Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    *Ahem*. You do realize this was a thing, right? ---> Stonehide leather barding
    It's a consumable. Didn't bother squirrelling them away.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Except you can't because if you do you'll fly off the map, probably into a fatigue area and die.

Honestly people, connect your brains before you type shit like this.
    Odd, because I AFK autorun and watch YouTube going from 1 zone/WQ to the next.
    Did flight make the game more enjoyable? Nope. It's just made it easier and quicker to get things done leaving me more time to do other things. If anything, that almost counts against flight. "I get things done faster to go do other things" almost equates to I want to get shit done fast so I can hurry up and stop playing. As it stands, flight really didn't change much, just sped up how quickly I log off. I saw the world from the air using FPs, I've obviously explored and know the zones well enough they don't feel like mazes anymore (as if that was really a thing), and I'm doing the same things I have since launch. Pretty much the same game, just faster.
    That said, I do appreciate the convenience of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    Beauty of the zones? With flying every zone might as well be a flat surface like Tanaris.
    Maybe if you are playing in a toaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Maybe Blizzard should change the way flying works so that it can add something to the game, then?
    @SirCowdog now that we have flying in the game, can you finally put the no-flight / yes-flight / flight blah blah blah to bed and stop bringing it up?

Deleted
    I agree. The game gets alot more enjoyable.

I really wish Blizz devs would just give it up and let us have flying after dinging max level again. Flying fits WQ's like a glove.
    I didn't feel like i got more from beeing grounded. Actually, it just gave more frustrations.

Has made my life easier and thus 'more funner' I suppose.

It feels so good because we earned it.

Yeah, absolutely liberating -flying in Legion. Personally, it feels better than WoD's flying debut... I think perhaps WoD was designed without flying in mind (?) or that flying came too late (at least, personally)... anyhoo, yeah Legion really feels nice with flying, like it was designed for flying and that it had to be earned.

Brave decisions from Blizz, gotta respect them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    More convenient? Yes. More fun? No.
    Well, for me it has been more fun since I unlocked flying. The greater convenience has made me willing to stay logged in longer and do more things. I spent probably an hour today in broken shore after I had cleared all the wqs; just farming rares, herbing, and opening chests. I didn't do that before because I didn't feel like dodging mobs, or running all the way around some hill looking for a path to something I needed up top.

I've also been doing more in the release zones, not just the emissary quests. Herbs, wqs, see if there are any flagged Horde out in the open world to dive-bomb, etc.

So, to sum up, with flying I actually spend more time logged in doing stuff because it removes unfun tedium.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Reactions exactly like this are why they turned flying into a reward instead of a give-me.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Odd, because I AFK autorun and watch YouTube going from 1 zone/WQ to the next.
    Did flight make the game more enjoyable? Nope. It's just made it easier and quicker to get things done leaving me more time to do other things. If anything, that almost counts against flight. "I get things done faster to go do other things" almost equates to I want to get shit done fast so I can hurry up and stop playing. As it stands, flight really didn't change much, just sped up how quickly I log off. I saw the world from the air using FPs, I've obviously explored and know the zones well enough they don't feel like mazes anymore (as if that was really a thing), and I'm doing the same things I have since launch. Pretty much the same game, just faster.
    That said, I do appreciate the convenience of it.
    Is that a result of flying, though? Or is it due to Blizzard building zones to ignore the existence of flying and locking flight behind a requirement of doing all the content first?

This is why I'm super interested to see what happens if future content releases in Legion allow flying. Will people react to content differently in Legion if that content's design takes flight into considering? Cata was similar, but older tech. I'm curious to see what Blizzard can do with today's technology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    @SirCowdog now that we have flying in the game, can you finally put the no-flight / yes-flight / flight blah blah blah to bed and stop bringing it up?
    No, because Pathfinder is still a shit solution. And the mechanics of flight still present the same problems that they did before. Literally nothing has been solved until either Blizzard actually designs content the USES flight, or changes how flight works so it can be incorporated into their ground-centric design philosophy.

All the pathfinder unlock did was delay dealing with it.

I certainly can get more done in less time now, which is great for my 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I certainly can get more done in less time now, which is great for my 5 characters.
    I think this is the biggest boon of flying: alt maintenance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unlocked Legion flying today and not only has it made WQs less tedious but I have also found WoW 10x more funner! I was on the verge of unsubbing till 7.3 but now I have flying I can truly enjoy the artistic beauty of the zones and explore! Not to mention I can now RP in new places, help friends easier and level alts with less tedium. Who else feels the same
    I'll unlock it in about 2 days, telling you, I'm so sick of not flying. Today, I did one of the goblin missions for the treasure chests, the one right in front of the entrance to the cathedral dungeon. Used my whistle right in front of the entrance, so the gryphon flew me THROUGH the dungeon portal and INTO the dungeon. So I was in the dungeon and my whistle had a cooldown. Got out of the dungeon and started my way down to Deliverance Point. Halfway there, my whistle comes off of the cooldown. I use it and get taken back to Vengeance Point. Fly down to Deliverance Point. 5+ minutes later I'm finally where I wanna be, just to hand in the quest and log off and jump onto the next character.

Telling you, I'm not gonna be missing that hassle. No-flying is a failed experiment they should give up on. Too bad Argus will probably be non-flyable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unlocked flight almost a week ago. Love it Did it magnify the amount of fun I am having in Legion? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Unlocked flight almost a week ago. Love it Did it magnify the amount of fun I am having in Legion? No.
    And why would it, when all the content is exhausted by the time you got flight? It's not like finishing pathfinder actually opens new content that you haven't been able to do before now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And why would it, when all the content is exhausted by the time you got flight? It's not like finishing pathfinder actually opens new content that you haven't been able to do before now.
    You assume I am not enjoying the expac anymore. Poor assumption on your part. I am still having a blast. I complete everything I need to complete for the day, and then I head to Suramar to RP with other Druids, or get wrapped up in Tinker RP in Ironforge. There is more to do in this game than fly... and I am doing ALL of them

I agree. I had been burnt out on WQ's, avoiding more alts but being able to fly has kinda reinvigorated me. Things just get done more efficiently, like they should at this point in an expansion.
    Not getting stuck on every little twig or pebble in the road is so refreshing. I'll forever wonder if that was on purpose or just lazy collision programming.

I actually appreciate the scale and art of Suramar now that I can fly. When you're starting only at rocks and tree roots, dodging the constant aggro from withered, it's hard to enjoy the beauty of a zone, because you can only feel annoyed at the hassle of moving around it.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Flying is a blessing. I can actually play the game rather than AFK'ing on every flight path for almost half of the time. Also some of the zones look gorgeous from above.
    except with flying you aren't playing the game your skipping all the mobs you should be fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    except with flying you aren't playing the game your skipping all the mobs you should be fighting
    That's ok as I fought them repeatably for the past 8 months.