Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytallica View Post
    I've always equated Alex Jones to the WWE. There is a lot of effort to entertain and make the show look real, but at the end of the day it is just a show.
    Professional Wrestlers don't ordinarily launch harassment campaigns against the grieving parents of dead children. That's what Alex Jones did after Sandy Hook.

If, through the resolution of this custody dispute, Jones is denied the right to ever see his own children again... well... I'm not sure if I'd call that justice. But it's certainly close enough to it for my tastes.

If Jones does satire, it would be really nice to inform his public of it.

I'm really not sure that the dude who came up at the pizzeria with a gun thought it was ''satire''.

Have no idea who that alex jones guy is, but saying that he is violent and unstable based on what he does during his job as an entertainer is rather stupid.
    No matter if he believes what he says, or that is just an act tbh.

It is like saying you have to take away children of all the policemen since they act rough and physical doing their job.

It is just a job, and he is doing it.

If there are videos of him attacking people or being rough to his children outside of his work - that is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Have no idea who that alex jones guy is, but saying that he is violent and unstable based on what he does during his job as an entertainer is rather stupid.
    No matter if he believes what he says, or that is just an act tbh.

It is like saying you have to take away children of all the policemen since they act rough and physical doing their job.

It is just a job, and he is doing it.

If there are videos of him attacking people or being rough to his children outside of his work - that is another story.
    It's because his ''job'' is not supposed to him being acting

His news program sounds exactly like World Wrestling Entertainment, WWE, that should give you a clue.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    His news program sounds exactly like World Wrestling Entertainment, WWE, that should give you a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Professional Wrestlers don't ordinarily launch harassment campaigns against the grieving parents of dead children. That's what Alex Jones did after Sandy Hook.

If, through the resolution of this custody dispute, Jones is denied the right to ever see his own children again... well... I'm not sure if I'd call that justice. But it's certainly close enough to it for my tastes.
    I'll let Slybak respond on my behalf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Myself, and millions of others (both who dislike, and like him).

Again, he does not in any way comport himself in the way Colbert and the Colbert Report did, so the comparison you made makes no sense to me. Jones took an extremely serious, hardline approach that honestly makes it difficult to tell if he's being satirical or honest - especially with all the "supplements" and other bullshit he sells his listeners. Meanwhile, Colbert took a very satirical approach, frequently struggling to maintain his character/composure during his segments and you know, hasn't been trying to sell people dubious products that he shills "in-character".

All the arguments I've seen for "BUT ALEX JONES IS TOTALLY JUST ACTING!" fall apart with even the most cursory of glances at his content and how he runs his business.

Edit: https://twitter.com/HappyHarryToons/...30921266257920
    I'm torn. Either he deserves all the oscars for the next 10 years or he is really THAT insane. It's just impossible to tell. I'm not sure which of those options would bother me more.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yes, brainwashing your child should applauded! So yes, the views you hold do affect how well you raise your child.
    The implication bening that he brainwashes his kids. You know this how?

as long as he doesnt hit his kids or abuse them and makes sure they are well fed and clothed. (basic principles i know) he should be allowed to mantain custody of his kids. So what if he acts a little crazy on his shows? its just acting.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    as long as he doesnt hit his kids or abuse them and makes sure they are well fed and clothed. (basic principles i know) he should be allowed to mantain custody of his kids. So what if he acts a little crazy on his shows? its just acting.
    Ex wives don't care about those type of things. Some of them will use any method they can to fuck you over when the relationship is over. It's really no different than this case. Trying to twist the perception of what the public eye sees and what actually happens behind the scenes.

Again, the issue is not the issue of the bitter of Mrs Jones and Mr. Jones (no way, you mean that divorce lawyers can get nasty ? NO WAY ?)

The issue is that the defence of Mr. Jones is ''I'm acting during my show''.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    That top video is an example of Alex Jones' strange agenda to villianize transhumanism. He as well as others at InfoWars spread this idea that transhumanists like Kurzweil are these wicked elitists who want to hoard all these cybernetic enhancement technologies to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Again, the issue is not the issue of the bitter of Mrs Jones and Mr. Jones (no way, you mean that divorce lawyers can get nasty ? NO WAY ?)

The issue is that the defence of Mr. Jones is ''I'm acting during my show''.
    Ok so with a straight face you watched the frog water rant and took him seriously while watching and after that?

Trumpsters get conned again.

Dumbasses.

He's paying his wife almost 50k in alimony a month (thanks Reddit) so yeah, expect him to go to some fucked up depths to keep whatever parental rights he currently has. Probably not the first guy to defame himself in an attempt to shoot down the major argument against him.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    He's paying his wife almost 50k in alimony a month (thanks Reddit) so yeah, expect him to go to some fucked up depths to keep whatever parental rights he currently has. Probably not the first guy to defame himself in an attempt to shoot down the major argument against him.
    She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed if she wants to lose what is paying those alimony payments.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Nope.

He sounds like a run-of-the-mil conspiracy theorist, a normal type on the right.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-04-18 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Ok so with a straight face you watched the frog water rant and took him seriously while watching and after that?

You mean, thinking that Jones was either a shill or insane ? I'm completely on this boat. It's not me that believe him like the gospel...

This made my day. Having to deal with his basement dwelling alt-reich troll supporters shitposting on every liberal and progressive youtube channel, spewing Fake News at everything while religiously believing everything this giant walking ooze says, and then reading the he officially called himself a "performance artist", that he played a fictional character, IS A GREAT FEELING! These complete idiots still believe PizzaGate to this day, which got people being shot at, and he calls it a CHARACTER! It was all a goof, OOPS! Maybe his fans will claim that he is being mentally controlled by the illuminati lizard people into saying these things.
    He should be locked up for inciting violence on the pizza place, let alone keep his kids.

Never really watched Alex Jones until the Joe Rogan podcast. You have to admit, he is really entertaining. That Deus ex video is awesome. But, yeah, dude is off his rocker.