Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Online is great, but I don't know of any other tool online or not that calculates DPS on the fly and will let you compare gems and gear and stuff near instantly. POB has been shown to not be perfect but it's better than not having any estimate at all.
    Apparently it doesn't work on Win10. I get an error as soon as i start it (or better when the window opens).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Apparently it doesn't work on Win10. I get an error as soon as i start it (or better when the window opens).
    Path of Building works fine on W10, even on Creator's Update.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Path of Building works fine on W10, even on Creator's Update.
    Well, tested right now on work pc and works. At home it crashes at startup. Well, ill use it at work and play at home.

Well, tested right now on work pc and works. At home it crashes at startup. Well, ill use it at work and play at home.
    Then you are obviously missing net framework or visual c++ 2015, dont remember which one path of building required, or its corrupt on your home PC.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Then you are obviously missing net framework or visual c++ 2015, dont remember which one path of building required, or its corrupt on your home PC.
    Well, ill reinstall it when i get home, no big issues then.

10+ Year Old Account

That looks like a very nice improvement to Cyclone... It sorta looked like you could cancel or change directions before reaching your first clicked destination? Hm.

I kinda want to give Cyclone another shot sometime, but I think I mostly stay away from it since it's commonly used or cliché or so, with very few unique and interesting ways to really change its playstyle (of course I consider CoC Discharge overused too)... Perhaps could play Righteous Fire if I get a Rise of the Phoenix, although I'm also sorta unsatisfied with Attack builds where the weapon isn't important...

Don't think you can change directions, no, but if there is something in the way the character will find a way around it. Cyclone is an okay skill but this change isn't enough to bring it back I don't think, it suffers from the fundamental flaw of having tiny AOE and average damage which means it gets outshined instantly by several other skills. Because of the massive movespeed reduction, being able to DPS on the move isn't much of a perk.

Also, here's to praying they remove the cooldown on traps in 3.0. Tried whispering ice traps and the damage is nuts but the cooldown absolutely ruins it. Not being able to leech and having a one second delay on your damage is bad enough.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2017-05-01 at 01:34 PM.

So, this is my first league playing and I've been running minions and a cyclone babe.

Shoulda waited apparently.

For people wondering, while Fall of Oriath beta runs, there will be events plus the Legacy League is going to be extended.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1898941

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Yay, legacy is an amazing league, would love the leaguestone system to remain as part of the core game in some way, gives so much more variety to the game.

Though I'm a bit hooked on Grim Dawn right now, haven't played PoE that much recently.
    Eh, i played GD quite a lot, waiting for DLC and new versions of DAIL (or another class mod) to be updated.

In other news, Lab is going to be "changed". Still 6 trials to unlock normal lab (i assume the already present ones), 3 more for cruel, 3 more for merc, 6 more for uber. Apparently labs are going to be shorter than usual so less time is spent navigating and more time fighting - all versions of them can be accessed from Aspirant's plaza, which will have a dedicated waypoint.

Personally, it's the first time ever i run a character to the endgame successfully and i just completed merc lab last night. While it's kinda fun and challenging, i just don't see the appeal of it other than wanting to get the Ascendancy points. The enchants are surely really powerful but too much rng based, so i wouldn't farm it until it's the absolute last thing i have to do.

Generally, i find maps to be just better. Ascendancy class should be unlocked via different means and lab be part of the map system imho. Also, i don't like how uber lab is gated behind the 6 trials that appear randomly in the maps (i found only 1, but if youì're unlucky it may take way too much time to unlock it).

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I agree with that overall, lab isn't a very appealing mechanism to me, I usually just complete it once and then forget about it. Sometimes I'll go back to merc lab at high level just to get an average enchant on some boots/gloves, but that's about it, never even tried to get a good helm enchant.

Lab is only really interesting if you can farm it fast, then chests can be worth it (especially uber), but also enchants. People run uber lab just to enchant a ton of ilvl 84 white helms (usually hubris since everyone plays ES) to sell as crafting base. Then it's really worth it (lots of examples here).

(also, for uber lab, there are channels dedicated to sharing trials, best way to get them fast, unless you're playing SSF and are unlucky as I am, then have to map for a week before completing them ;_; )
    Haha, yeah i only look forward to Lab for the ascendancy, but helm enchants are way too RNG to be worth farming, especially SSF. I don't care about how much time it takes to gear a character, but that time just for an enchant which isn't even that important (while good to have) imho is wasted. Especially since i will farm gear over a single enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Well, i'll need to change the build i had in mind for 3.0 Probably going for a life/evasion/ES hybrid (Vaal Pact).

EDIT: it's not like i was looking forward to OP builds as i just play SSF, but i wanted to play a CI build for one time - it's either going hybrid evasion/life or evasion CI without Vaal Pact.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-05-18 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Very interesting... I've always favoured life builds so I dont mind these changes, but I honestly think they'll change a LOT before this goes live, they're a little over harsh.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Very interesting... I've always favoured life builds so I dont mind these changes, but I honestly think they'll change a LOT before this goes live, they're a little over harsh.
    Well, CI builds at the moment can just facetank anything.

The issue is clear though: with my current char, i leech way more life than needed - the fact is that a) EHP is way smaller and b) no Vaal Pact = no instant heals.
    With a 25k EHP pool and istant recovery you can literally facetank anything.

What's really broken is Vaal Pact (even on life only, istant regen is insanely good at high levels). I think life could still use a base increase to have a little higher EHP pool, not on the line with ES but more than right now.

I'm wondering if hybrid armors now will become useful - i really want to play a shadow and use the evasion/es gear, this may be the right time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's really broken is Vaal Pact (even on life only, istant regen is insanely good at high levels).
    Agreed. tbh, they could have gotten by simply with the Vaal Pact change and a slightly lessening of the high end ES amounts.

Health could do with a small buff, although I think the seperate Physical Damage Reduction rolls on Armour pieces will help a bit... Assuming that they allow characters to go over the existing 75% reduction cap.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Agreed. tbh, they could have gotten by simply with the Vaal Pact change and a slightly lessening of the high end ES amounts.

Health could do with a small buff, although I think the seperate Physical Damage Reduction rolls on Armour pieces will help a bit... Assuming that they allow characters to go over the existing 75% reduction cap.
    physical damage reduction cap is 90%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    physical damage reduction cap is 90%
    Really? cool, thought it was 75%.

The point still stands though.