, another issue. USA first supported Iran in its war against Irak when Irak was attacking Kuweit. Then, when they lost power in Iran, they supported Irak against Iran. And eventually, they decided there's weapons of mass destruction in Irak and attacked it. And there were not. And due to the mess created, ISIS/Daesh rose. And we're still dealing with that.
    That sounds different from my vague recollections on the matter

I would have thought Kuwait one of the money lenders backing Iraq in the Iraq-Iran war

I would have thought the Iraq attack on Kuwait later than the Iraq-Iran war by a decade

I would have thought the resolution of the Kuwait attack was american intervention (and a needed one at that) to free Kuwait.

I would have thought the Iraq War followed threats from george bush, bill clinton, george bush to intervene if proof was not given that weapons of mass destruction were no longer in his possession

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, he is 100% right.
    Flaming him won't change anything about it, but I guess that's the US' go-to tactic when someone criticizes their country.
    That and "But how about WW2!!!"

"While it is difficult to determine exactly how many Natives lived in North America before Columbus,[6] estimates range from a low of 2.1 million[7] to 7 million[8] people to a high of 18 million[9]"

Yeah, remember that time we attacked the Middle East because our daddy lost a war there and we wanted payback?
    And remember that other time we attacked the Middle East..
    Or that time we placed this dictator in..

Oh wait, that was all you?
    Are you going to try to tell me that every Native American killed in the New World was killed by the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    People living in territories don't pay federal taxes. Sure, they don't have representation either, but this is easily remedied by simply moving to the mainland US, which many have chosen to do, and enjoy the full privileges of US citizenship. How many subjects of the British Empire were able to do that?
    Those who lived in the American colonies for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about?
    He claimed there weren't even 6 million native Americans.
    So I posted the estimate.
    Presumably continental US would mean what are the US's borders today. I imagine your numbers include the empires in Mexico such as the Aztec
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

If you want a comparison you can always get off that lazy.

But I did, I did. And only two European countries at that. Not all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Interesting, considering European major powers built colonies there in the first place and started the genocide.
    Europeans are good at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    if you didnt notice mate, its also 70% of the eu mugs who are having a go at americans, i come from uk and i got no issue with the america like some of these people do.

its the goverments and the elites that people should be hating, not the america itself.
    It's a maturity factor, or lack there of it.

What are you talking about?
    He claimed there weren't even 6 million native Americans.
    So I posted the estimate.
    *nods*
    Difficult to get any accuracy but I tend to highball it myself, accounting for Mexico in the south, to the ice-covered far north regions.

Still, over 60 million people were killed in WWII, (6 million Jews were systematically slaughtered in the Holocaust, along with 6 million other nationality/ethnic groups)

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

"While it is difficult to determine exactly how many Natives lived in North America before Columbus,[6] estimates range from a low of 2.1 million[7] to 7 million[8] people to a high of 18 million[9]"
    The estimates I was referring to was for the Continental US. , and if you check my post, I mentioned it was the Continental US. which ranges from 1 - 5 million. Your 7 - 18 million estimate would be counting Mexico, Central America and Canada. The one estimate made by a person ( the 1 million ) was done by visiting several tribes and estimating the birth rate and the amount of natural means to sustain a human population in those areas. Granted it is still a estimate and could be off. But I feel confident it was under 6 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Are you going to try to tell me that every Native American killed in the New World was killed by the US?
    To be fair, we Americans did kill a lot of natives. But the use of the word "every" was extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supermage View Post
    To be fair, we Americans did kill a lot of natives. But the use of the word "every" was extreme.
    Through warfare I doubt the number of Indians killed by the US/while we were still colonies, was over a quarter million..... and that's on the extreme high end I'd bet, lots of deaths due to disease though

Here's how I see it.

Many parts of the world are very reliant on their alliance with the US to keep the peace. Japan and South Korea, for example, would have some far more serious issues with North Korea if it wasn't for the US threat. Who knows what China and Russia would do if it wasn't for the US.

The fact is that the US has the most powerful military in the world. Between our technology and sheer size of our military, it's the most powerful by quite a margin. The world should be glad that it is the US that has the most powerful military because for the most part we seem to be doing the right thing with it. Are we perfect? No. But it's not like we're trying to conquer other countries. All we really do is try to keep the peace.

IMO our allies should be grateful that we're taking on this burden considering no one else really wants to.

OP, the problem is with the millions of dead that USA has left behind in the middle east. I'd say that UN should be the world police and not one nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Most modern issues are caused by what the US did in the last few decades, don't try to bring up shit thats more than a 100 years old, its pointless, we have no control over the past.
    Meanwhile the US shows zero remorse for anything it did.

It really shows how 'murica stronk and can do no bad' is ingrained in American culture, when even the most left wing Americans here on this forum support American imperialism.
    What the fuck do you even mean when you say you have no control over the past so don't bring it up? "Oh so europe conqured and fucked up this region and pulled out totally fucking up the area leaving it way worse than it was which contributed to today's state of things but just ignore that because it's the past!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The greatest crisis Europe has faced in decades is the direct fault of the US as well.
    Really, that's mighty unfair considering it was YOUR elected leaders that decided to handle the migrant crisis in the way that they did with open gates. Don't blame us for your leaders handling a shitty situation in a shitty manner. No one except for Europe is the only place where they're having these issues with the migrant crisis because unlike Europe we had sensible leaders that realized we couldn't just let millions of people flood into our countries without a pre-existing system to help manage the flow of migrants and naturalize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Yeah, double the US population, and 44 nations. Which european country do you think sits above the US as the most warmongering nation, then?
    "You guys have been in wars"

So...the world being under our hegemony has led to less war and less deaths than there ever has been while Europe on the other hand was busy fucking up the world with us helping them. Now it's just cleaning up mostly their and some of our own mess along the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    OP, the problem is with the millions of dead that USA has left behind in the middle east. I'd say that UN should be the world police and not one nation.

We are the best Nation to have a hegemony under... the UN you mean with Russia and China? pfft please... I rather America be the dominate power in the world. Frankly if it was some European nation with our power I feel they would have tried to expand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "You guys have been in wars"

So...the world being under our hegemony has led to less war and less deaths than there ever has been while Europe on the other hand was busy fucking up the world with us helping them. Now it's just cleaning up mostly their and some of our own mess along the way.

- - - Updated - - -

We are the best Nation to have a hegemony under... the UN you mean with Russia and China? pfft please... I rather America be the dominate power in the world. Frankly if it was some European nation with our power I feel they would have tried to expand.
    I mean..... its not like thats unheard of

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The only major problem in the middle east I can think of that we had a major part in was Iran... which was mainly a British endevour.
    How about the existence of Israel which was mainly established as a response to the Holocaust? That's not Europe's fault? How convenient.

P.S.
    I feel like I should make this clear, I'm not pro-Israel or pro-Palestine, but I do recognize the existence of Israel in the middle east as an immense agitating factor in the region.

The World in a nutshell
    Evil Dictator killing citizens and the US does something to stop them - "Evil warmongering Americans!"
    Evil Dictator killing citizens and the US does nothing to stop them - "Why want America do something about this!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    How about the existence of Israel which was mainly established as a response to the Holocaust? That's not Europe's fault? How convenient.

P.S.
    I feel like I should make this clear, I'm not pro-Israel or pro-Palestine, but I do recognize the existence of Israel in the middle east as an immense agitating factor in the region.
    I didn't say it wasn't Europes fault. It's there now and we back them, not much that can be done about that. We need allies in the middle east and the Kurds are too fractured.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait wait wait. No one except Europe?
    You mean: "No one except the only place that actually borders the area"?
    It's not like they have anywhere to run.
    But yes, Australia and the US really handled the refugee crisis well!

Now they just need to handle their own education well and we perhaps we'll be spared from posts like yours.

You mean the world after the creation of the EU? That's what stopped wars here.

At the moment it's just the US increasing its own mess like a bunch of kids playing around in mud.
    Serioulsy? So you mean redrawing maps which led to wars in the middle east, which the Europeans did, which led to radacalization over time, was all our fault too? I mean the issues we are dealing with stem directly from the actions of European nations.