Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So, one lore boss, with completely different mechanics from Hyjal. I thought you didn't cared about the lore, because the name was the only thing equal.

And you are saying that Draenor is just like the Outland? What? Besides Nagrand, every single zone is different.
    Except how the planets are the same, but that's just a minor detail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Facts? It's a bloody cumputer game.
    Facts are about correct data, being a computer game or the number of stairs one walks every day.

I don't really care what lore is behind it, as I said. I just would rather have new bosses. Not the same old crap.
    This phrase is contradictory by itself, if you don't care about the lore, then you don't care about the bosses lore. Which is completely fine, because the encounters are not the same.

I don't really care what lore is behind it. I just would rather have new bosses.
    You realize that names ARE lore? And that these are new bosses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care what lore is behind it, as I said. I just would rather have new bosses. Not the same old crap.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get that stuff but if it's the same fight with new flashy effects it's still bad, in my opinion.
    If it's a brand new fight I guess it's ok though.

It still feels a tad cheap to me.
    This makes no sense. If the mechanics are different and you don't care about lore what does it matter?

we did not kill him, only fought him back. Demons, i think, can only be killed in the twisting nether.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Except how the planets are the same, but that's just a minor detail
    Well, the fel orcish rampage before the opening of the Dark Portal and the planet's demise at the end of the "Beyond the Dark Portal" did transformed the continent. With some zones completely gone and new zones appearing.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get that stuff but if it's the same fight with new flashy effects it's still bad, in my opinion.

And yet, you haven't brought one single example of boss mechanics reused in WoD. Because WoD Archimonde is very different from TBC Archimonde.

Facts are about correct data, being a computer game or the number of stairs one walks every day.

This phrase is contradictory by itself, if you don't care about the lore, then you don't care about the bosses lore. Which is completely fine, because the encounters are not the same.
    Thing is though, with lore you can just change the "facts" if it does not fit the writer.
    If you walk a set of stairs, it is the same number even if you happen to not like it.

That is beside the point. As I said, I could not care less about the lore. It is the reuse of bosses and raid designs that bothers me.

Well, the fel orcish rampage before the opening of the Dark Portal and the planet's demise at the end of the "Beyond the Dark Portal" did transformed the continent. With some zones completely gone and new zones appearing.
    Netherstorm = Faralohn (didnt' make the cut)
    Blade Edge's = Gorgrond
    Zangarmarsh = Frostfire/Zangar Sea
    Terokkar = Talador/Spires
    Shadowmoon = Shadowmoon
    Nagrand = Nagrand

Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    This makes no sense. If the mechanics are different and you don't care about lore what does it matter?
    Are they though?

Deleted
    Thing is though, with lore you can just change the "facts" if it does not fit the writer.
    But it's still a fact that Kil'jaeden never died in TBC, nor it was ever changed/retconned.

That is beside the point. As I said, I could not care less about the lore. It is the reuse of bosses and raid designs that bothers me.
    Do tell us one. WoD Archimonde is not.

Are they though?
    Yes, in every example except Onyxia (which was a deliberate rehash for an anniversary) and MC, rehashed for the same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    And...well...His "Demon Soul" Just happened to be a Hot ass girl....

I wonder where he got that idea from....

*Looks at Jaina*

Yeah, did I mention the fact that Kael'thas had a Die-hard crush on Jaina? Yet, she denied him, and Fucked Arthas instead, hence creating his hate for humans?

Yeeeeaaaahhhh....
    I... What? Anveena wasn't anything related to Kael'thas, she was a magical construct created by Krasus to safely contain the Sunwell's power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Netherstorm = Faralohn (didnt' make the cut)
    Blade Edge's = Gorgrond
    Zangarmarsh = Frostfire/Zangar Sea
    Terokkar = Talador/Spires
    Shadowmoon = Shadowmoon
    Nagrand = Nagrand
    Netherstorm (flying arcane stones) and Faralohn (a zone made of a Primal corpse, full of evil plant) are completely different. Blade's Edge is just the Blade's Edge, not even close to the geography of Gorgrond. The same with Zangarmarsh and Terrokar (the south of the Spires are missing). Shadowmoon is a fel wasteland with a fel volcano in the middle, unlike the Draenor Shadowmoon.

TBC Nagrand is the only one close to its pristine past, and even so is missing the part with Highmaul.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd imagine it'll be nothing like the original SWP encounter. There might be a reference to a mechanic, like we saw with Archimonde's knock-up, but most of the fight will be totally different. Why does it feel cheap? It's a big bad guy who was too big last time, now we finally get to take him on at his full power. That's even indicated visually because we can see his full body this time, but this time we're strong enough to beat him. It's pretty strong storytelling I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I... What? Anveena wasn't anything related to Kael'thas, she was a magical construct created by Krasus to safely contain the Sunwell's power.
    I know that....

However, still doesn't change the fact that he chose a Human girl for it. LOL!

Why is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can we have mods dealing with this please? Literally any time I step into threads with this OP someone calls him that.
    Ever wondered why...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    huh?

I just asked why we are facing Kil'Jaeden a second time when we killed him already.

I understand why we faced Archimonde again (because of the time travel thing in both raid instances), but not Kil'Jaeden.

We killed him in our time, no alternate reality
    Nah fam... Demons can only die in the Twisting Nether. We didn't even kill him though. Archimonde was actually dead but time travel had nothing to do with why he came back. He didn't die in the Nether so he was slowly resurrected. That Archimonde we fought on Draenor was the same one that died in WC3. But Mythic only Archimonde did die in the Nether... so maybe he dead for reals now.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Ok so for a guy just picking up the game and not having any warcraft books, how he hell is he supposed to know that?
    This is blizzard's problem with their storytelling, the answers are in the game, but you have to put pieces together.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol