Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Geography is a subject that is woefully neglected in American public schooling.

I mean hell, 30% of Republicans/41% of Trump voters want to bomb Agrabah, a fictional city from a Disney movie.
    To be fair, it's a city with "ghosts" and talking animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does Central Asia not exist anymore? I guess we are redefining the borders to fit whatever narrative we want?
    And I would argue that central asia has on its Western border, the countries Pakistan, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan...

Do these things have to be specifically defined? Can you not be both in the middle east and in central asia.

Is Burma central Asia or far East? Because if its central asia, then why isn't Pakistan, and if its far east then there isn't really a central asia there's just "India + Nepal"

I dunno just spitballing I'm not a geographer or cartographer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    https://www.parhlo.com/student-from-...-for-blasphemy

Seeing that thousands marched screaming Allah akbar and then absolutely slaughtered this young student one would think behaviour like this is socially acceptable in Pakistan. What can we do to make sure things like this don't happen in Europe. And how can we help homosexuals in countries like this to escape prosecution?

I won't add the video since it will make the thread instantly locked but it's not to hard to find on the web.

His last tweet reads:
    "If you are black or you are brown or you are gay or you are lesbian or you are Trans or you are Introvert , Anyone that is treating you unkindly , It's only because they are afraid or they have been taught to be afraid of how important you are.
    because being different means you make a difference. so f*** em...."

Thanks @Potentio for the tweet
    Wait... he's gay so they think he's a blasphemer so they...raped him?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No need for it to be exclusionary, the examples given in that definition are not exclusionary, e.g. Japan is influenced by Western dress as shown by the wearing of business suits, which originated in British culture.

Monoculturalism
    noun
    The policy or process of supporting, advocating, or allowing the expression of the culture of a single social or ethnic group.
    Well it's part of its defintion. Even the one you use is obviously exclusionary as it allows the expression of only a single social or ethnic group.

Mingling freely is the part that does not really work as intended.
    Yes it does. People chose themselves what parts they want to implement or ignore, that is mingling freely. As long as cultural practices don't break any laws it's fine.

Dropping cultural practices that are not tolerated in the West, such as calling for a theocracy to replace our secular legal systems and honour killings.
    Even some groups that are predominantly from western countries call for that, they just use different words. Take a look at the US for example and how much God and Religion plays a part in their policies. I do agree that these cultural practices should be dropped, but to say they aren't happening in western countries as well is far from reality.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    https://www.parhlo.com/student-from-...-for-blasphemy

Seeing that thousands marched screaming Allah akbar and then absolutely slaughtered this young student one would think behaviour like this is socially acceptable in Pakistan. What can we do to make sure things like this don't happen in Europe. And how can we help homosexuals in countries like this to escape prosecution?

I won't add the video since it will make the thread instantly locked but it's not to hard to find on the web.

His last tweet reads:
    "If you are black or you are brown or you are gay or you are lesbian or you are Trans or you are Introvert , Anyone that is treating you unkindly , It's only because they are afraid or they have been taught to be afraid of how important you are.
    because being different means you make a difference. so f*** em...."

Thanks @Potentio for the tweet
    Such nice people, those Middle Easterners. I can't imagine why anyone would want to vet them, or keep them out.

I look at it like this: If I can't walk down the street of a country, and not be attacked based on my appearance, then I don't want anyone from that country in mine. It seems like a very simple standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Such nice people, those Middle Easterners. I can't imagine why anyone would want to vet them, or keep them out.

I look at it like this: If I can't walk down the street of a country, and not be attacked based on my appearance, then I don't want anyone from that country in mine. It seems like a very simple standard.
    Wait, so you don't want any americans in america because of the actions of some americans who attacked transgender people because of their appearance?

Hu.

15+ Year Old Account
    Geography is a subject that is woefully neglected in American public schooling.

I mean hell, 30% of Republicans/41% of Trump voters want to bomb Agrabah, a fictional city from a Disney movie.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...abah-(Aladdin)

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Wait, so you don't want any americans in america because of the actions of some americans who attacked transgender people because of their appearance?

Hu.
    There is nowhere in American where a mob would attack you for your appearance, while just walking down the street. That is not something you can say about many other nations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty easy. Talk about the individuals/group that did this, and don't pretend that the religion as a whole endorses this kind of thing.
    Except it does..

I could dig up plenty of evidence but that kinda of thing gets people infracted here..

15+ Year Old Account
    There is nowhere in American where a mob would attack you for your appearance, while just walking down the street. That is not true in many other nations.
    Ah, so a few people attacking others for their appearance is ok, but a mob doing it is not ok, gotcha. You might want to edit your other post since it isn't clear that you meant mobs.

Pretty easy. Talk about the individuals/group that did this, and don't pretend that the religion as a whole endorses this kind of thing.
    The people who do not, are a minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's part of its defintion. Even the one you use is obviously exclusionary as it allows the expression of only a single social or ethnic group.
    Not really. British culture up until a century ago was just as much of a monoculture as Japan is now, yet tea is a part of British culture and an outside influence. The dominant culture does not need to reject any outside influences for it to be regarded as a monoculture, otherwise it precludes monocultures from evolving.

Yes it does. People chose themselves what parts they want to implement or ignore, that is mingling freely.
    How are they mingling freely if they are setting up ghettoes in the UK and not mingling?

As long as cultural practices don't break any laws it's fine.
    Fine in Austria maybe, but not for a modern nation like Britain.

Even some groups that are predominantly from western countries call for that, they just use different words. Take a look at the US for example and how much God and Religion plays a part in their policies. I do agree that these cultural practices should be dropped, but to say they aren't happening in western countries as well is far from reality.
    Every group has a few oddballs, 2-3% is okay, 25-35% is not and we have those latter percentages for Muslims wanting our legal system to be replaced by Sharia.

Ah, so a few people attacking others for their appearance is ok, but a mob doing it is not ok, gotcha. You might want to edit your other post since it isn't clear that you meant mobs.
    It's not my fault you can't keep up. /shrug

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    He is the fourth most famous Australian man, after Don Bradman, Crocodile Dundee and Rolf Harris.
    Isn't Rolf Harris currently in jail for doing things with an eight year old and facing another trial in August?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    Isn't Rolf Harris currently in jail for doing things with an eight year old and facing another trial in August?
    I did not say they were Australians you would let babysit, only that they were famous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really. British culture up until a century ago was just as much of a monoculture as Japan is now, yet tea is a part of British culture and an outside influence. The dominant culture does not need to reject any outside influences for it to be regarded as a monoculture, otherwise it precludes monocultures from evolving.
    The point is that monocultures don't evolve. Take it up with the definitions, monocultures reject influence not take out bits here and there.

How are they mingling freely if they are setting up ghettoes in the UK and not mingling?
    Then they aren't, but keep their monoculture. Not a hard concept.

Fine in Austria maybe, but not for a modern nation like Britain.

Every group has a few oddballs, 2-3% is okay, 25-35% is not and we have those latter percentages for Muslims wanting our legal system to be replaced by Sharia.
    So you're ignoring how many republicans there are in the US?

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I did not say they were Australians you would let babysit, only that they were famous.
    Fair enough. He's one of the...four I can name off the top of my head, so...yeah.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not my fault you can't keep up. /shrug
    Keep up with you moving the goal post prior to posting?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nowhere in American where a mob would attack you for your appearance, while just walking down the street. That is not something you can say about many other nations.
    Ehh very debatable. It just rarely gets to point of murder nowadays. And what are calling a mob? A group of more than 5?20?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Or Infamous .

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?