Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Before we ever even fought the Lich King we killed a Constellar, which are supposed to be extremely powerful (given they were allies of the titans, and said titans used them to protect and watch over the various planets/potential titans). Hell, it was the death knell of a Constellar that drew Aggramar away from Draenor and across the universe to his death at the hands of Sargeras.
    We fought a constellar until we proved our resolve, but we quite definitely did NOT kill him.

Maltheal, Diablo crossover confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    We fought a constellar until we proved our resolved, but we quite definitely did NOT kill him.
    We didn't kill him, but we did kick his ass....

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    To be fair. David as he said. Yes lei shen 1v1 is stronger. But if it was a war. Lich king would win. Because of his tactics and his armies. And each enemy that falls is another unit for him
    Hence why I wrote 1v1 in my post.

there doesn't seem to be an overarching ruler of most of the powers. arcane, fel, the elements. none of these have all-powerful leaders. minor rulers and lords pop up from the strongest of the elementals, but that's it. they're not deities.

i think elune and the void lords are as close to gods as it comes, and even the void lords aren't actually as powerful as titans, which are just really strong beings.

so, there might be super huge and powerful versions of revenants in the shadowlands, but i don't think there's some deity there.

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    How does Lei Shen beat LK? Again, Lei Shen is dead, LK is not. And there is no canon to prove Lei Shen could beat LK. LK is WAY more powerful than the game shows him to be.

And if you do remember, we technically didn't beat LK, he literally killed us. It took a miracle from the Light to free Tirion so he could break Frostmourne. Only then did we stop Arthas. He killed us first.
    Yeah, we kind of did? Arthas was the Lich king, the Ner'zhul LK died as well. The LK's helm of Glory remained. Bolvar is the new LK!

Besides, that was back in the day. We weren't even close to the power we have now. As of now, We'd rape the LK, as we're equals to Kil'jaeden...

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    How does Lei Shen beat LK? Again, Lei Shen is dead, LK is not. And there is no canon to prove Lei Shen could beat LK. LK is WAY more powerful than the game shows him to be.

And if you do remember, we technically didn't beat LK, he literally killed us. It took a miracle from the Light to free Tirion so he could break Frostmourne. Only then did we stop Arthas. He killed us first.
    frost dk artifact lore says that the battle with the lich king was mostly a 1v1 duel between tirion and arthas.

if tirion could duel arthas 1v1, he's not beating lei shen. lei shen was stronger than xuen, xuen's an ancient, probably around goldrinn's power.

also, the 5% damage boost trait on ashbringer confirms that the highlord is stronger than tirion. so we're stronger than the lich king now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Actually, there are Leaders to those "Cosmic" Powers...

That's why we have Blizzard....
    there are none.

the cosmic powers are just that, powers.
    energy, magic.

there are beings born of it, controlling it, and representing its purest form.
    such as titans for the arcane, naaru for the light, void lords for the void, demons for fel, etc.

simply beings associated with each power, nothing more nothing less.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-04-17 at 07:49 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Syncroniam View Post
    For Light its the Prime Naarus, Shadow is the Void Lords, Life is Elune, Order is Aman'thul and Disorder is Sargeras, but for that Death thing we dont know.
    Those are all just entities associated with the various aspects. Not their "leaders", of which there are none. Elune isn't even associated with Life, and Sargeras was originally an Order-aligned Titan like Aman'thul

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    there are none.

the cosmic powers are just that, powers.
    energy, magic.

there are beings born of it, controlling it, and representing its purest form.
    such as titans for the arcane, naaru for the light, void lords for the void, demons for fel, etc.

simply beings associated with each power, nothing more nothing less.
    I don't think you got the joke....

Blizzard is the Cosmic leader.

They can just either Retcon a Cosmic power, or completely erase its existence...

Just to piss on people's parade. Arthas most likely isn't coming back. He is buried. Source: Chris Metzen's mouth in Blizzcon 2011.
    The new Lich King is Bolvar and no the Lich King is not dead. He is live and kicking, there will always bee a Lich King and has been quite content in being in contact during this current expansion.
    He was the regent of Stormwind and for better reminder, the guy who was burnt to a crisp by the Wrathgate incident then chained up like Arthas' play thing during the encounter of the Lich King.
    He became the new Lich King once he donned the helm instead of Tirion Fordring when he was alive. He rules the Scourge for now, placed them in sleep-stance and has been sending you as the Deathlord to do his bidding oh so persuasively. As for the leader of the Undead I find it odd that he wasn't placed on the chart but that could be anything.

However, I do find that the Spirit Healers placed there is quite suspicious really. We don't know much of the Spirit Healers and the only one that was outwardly acknowledged was in Azshara when a blue dragon was quite friendly with her. Spirit Healers have now been made to be sisters with the Val'kyr who are within the realms of Shadowlands and might explain as to why they can push us back into the living as much as Val'kyr can raise the Forsaken.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-04-17 at 09:11 PM.

There is no ruler of the Shadowlands any more than there's any one ruler of the Emerald Dream. The Wild Gods are a big deal there, but there's no one who has ever claimed to lead it. Note on the diagram that the Emerald Dream is the closest thing on there too the Shadowlands, both being realities parallel to our own.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we consider how Blizzard usually handles these things, it'll likely be wow's version of Hades. Only difference would probably be they aren't actively seeking to conquer/control everything as they already "win" when someone dies and if there was an expansion actually exploring death in WoW it'd probably feature the player trying to help death from being corrupted/subjugated by some other party.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

There is no ruler of the Shadowlands any more than there's any one ruler of the Emerald Dream. The Wild Gods are a big deal there, but there's no one who has ever claimed to lead it. Note on the diagram that the Emerald Dream is the closest thing on there too the Shadowlands, both being realities parallel to our own.

Also lol at anyone claiming arthas is stronger than Lei Shen. Arthas died when we broke his sword, Lei Shen died when he was essentially nuked from orbit.

It's literally written on the graph... look at the inner-most circle:

for Light, Naaru || for Shadow, Old Gods

for Order, Titans || for Disorder, Burning Legion

for Life, Wild Gods ||for Death, Undead

the world "ruler" is overstatement tho, we only know that Void Lords truly rule the Void. Old Gods and Naaru are rather most "pure" manifestations of corresponding primal forces that we can encounter in physical realm.

Similarly, Order cannot have a "ruler", same as Disorder. Titans are just most powerful force that tries to shape the world into some Order, while Burning Legion works exactly in opposite direction, thus Disorder.

Wild Gods are beings closest to the "essence" of life that you can find. Following that logics, it will be Lich King that represents Death in physical realm (Undead, God of Undeath), and when you look at him it kind of fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

No character controlled the realm of the dead. What we saw were characters that were able to prevent living beings from naturally going from the realm of the living into the realm of the dead(regardless whether it is the place where the good ones or the bad ones go, if there is even such a division of the afterlife in WoW - even though it would be hard to imagine that evil and good characters end up with the same fate) by having them stuck in the limbo that undeath represents.

Raising undead or keeping spirits captured doesn't make you the ruler of the realm of the dead. It simply allows you to prevent the natural transition.

This question is answered in Stormheim.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be Yogg-Saron? Quote from Ulduar encounter - "I am the lucid dream, the monster in your nightmares, the Fiend of a Thousand Faces, Cower before my true form! BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH!! MADNESS WILL CONSUME YOU!!"

There's also a lot more on the WoWWiki for Yogg-Saron that would support this. He is the Old God of Death. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Yogg-Saron

Edit: Reading OP's original post, I guess Yogg-Saron would be in the same boat as your speculation with the Lich King, as he would be the God of Death only for Azeroth; but for the Universe...I believe it's unknown.
    Last edited by Vorality; 2017-04-19 at 08:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Wouldn't it be Yogg-Saron? Quote from Ulduar encounter - "I am the lucid dream, the monster in your nightmares, the Fiend of a Thousand Faces, Cower before my true form! BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH!! MADNESS WILL CONSUME YOU!!"

There's also a lot more on the WoWWiki for Yogg-Saron that would support this. He is the Old God of Death. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Yogg-Saron

Edit: Reading OP's original post, I guess Yogg-Saron would be in the same boat as your speculation with the Lich King, as he would be the God of Death only for Azeroth; but for the Universe...I believe it's unknown.
    Wowpedia is prefered

Helya was.... she is dead now and we just got a story about Sylvanas' right hand.

Gee I wonder why that would be