Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SignalBlitzkrieg View Post
    Women can rape too.
    Sigh, I knew someone was going to say that.

Do you honestly think they were women that raped him? Context matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Is that not Melbourne, Australia?
    Yeah but I am not born here. I've been here for around a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rox the sox View Post
    Yeah but I am not born here. I've been here for around a year.
    He is the fourth most famous Australian man, after Don Bradman, Crocodile Dundee and Rolf Harris.

He is the fourth most famous Australian man, after Don Bradman, Crocodile Dundee and Rolf Harris.
    I've only heard about crocodile dundee out of those and that only because a guy at uni pretty much forced me to watch it with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Blashemy laws ugh..
    @Endus

Is there anything we can say about this topic without it being "Religion bashing"
    Pretty easy. Talk about the individuals/group that did this, and don't pretend that the religion as a whole endorses this kind of thing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Who's Don Bradman? And isn't Murdoch an Aussie?

ED: Wow, wish I'd heard of Sir Don Bradman before what a legend!
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2017-04-17 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The article said his university was the source of many of the rumors. Why is a university spreading rumors about one of their own students?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You forgot Steve Irwin

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Who's Don Bradman?
    Sir Donald "Don" Bradman (Australians tend to lack imagination when it comes to nicknames) is their greatest sporting hero.

And isn't Murdoch an Aussie?
    I think they have disowned him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    You forgot Steve Irwin
    He came fifth in my poll, Les Patterson came sixth.

The most famous Australian women were Kylie, Dame Edna Everage, Dame Nellie Melba, Kylie's sister and Mrs Mangel.

He came fifth in my poll, Les Patterson came sixth.

The most famous Australian women were Kylie, Dame Edna Everage, Dame Nellie Melba, Kylie's sister and Mrs Mangel.
    Mrs Mangel surely you meant "Madge Bishop"

And yeah, I looked up Sir Don
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Middle East is such a fucking shit stain.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Raped & Quartered is kinda my thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Mrs Mangel surely you meant "Madge Bishop"

And yeah, I looked up Sir Don
    She came seventh, after that actress who used to be married to Tom Cruise. Really famous, but I have forgotten her name. Ginger. She might be from New Zealand.

She came seventh, after that actress who used to be married to Tom Cruise. Really famous, but I have forgotten her name. Ginger. She might be from New Zealand.
    Nicole Kidman? Did she marry Cruise at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    https://www.parhlo.com/student-from-...-for-blasphemy

Seeing that thousands marched screaming Allah akbar and then absolutely slaughtered this young student one would think behaviour like this is socially acceptable in Pakistan. What can we do to make sure things like this don't happen in Europe. And how can we help homosexuals in countries like this to escape prosecution?

I won't add the video since it will make the thread instantly locked but it's not to hard to find on the web.

His last tweet reads:
    "If you are black or you are brown or you are gay or you are lesbian or you are Trans or you are Introvert , Anyone that is treating you unkindly , It's only because they are afraid or they have been taught to be afraid of how important you are.
    because being different means you make a difference. so f*** em...."

Thanks @Potentio for the tweet
    Holy shit that was disturbing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Monoculturalism means that we absorb immigrant cultures into the dominant culture and they just add a gloss to it, that is how cultures evolve.
    monoculturalism (plural monoculturalisms)

The practice of actively preserving a culture to the exclusion of external influences.

Multiculturalism is keeping those cultures separate.
    multiculturalism (countable and uncountable, plural multiculturalisms)

The characteristics of a society, city etc. which has many different ethnic or national cultures mingling freely; political or social policies which support or encourage such coexistence.

It is basically about fitting in and the onus is on those joining to fit in, not on the natives to change their ways to accommodate those coming in.
    agreed

If you want to live in the West, then accept you need to become Westernised and if you do not want to do that, then do not come.
    somewhat agree, depends on what you mean by become westernised.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Pakistan moved to the Middle East? Did an asteroid crash on earth and I missed it or something?
    I was thinking this but to be fair if you look at a map, it's basically the Eastern edge of the middle east.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Pakistan moved to the Middle East? Did an asteroid crash on earth and I missed it or something?
    Geography is a subject that is woefully neglected in American public schooling.

I mean hell, 30% of Republicans/41% of Trump voters want to bomb Agrabah, a fictional city from a Disney movie.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    monoculturalism (plural monoculturalisms)

The practice of actively preserving a culture to the exclusion of external influences.
    No need for it to be exclusionary, the examples given in that definition are not exclusionary, e.g. Japan is influenced by Western dress as shown by the wearing of business suits, which originated in British culture.

Monoculturalism
    noun
    The policy or process of supporting, advocating, or allowing the expression of the culture of a single social or ethnic group.

multiculturalism (countable and uncountable, plural multiculturalisms)

The characteristics of a society, city etc. which has many different ethnic or national cultures mingling freely; political or social policies which support or encourage such coexistence.
    Mingling freely is the part that does not really work as intended.

somewhat agree, depends on what you mean by become westernised.
    Dropping cultural practices that are not tolerated in the West, such as calling for a theocracy to replace our secular legal systems and honour killings.