Thread: Fire in 7.2.5

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fire in 7.2.5

Are there any indications that the horrible ST will get a buff or is Blizzard really tinkering only with arcane and frost at the moment?

At the moment it seems frost gets a huge nerfbat and as a result we need to go arcane (after fire in EN and frost in NH...)

Frost will get nerfed and be mediocre with the nerf...Fire is dead at the moment...and I hate Arcane...really hate this pink crap spec.

So either quit oder enjoy beeing crap again like at the start of NH with our fire legendaries and maxed fire weapon...

Deleted
    Apparently double IL stays (for now) and the IV nerf is simming only 30-45k dps less on PTR. Yes, it is still PTR, things might change but it seems frost remains viable for now. (Removal of Double IL without compensation might actually do the trick though, on top of the IV nerf)

Also, might I add I have a hard time getting around the thought process regarding all this? Why not just remove double IL to begin with? It's the main culprit of the IV problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, there was a blue post saying fire would get numbers love. I will believe it when I see it though.
    It was Lore who said it, Lore isn't part of the dev team, he can pass down the message or probably give some input but yea, i'm pretty skeptical too.

Fire is like 25% behind frost ST wise, its horrible man

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Fire is like 25% behind frost ST wise, its horrible man
    I read that and thought it was an exaggeration but the data from mythic NH is showing literally 28.9% behind the top rdps numbers so it is right on.
    Last edited by SFBayGamer; 2017-04-17 at 05:01 PM.

Arcane is in a pretty bad spot unless it gets numbers love too so don't worry too much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogfoot View Post
    its not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    its not enough.
    Sadly its not... but its a start atleast.

Awesome start. Will be excited to see the new parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Sadly its not... but its a start atleast.
    it honestly worries me more, because it shows they think a 6% buff will have people playing fire.

it honestly worries me more, because it shows they think a 6% buff will have people playing fire.
    Well they have said they want to do incremental buffs to prevent wild swings. I'm gonna try to give them the benefit of a doubt that more buffs will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogfoot View Post
    That's absolutely pathetic considering we're like 15% behind on average

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Well they have said they want to do incremental buffs to prevent wild swings. I'm gonna try to give them the benefit of a doubt that more buffs will come.
    theres a pretty easy simple buff that would put fire in a better place.

Revert the PI, Pyro, and RoP nerfs

LOL 6%...did they just throw numbers at a dartboard or something? Sad pity buff if I've ever seen one -_-

Signaling buffs for fire and signaling nerfs for frost. Kind of depressing that they keep flip flopping specs.

theres a pretty easy simple buff that would put fire in a better place.

Revert the PI, Pyro, and RoP nerfs
    Yup... forgot about how badly those nerfs gutted fire.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    LOL 6%...did they just throw numbers at a dartboard or something? Sad pity buff if I've ever seen one -_-
    Literally

I didn't even unlock new traits on felo'melorn and i'm at 45 with ebonchill, there's no going back even if i have fire bracers and belt, in the meantime i got bis leggos for frost (quite lucky) so fire can gtfo, also the buff won't fix fire's terrible scaling so what happened to me at nh could repeat with tos, i was competitive first week and then started to fall behind week after week (thanks to terrible set bonuses too)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

dont forget:
    Fire ST you use bracers + belt. means you can still wear old 2set and new 4set
    Frost ST you most likely use bracers + hands, so old2set new 4set isnt possible, except you use one of the two rings for ST instead of gloves.

for aoe legendaries its a different picture, but ST gearing wise fire will benefit more from tomb than frost will