Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    In no country where austerity has been tried, and it has been tried almost everywhere, has it worked, instead it has brought economic pain.

Studies on the effect of immigration shows it either has a positive effect due to having a larger work force, creating more demand in the economy, or a very small negative effect. There is no credible evidence that immigration have any sizeable, negative effect on the economy.
    this is just wrong.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-04-17 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    *sees Kalis and Mayhem are still arguing about Hitler"

*sees GoblinP posting Milton Friedman videos"

*reaches for the G&T*
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    In no country where austerity has been tried, and it has been tried almost everywhere, has it worked, instead it has brought economic pain.

Studies on the effect of immigration shows it either has a positive effect due to having a larger work force, creating more demand in the economy, or a very small negative effect. There is no credible evidence that immigration have any sizeable, negative effect on the economy.
    Because studies done in the US where said immigration comes from mostly highly educated asians is a good example for the rest. In the UK it's obvious the GDP is going to grow with more people, but compare the GDP increase versus the GDP per capita. You also have to account for a lot of things that affect quality of life, which is DECREASING with immigration where the GDP per capita grows far less than the total GDP.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-04-17 at 08:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Because studies done in the US where said immigration comes from mostly highly educated asians is a good example for the rest.
    hmm immigration to the US by continent:

42% from americas, 40% from asia, 10% from africa, 8% from europe...
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Eh what?
    What he means to say is that he should win any discussion held in English because of his english citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    hmm immigration to the US by continent:

42% from americas, 40% from asia, 10% from africa, 8% from europe...
    I hope you realise that a large portion of "from americas" is actually returning US citizens. If we only took the effect on the economy by mexican immigrants the numbers look horrible.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-04-17 at 08:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    I hope you realise that a large portion of "from americas" is actually returning US citizens. If we only took the effect on the economy by mexican immigrants the numbers look horrible.
    Aha no i was not aware of that, where do you get that from?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.