Mythic raiding is not for everyone and that's okay

WoW has many different aspects to appeal to different people. Some people like collecting achievements, others find it to be "filler content". That's okay, collecting achievements is not intended for the latter group of people.

Some people like playing battlegrounds, others find them too messy / uncoordinated. That's okay, some people find messy, chaotic fights appealing and others don't.

Some people like dungeon crawling and m+, others enjoy playing with bigger groups of people. That's okay, different kinds of content appeal to different kinds of people.

Some people like playing the AH and earning $$$, others consider gold to be worthless. That's okay, playing WoW as an economy simulator is a valid playstyle but so is ignoring that aspect of the game.

Some people like raiding LFR / Normal / Heroic because they like tackling challenges with a large group of people / getting epic rewards. Suddenly that's not okay because people who don't raid Mythic are "skr00bs".

What the hell is going on with this community? There's nothing inherently more prestigious about raiding Mythic than there is about other aspects of the game. People raid Mythic because they enjoy tackling the most challenging content this game has to offer and getting the best rewards (questionable as of lately) with an organized group of people. Just because someone for whatever reason doesn't enjoy Mythic doesn't mean that they are a "skr00b" or that their opinion regarding game design is invalid. You can be a skilled player and not enjoy Mythic for a variety of reasons.

Why do people insist on elevating Mythic raiding to some kind of a pedestal and belittling people who don't do it when it's just another aspect of a game that supports a wide variety of valid playstyles?
    Last edited by Wilfire; 2017-04-17 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    WoW has many different aspects to appeal to different people. Some people like collecting achievements, others find it to be "filler content". That's okay, collecting achievements is not intended for the latter group of people.

Some people like playing battlegrounds, others find them too messy / uncoordinated. That's okay, some people find messy, chaotic fights appealing and others don't.

Some people like dungeon crawling and m+, others enjoy playing with bigger groups of people. That's okay, different kinds of content appeal to different kinds of people.

Some people like playing the AH and earning $$$, others consider gold to be worthless. That's okay, playing WoW as an economy simulator is a valid playstyle but so is ignoring that aspect of the game.

Some people like raiding LFR / Normal / Heroic because they like tackling challenges with a large group of people / getting epic rewards. Suddenly that's not okay because people who don't raid Mythic are "skr00bs".

What the hell is going on with this community? There's nothing inherently more prestigious about raiding Mythic than there is about other aspects of the game. People raid Mythic because they enjoy tackling the most challenging content this game has to offer and getting the best rewards (questionable as of lately) with an organized group of people. Just because someone for whatever reason doesn't enjoy Mythic doesn't mean that they are a "skr00b" or that their opinion regarding game design is invalid. You can be a skilled player and not enjoy Mythic for a variety of reasons.

Why do people insist on elevating Mythic raiding to some kind of a pedestal and belittling people who don't do it when it's just another aspect of a game that supports a wide variety of valid playstyles?
    TLDR:

WoW isnt for anyone, everyone has different tastes
    One of the tastes is PVP
    One of other tastes is Mythic+
    People like playing AH for Gold
    LFR/Normal/HC is fine for raiding, but there is an assumption not raiding Mythic raids = noob
    Some rant regarding WoW community that assume not raiding Mythic = noob

Depends how you view things.

The problem is that "raiding" term is used way too loosely now, just because you press "Convert to raid" does not make it raid content.

I dont bother to raid Mythic cause i grew up and cant be bothered dealing with drama that eventually appears in any sort or form in guilds full of 18-22 year olds tryharding, it has nothing to do with skill or time, i have both, i just dont have the patience needed to dedicate myself into a Mythic guild.

There will always be some delusional kid that does 1% DPS more than the rest while target switching less or avoiding tactics as much as possible.

There will be always be some "veteran" or "friend" that should not be in this type of raiding, hindering the whole guild.

Etc etc etc, CANT BE BOTHERED, i bothered when i was 17-22 up to WoTLK.

Therefor i raid HC casually or whenever i feel like i want something done fast i simply pug it for a few hours get my curve and go to play PoE/Dota/CS/D3 and single player games, doesnt mean i consider it as an achievement or "raiding".

Mythic is how the actual raid should be, the other difficulties should not exist, that is the difference.

They only exist as a business model and a very good one at that.

Its just that WoW, is not a MMORPG anymore, its an ARPG, Action RPG, items from everywhere but still hard to get everything you actually need unless you do everything in the game at the appropriate difficulty.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-17 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Depends how you view things.

The problem is that "raiding" term is used way too loosely now.

I dont bother to raid Mythic cause i grew up and cant be bothered dealing with drama that eventually appears in any sort or form in guilds full of 18-22 year olds tryharding.

Therefor i raid HC casually or whenever i feel like i want something done fast i simply pug it for a few hours get my curve and go to play PoE/Dota/CS/D3 and single player games, doesnt mean i consider it as an achievement or "raiding".

Mythic is how the actual raid should be, the other difficulties should exist, that is the difference.
    Due to pugs, I hardly ever raided with a Guild in Legion. Strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic is how the actual raid should be, the other difficulties should not exist, that is the difference.
    Why ?

If someone who is only doing LFR is telling me that "Class X is shit and needs a buff" even though Class X is just fine, then of course I am going to dismiss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirrah View Post
    Due to pugs, I hardly ever raided with a Guild in Legion. Strange.
    Wasnt done but yes, everyone can pug stuff because as i said when i edited, its not a MMORPG anymore, its an ARPG, items all over the place, get them for free!

Deleted
    It's the other way around, but OK, I'll let you explain. Go ahead. We're all listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why ?
    Wasnt done editing

The other raids exist as a business model to keep people entertained, but they cause what we see now, saturation of gear, problems with gear scaling and all sort of shit problems ever since they started it.

Its not exactly a "wrong" or "bad thing" that LFR/Normal/HC exist, but its also not a RPG element.

Its a successful business model.

Deleted
    Wasnt done but yes, everyone can pug stuff because as i said when i edited, its not a MMORPG anymore, its an ARPG, items all over the place, get them for free!
    Difference is, in Legion, the success of downing bosses is way more higher than any expansion, dunno, if its the gearing system or easier mechanics ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirrah View Post
    Difference is, in Legion, the success of downing bosses is way more higher than any expansion, dunno, if its the gearing system or easier mechanics ?
    Its the Titanforged combination with how easy EN was and how easy Normal NH is cause of Titanforged, i mean if set bonuses didnt exist and AP didnt exist 90% wouldnt event bother entering Normal unless for a trinket drop as they did with normal EN.

Same as no one bothered entering Normal raid in WoD/MoP if they had 4 set, only targeting the trinket boss.

Its the same reasoning why so many guilds are stuck in NH Mythic compared to Mythic EN.