Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I finally appreciate the effort that went into making the zones. Before, I would struggle to find the tiny path up that huge mountain, just to get somewhere, and never really noticed how it looked, because I just had to get somewhere as fast as I could. Now that I can see it from a distance and study it, I actually stop and LOOK at the environment and find places I do want to see from other angles, so I fly there. And enjoy it.

Of course, not so much in the forest areas, but Highmountain and Stormheim.... Oh my!
    Didn't make any difference to me before w/o flying, but now that we have it I do the exact same thing, Legion is beautifully designed

Deleted
    Less i think the map are not really made for flying. Would be nice to see more islands in the sky/questing WQ as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Only thing unlocking that achievement did for me was stop me using my random mount button. I had to replace it with a ground mount instead.

Game is better without flying. You actually have to interact with your environment and not just skip it all.
    Oh look, someone that actualy has some self-control and doesnt fly when he doesnt want to.

Many people should learn from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    As soon as I got flying the world disappeared. There is no A to B, there is only A and B.
    Like this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one gives a shit about the landscape in WoW and any pro-flyer who says otherwise is a liar. "I appreciate the detail in the environment and all the trees, bushes, and hidden chests more when I'm hundreds of miles up in the sky". It's all about clearing through the quests as fast as possible so people can get to the end game stuff and raid and then complain that there's nothing to do. People have been spoiled by flying mounts. Once it's taken away from them they cry like a baby without it's bottle. Give it back to them and they are happy again. God forbid if there was any adventure in this game. The world could be a flat barren wasteland and as long as there is flying mounts they wouldn't give a shit. To them it's just point A to point B, farm those raids. and get my phat lewt.

Me, I don't care either way. Flying or no flying, it's not going to affect my gameplay. I just don't care anymore. WoW used to be a game where I could immerse myself deeply into the world but these days the story just got so wacky and out of control that I can't do it anymore no matter how hard I try. So if they decide to go with no flying for the whole expansion? Forever? Fine with me. Flying right from the get-go? Cool. I prefer the game without flying mounts as it adds the feeling of adventure and makes the world feel bigger but obviously it's way too late for that. I'm taking a break from WoW at the moment but when I'm playing I don't worry myself about the whole flying issue. There's flight paths I can use so it's good enough for me
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-04-17 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    No one gives a shit about the landscape in WoW and any pro-flyer who says otherwise is a liar. "I appreciate the detail in the environment and all the trees, bushes, and hidden chests more when I'm hundreds of miles up in the sky". It's all about clearing through the quests as fast as possible so people can get to the end game stuff and raid and then complain that there's nothing to do. People have been spoiled by flying mounts. Once it's taken away from them they cry like a baby without it's bottle. Give it back to them and they are happy again. God forbid if there was any adventure in this game. The world could be a flat barren wasteland and as long as there is flying mounts they wouldn't give a shit. To them it's just point A to point B, farm those raids. and get my phat lewt.

Me, I don't care either way. Flying or no flying, it's not going to affect my gameplay. I just don't care anymore. WoW used to be a game where I could immerse myself deeply into the world but these days the story just got so wacky and out of control that I can't do it anymore no matter how hard I try. So if they decide to go with no flying for the whole expansion? Forever? Fine with me. Flying right from the get-go? Cool. I prefer the game without flying mounts as it adds the feeling of adventure and makes the world feel bigger but obviously it's way too late for that. I'm taking a break from WoW at the moment but when I'm playing I don't worry myself about the whole flying issue. There's flight paths I can use so it's good enough for me
    For someone not giving a shit about flying, you sure sound salty.

yep i'm actually enjoying the game more since i got flying, i can actually care about leveling alts now as ground mount alt leveling got old after a few times around, and i can explore and notice things i didn't while on the ground (for example, i didn't realise you can see Ysera's star sign in val'sharah at night time)

Well, "enjoying the landscape" isn't really what i would call it, (Suramar is pretty from the air though ), by the time you have done all the stuff required to get flying you've seen all the sights already, and that cool path up Highmountain turned from a cool view of the valley below into a curvy pain to navigate months ago, being able to get to the relevant places without aggroing a bushel of easily overpowered (And utterly irrelevant, so basically just annoying) mobs does take a lot of the drudgery out of the equation...

I also discovered a funny questline involving a murloc trying to impress his future in-laws, it's in such a crappy location (A half-flooded area where the borders of Azsuna, Val'Sharah and Suramar meet) that i never came across it before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I'm only saying what I observe on forums and in the game and applying some of my opinions on those observations. Just calling out the bullshit. What I said in my comment is just the reality of what the game is these days. Has nothing to do with me being "salty".

Trust me there are a lot of other things going on in WoW that I get salty about that are way bigger issues than not being able to fly.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-04-17 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Being dazed, PvPed, altered terrain and mobs from having different dailies. None of these are relevant to flying like they are to ground.
    Being dazed = you burn the mob down and that's that, leveling mobs aren't exactly boss-level. The leather Barding already trivialized that "challenging mechanic" though.
    PvPed = Irrelevant on PVE servers, and you still have to land in order to finish objectives on PVP servers. Fact, so gankers still have opportunity to gank should they so desire.
    "Altered terrain"? What does that mean? As far as I know, terrain remains the same...

People already had their routes to run in order to optimize their questing. "Mindless" travel is quite common when people have been through the same areas 1000 times...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That's the case for all the anti-flying people.

His salty ass sure as hell don't speak for me. I always appreciate landscapes where they are to my taste. Legion has some extremely pretty areas. My favourite area is between Azsuna and Val'sharah, with the water and mists. Now that I'm flying, I can finally be free to stop and appreciate areas without always being annoyed by mobs.

Plenty of people care and enjoy scenery in WoW. That mentality is not negated by being grounded or able to fly. Just as how some people would be happiest if they could sit in a city queueing for EVERYTHING, including quests. Quite odd how the loudest anti-flying people are often the sort of player spending their time in-game in cities, applying their way of playing the game to everyone else...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-17 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Flying makes this Game so much better. Its incredible how Blizzard doesnt see that

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Same as usual.

The only xpac that complemented flying was Burning Crusade. The alien atmosphere was literally made for flying, even rewarding you for buying the skill after a long grind.
    60% flying wasn't much of a problem to get. Just needed max level IIRC and the price was pretty reasonable. Of course flying slower than your epic ground mount was eye gouging so sometimes you would leave it on the ground for 100% speed and only go in the air to bypass hills and mobs. The grind to fly at 280% speed was the rewarding part. Funny to think that 5000g used to be a lot. Hell even more funny to know how hard it was to get the 800g for 100% mount speed back in vanilla.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    To be honest, no, I enjoyed it better when i couldn't fly because i was on it. Climbing a mountain felt rewarding because once on the top i could enjoy the view; envirnement has never meant obstacle for me, and even less now that i can fly.

still haven't managed to get it due to a lot of real life stuff holding me back from gaming, but can't wait to fly...

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Being dazed = you burn the mob down and that's that, leveling mobs aren't exactly boss-level. The leather Barding already trivialized that "challenging mechanic" though.
    PvPed = Irrelevant on PVE servers, and you still have to land in order to finish objectives on PVP servers. Fact, so gankers still have opportunity to gank should they so desire.
    "Altered terrain"? What does that mean? As far as I know, terrain remains the same...

People already had their routes to run in order to optimize their questing. "Mindless" travel is quite common when people have been through the same areas 1000 times...
    I never mentioned "challenge," you did. Being dazed in the wrong area with enough mobs is still more complicated than mindlessly flying anytime. Being able to simply fly away from a ganker makes it much easier to avoid and wait out world PvP easily. Also, random grouping can land you on PvP realms, regardless of whether you main a PvE realm or not. Lastly, objects and mobs change locations based on the WQs available, this literally happens every time WQs change over.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving it, a huge quality of life improvement that makes the game so much better. Time to start messin around on alts.

Love it, especially Suramar. SO much easier to do WQs now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Flying makes this Game so much better. Its incredible how Blizzard doesnt see that
    Agreed, its always been a major selling point for a LOT of people.

Yes I love it I can finally get to the bridge from the krosus encounter and maybe parts of the nighthold and the tomb of sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Did it change something or same as always?
    Depends on how you want to see it.
    You don't 'experience' the landscape or terrain anymore; you just look down at it like a painting. There's something to appreciate there, yes.
    Mechanically though, the Broken Isles from a flight standpoint is just a collection of dots to land on and fly between. There's less to enjoy. But after having experienced everything there is on the ground, I doubt that's as much of an issue.

In the end this was an effective compromise.

I honestly like the perspective of having had to quest on foot before being able to fly.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It is the exact same landscape. I mean.. damn.. there is that hill.. there is that tree.. only my angle has changed. Don't get me wrong getting to point a to point b faster isn't a bad thing. But I don't feel the game has been revolutionized. The game isn't broken either.

Simple fact is. We have been here and done this already. Really isn't that big of a deal.

Now let us get the normal people in here to tune up what has been drummed up and said a million times before. Then in the next expansion we will see all those that quit over it this time quit over it again. Because it is going to be this way for a few of them.
    Or Blizzard could take the time to create the terrain in such a way as to keep those flying players interested from the beginning. I don't really understand the logic behind pissing off half your playerbase for 8 months, then flipping a switch and pissing off the other half just to make the original guys happy again. I guess it might have something to do with rotating out the players for more subs or something, who knows.

Regardless of that, I'm super interested to see where Blizzard goes from here. Will the make flying part of the content from here on out, now that it's unlocked? Or will they go back to no-flying island bullshit in a supreme display of uninspired weaksauce?