Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    that's the CC mission, what's so hard to understand?
    I'm aware of its origin, but nice job assuming otherwise.

The topic isn't called 'ilvl 900 missions that aren't from the CC giving he same rewards as the 850s did' so I considered it fair game to point out. What's so hard to understand about that?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm aware of its origin, but nice job assuming otherwise.

The topic isn't called 'ilvl 900 missions that aren't from the CC giving he same rewards as the 850s did' so I considered it fair game to point out. What's so hard to understand about that?
    i'm 99% sure that the mission can be done at 850 ilvl and has the same reward at that ilvl as it does at 900.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Well of course, you just went from 25 AK to at least 26 which is 4x as much AP gained
    The base amount of AP still increased. At 850 the main reward you got was usually way less then the bonus reward (often half), at 900 its usually about the same as the bonus - and the bonus didn't change, so the main reward increased independent of AK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The base amount of AP still increased. At 850 the main reward you got was usually way less then the bonus reward (often half), at 900 its usually about the same as the bonus - and the bonus didn't change, so the main reward increased independent of AK.
    It still fills a smaller part of your AP bar than the green ones did before the patch. A step backwards even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - Rep tokens and gold mission all seem to be the same as their 850 counterparts, which is weird considering the rep tokens could just be removed except for Legionfall (because 250 rep towards a 10k Paragon Cache REALLY matters...), and the gold missions could just give slightly more gold (~800-1000 up front, ~2000 for bonus. 850 already gives ~650 up front, 1500 for bonus; dunno why the 900s give the same amounts).

Also when ToS comes out, it's likely it'll require at least 875 iLvl, if not outright 900.
    This is false, as ilvl 900 follower missions award baseline 2 rep tokens (+1 random bonus token) as opposed to 1 (+1 random bonus token) at ilvl 850.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    i'm 99% sure that the mission can be done at 850 ilvl and has the same reward at that ilvl as it does at 900.
    Yup, did it last week on my DH with 840 ilvl followers and got 175% on it, the fact it says 900ilvl doesn't mean much.
    It also awarded 5.1m AP at like AK 27 or 28., checked with a friend on a main toon and he had the same amount of AP rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    It still fills a smaller part of your AP bar than the green ones did before the patch. A step backwards even there.
    Thats just showing how you don't know how AP scaling and AK work. Just wait three weeks without excessively farming AP, and it fills more.

Deleted
    Thats just showing how you don't know how AP scaling and AK work. Just wait three weeks without excessively farming AP, and it fills more.
    ?

It still doesn´t provide a larger increase because AP required for next rank usually goes up at the same pace that AK increases. Seems to be around the 30% range.

So no, higher order hall missions do not yield more AP, relatively speaking. Every trait requires roughly the same amount of time so your earning more AP with each AK is an illusion that keeps you playing.

I don't have much to add except for my own personal experiences.
    At 850, the gold reward missions ranged from around 400-900, with the 1500 bonus. At 900, I am currently hoping the range is the same, as I have yet to see any above 700.
    The AP rewards seem the same to me, as I didn't change my 'follower gold mission farmer' alt's AK at all for the first few weeks, and her AP non-bonus rewards were in the same range at 900 as they were at 850. I really only saw increases as I jumped my AK up.
    I don't even count the CC mission, because at 6.1 million, I can earn that much doing shorter missions depending on the mission length.
    As far as the follower equipment crates, my own personal experience hasn't changed. At 850 with 3 chars, I only saw greens and blues. With all 3 chars' followers at 900 now, I still have yet to get a purple item. Thank goodness for the CC guaranteed legendary item. That means I farmed enough armor tokens to max over 18 followers at 900 without a single purple item from a crate bonus.

This is all anecdotal, of course, but my own experience leaves me disappointed that I rushed to 900, and it should NOT feel that way to anyone. There should be a noticeable improvement, even if it's small, right?
    Last edited by xavierjn; 2017-04-17 at 07:41 PM.

So no, higher order hall missions do not yield more AP, relatively speaking.
    Relatively speaking the 850 missions would provide *even less*, so 900 missions provide more then 850 missions, which is the only thing of relevance to this topic, not if you feel like they provide less now then before. If you hadn't leveled your followers, you would receive even less AP then you do now, so 900 was an upgrade.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-04-17 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    Relatively speaking the 850 missions would provide *even less*, so 900 missions provide more then 850 missions, which is the only thing of relevance to this topic, not if you feel like they provide less now then before. If you hadn't leveled your followers, you would receive even less AP then you do now, so 900 was an upgrade.
    No the only thing that matters is how much one token fills the bar. And now the rare tokens fill a smaller part of your AP bar than previously a green AP token did. This is the only thing that matters. Rest is mere psychology and player manipulation. And they have succeeded with you.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No the only thing that matters is how much one token fills the bar. And now the rare tokens fill a smaller part of your AP bar than previously a green AP token did. This is the only thing that matters. Rest is mere psychology and player manipulation. And they have succeeded with you.
    What matters is the base AP value of an item before any AK multipliers. It's higher from high ilvl missions. It's a fact and it has nothing to do with psychology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    What matters is the base AP value of an item before any AK multipliers. It's higher from high ilvl missions. It's a fact and it has nothing to do with psychology.
    Do you take into account Concordance of Legionfall? Maybe the base value is higher because of that?

It is very important because what matters is how EFFECTIVE the token is. And even if the base value is higher, it does less than it did before. The base value must be put in the context of the new exponential growth in AP trait requirement.

The next trait usually goes up by 30%. And every new AK increases AP gained by 30%. So the base value has nothing to do with how it affects players. They get less out of a blue token than they did out of a green token before the patch.

Some missions give more gold. I have 2 missions today that gave 700 and 900 gold respectively. They were both ilvl 880 and the only difference is the duration.

It is very important because what matters is how EFFECTIVE the token is. And even if the base value is higher, it does less than it did before. The base value must be put in the context of the new exponential growth in AP trait requirement.
    What matters is that if you had 850 followers and I had 900 followers, I would get more then you would. /thread

Deleted
    What matters is that if you had 850 followers and I had 900 followers, I would get more then you would. /thread
    Alright, I´m down with that. But overall we still get LESS out of the Order Hall than before.