Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    The fact that its this close is an embarassment in of itself. The Caps are the dominant 1 seed. The heavy favorite. They should be crushing this team. Instead they could easily be down 0-2.

Even if they win a long 7 game series, what does that mean? Doesn't exactly bode well to struggle like this against an inexperienced Leafs team. Meanwhile the Penguins are just destroying the Blue Jackets and look like the champions they are. They're going to smoke us in 4 or 5 games.
    Clearly standings never dictate how good or bad a team is. Toronto took until the last game of the season to make it in, they are playing resilient hockey and matching Washington every which way. That game would have been in their favor in regulation had they not take a couple of dumb penalties that allowed the Caps two free goals. Get them frustrated and taking bad penalties, their defense isn't good enough to kill every penalty, and the series will easily be Washington's, if not, the Leafs have a chance to hang around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Clearly standings never dictate how good or bad a team is. Toronto took until the last game of the season to make it in, they are playing resilient hockey and matching Washington every which way. That game would have been in their favor in regulation had they not take a couple of dumb penalties that allowed the Caps two free goals. Get them frustrated and taking bad penalties, their defense isn't good enough to kill every penalty, and the series will easily be Washington's, if not, the Leafs have a chance to hang around.
    Second last*

Terrible no-goal calls seem to be the bane of Calgary's existence in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    The fact that its this close is an embarassment in of itself. The Caps are the dominant 1 seed. The heavy favorite. They should be crushing this team. Instead they could easily be down 0-2.

Even if they win a long 7 game series, what does that mean? Doesn't exactly bode well to struggle like this against an inexperienced Leafs team. Meanwhile the Penguins are just destroying the Blue Jackets and look like the champions they are. They're going to smoke us in 4 or 5 games.
    When we had that 4-1 loss to Boston (went 7 games) we had no right not being swept based on the the two teams (and Boston's record against us in the season). Boston went on to the finals dominating a better Rangers team (compared to Leafs) and sweeping Penguins while limiting them to 2 goals. Nothing that happens against Toronto/Washington will impact a best of 7 series against Columbus/Pittsburgh outside of injuries (of which you have none and Pittsburgh has their top dman and goalie out).

Toronto could be down 0-2 too, both teams are playing really well with very few mistakes to capitalize on IMO. Leafs went into the playoffs with no expectations (outside of our coach) while Washington I'm sure feels like they're playing with the weight of the world on their backs. Our only weakness in the regular season was defense and in the last two games we've minimized that weakness far more than I expected to be possible.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not having Zaitsev and possibly Polak is going to hurt. Having Gardiner and Reilly playing 40 minutes a night isn't optimal long term.

Not having Zaitsev and possibly Polak is going to hurt. Having Gardiner and Reilly playing 40 minutes a night isn't optimal long term.
    Zaitsev I thought should be back in a game or two?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wishful thinking if he is under concussion protocol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Terrible no-goal calls seem to be the bane of Calgary's existence in the playoffs.
    i am squirming at how fucking bad this horse shit is

Well the Wild are pretty much done.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well the Wild are pretty much done.
    Not a surprise to be honest. I bet Yeo is having a good laugh at his former bosses

Not a surprise to be honest. I bet Yeo is having a good laugh at his former bosses
    Nashville is having a good laugh at Sutter and our former owner

Columbus is done as well.

I like Boudreau but his teams always play with a sense of nervousness in the playoffs. Was the same story in Washington.

10+ Year Old Account
    He always seems to go to team that can't seem to get over the hump. There is a reason they can't do it. How the game is played in the playoffs is drastically different than the regular season.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have forgotten how much I dislike these anthem singers. Stop hamming up our national anthems you bimbo!

But seriously, sing it the way it's supposed to be done, not as some shitty pop song.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or has there been an insane amount of 3-3 games so far?

I see the NHL is up to it's usual reffing standards in that Boston game.

Wishful thinking if he is under concussion protocol.
    Wishful thinking indeed.

I don't even get mad when the Caps lose in the playoffs. There is 0 emotion. Its just funny to me. Its literally the exact same story every year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dart Guy is going to be at every Leaf game now.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Dart Guy is going to be at every Leaf game now.
    He's his own meme