Poll: Is WoW the best MMO on the Market?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    In my opinion yes it is !

Deleted
    Obviously this is a personal question, depending on what one person's individual criteria are regarding what makes a good MMO.

Also, no one has tested all MMO's, therefore no one can give an objectively true answer to this question.

For me, WoW is the best from those i've played. I'm a happy camper in a friendly guild. I play when i can and feel like it. I know none of my shit is getting wrecked while i'm offline. There is an abundance of content available to me when i chose to play. I like the PVE content (i don't like PVP). There is an abundance of easy content. There is a sufficient amount of challenging content. There is a steady stream of incoming new content, keeping me interested.

I'm happy with/in WoW, and at this point 0/10 i'd see me moving to a different MMO, no matter what amazing features they might offer.

Full disclosure, I am off and on with FFXIV and currently am playing WoW, which I easily play more.

That said I mostly play WoW at this point because I've been with it since vanilla, since everyone I know plays WoW, and that I never stay with FFXIV long enough to get a base of friends.

That said. FFXIV does pretty much everything better. Class design, artwork, new additions to the game, PvE both large and small scale, story lines, even its PvP is getting to the point of being better than WoW since WoW's is shoved further into the dirt each patch while FFXIV is making a very real very successful attempt at making its PvP a well done thing.

To those who have played FFXIV: what does WoW do better? Why would WoW be considered better than FFXIV? I do love WoW and always will, but I know good and well that FFXIV does it better.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Yeah WoW is likely the best one. But I have to say MMOs on a whole have been pretty shit for a while. They are all mostly WoW clones or Asian grind fests.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Most sucessful does not equal best. FFXIV is objectively better than wow in everything beside PVP, race variety and item bonuses. And does not have a glamour(our word for transmog) log. Yet.

Better graphics
    Sub races
    Better story
    More ways to level
    Better music
    Housing
    zero need for alts
    more interesting profession system
    patches and expansion have much more stuff in them and come with at maximum four months between them.
    Meh, the "i can do all the things" angle of FFXIV is one of the main reasons I won't bother with it.

Without a shadow of a doubt, yes.

I've tried and enjoyed other mmorpgs, but none has ever been able to capture me like WoW.

Hands down, yes. Anybody who says otherwise is either delusional or salty that Blizzard changed WoW and it's no longer the version which best fits whatever fancy compartmentalized version of the game they liked best. Tough shit, things changed.

There are other MMOs on the market but WoW delivers the most consistent experience with the most players. And there is nothing quite like Mythic raiding offered by any other game on the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the MMO that I suppose I like the best of all of them. I don't even know what "Best" even means given the thread context. So that's my answer.

That said, I'm a little off the MMO experience these days. My age is a part of it but years and years of this is enough. Still playing but only a couple of times a week if that.

My main gripe is that the story lines have gotten progressively worse. There's only so much you can really do with WAR and LEGION over a dozen years. I think the story in Mists, which I thought was multi-layered and pretty thoughtful, perhaps spoiled me for the primary story arc which I now view as trite and overdone. Characters aren't really compelling. And the game itself has devolved into a discussion mostly about classes, math and spreadsheets, both on the part of players and Blizzard. Bleah.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Asking this question here is like asking "Do you believe in God?" in a church.

There will be no objectivity.

But knowing your post history OP, you already knew that...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Nope both Runescape (OS and RS3) and FFXIV is miles ahead of WoW....IMO
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope both Runescape (OS and RS3) and FFXIV is miles ahead of WoW....IMO
    Wonder how many people saying wow is best have played something other than wow

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Full disclosure, I am off and on with FFXIV and currently am playing WoW, which I easily play more.

That said I mostly play WoW at this point because I've been with it since vanilla, since everyone I know plays WoW, and that I never stay with FFXIV long enough to get a base of friends.

That said. FFXIV does pretty much everything better. Class design, artwork, new additions to the game, PvE both large and small scale, story lines, even its PvP is getting to the point of being better than WoW since WoW's is shoved further into the dirt each patch while FFXIV is making a very real very successful attempt at making its PvP a well done thing.

To those who have played FFXIV: what does WoW do better? Why would WoW be considered better than FFXIV? I do love WoW and always will, but I know good and well that FFXIV does it better.
    I play FFXIV!
    Wanna know why I think it's better?

1. Lore, Art, Music. Wow doesn't go fully Cartoonish, nor does it go fully realistic in its design. The lore is easier to follow, than per say...oh....idk...3 games worth of time. And the Music just has this charm...ya know? Ya can't beat it...

2. I have this thing call an "Opinion", so do you...

To me it still is. FF14 is the only one that has come close to replace Wow. I still enjoy FF14 from time to time but nothing has been able to push Wow out of the being the best for me.

I would argue yes. It's not perfect by any means and other games do other parts of the MMORPG experience better, but if you want a well rounded MMO experience, WoW is the way to go.

Depends on how you define best. Most popular and most prolific, certainly, but you can say the same thing about McDonald's and I wouldn't call them the best fast food chain.

In my opinion, there is nothing WoW does that FFXIV does not do better. GW2 is a substantially different style, but still far superior in many ways.

WoW is like McDonald's: Easy, everyone knows it, and it offers something for everyone so even if you don't love you, you can go there and probably be alright for a while.

Edit: As a disclaimer, I don't do PvP seriously in any MMO, so I cannot speak to FFXIV PvP at all. The little bits I've done I enjoyed at least as much as WoW PvP, and I will say the distinct lack of people screaming and doing their best to make everyone else miserable was a nice change from (literally) every time I've ventured into WoW PvP, but I can't really judge the gameplay systems in any kind of serious capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Wonder how many people saying wow is best have played something other than wow
    I wonder how long it's going to take you to realize that you have your opinion on how good a game is in terms of content...

Oh...

And to answer your statement:

I've played ESO, Everquest, Runescape, and so forth. And, if I were make a list of my favorites, then i'd choose this.

Top 3:

1. Everquest.

2, Runescape.

3. World Of Warcraft.

4. Final Fantasy 14.

Yes, WOW is in my THIRD Spot.

The other 2 are higher mainly due to either nostalgia, or due to content....

However, WoW is still the BIGGEST MMO, even if half of the player-base left...

Hell, RUNESCAPE Is still doing might fine, and 2/3rd of their fan-base left. LOL.

Popularity >>>> Numbers.

I've learned that much...

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I would say "Yes" for several reasons. WoW is popular and international, it has an extremely long life which is very reliable and add to players of varying ages and diversities. WoW is unchanging and stable for a game which won't radically change on you suddenly, meaning that you know what you're paying for the majority of the time. WoW is paramount for the genre as in many people try to clone it but it has a very polished and original feeling to it. WoW has seriously in-depth lore and wonderful backstory that can keep people immersed for years. WoW is well rounded and offer many playstyles while catering to a vast majority of people, which is a very successful model and approach to the game. It is just good for many reasons, more than are listed here.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I wonder how long it's going to take you to realize that you have your opinion on how good a game is in terms of content...

Oh...

And to answer your statement:

I've played ESO, Everquest, Runescape, and so forth. And, if I were make a list of my favorites, then i'd choose this.

Top 3:

1. Everquest.

2, Runescape.

3. World Of Warcraft.

4. Final Fantasy 14.

Yes, WOW is in my THIRD Spot.

The other 2 are higher mainly due to either nostalgia, or due to content....

However, WoW is still the BIGGEST MMO, even if half of the player-base left...

Hell, RUNESCAPE Is still doing might fine, and 2/3rd of their fan-base left. LOL.

Popularity >>>> Numbers.

I've learned that much...
    You seem to be taking this way to seriouslly and going way to defensive considering I've said very little.

funny how many desperately cling to the hope that final fantasy 14 is the best mmo its not its shit and will always be shit just cause you hate wow cause it broke your heart doesnt mean final fantasy is better
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Probably not, it is however the one with the most time investment put into it, therefore will stay the biggest for a looong time.

Out of all the MMO's I've tried recently; ESO, Black Desert, Rift. They've all been good and enjoyable in their own rite, but it's just too hard for me to start that grind again.