Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Just to be clear.......yet, later you imply you are speaking for me or others:

So which is it?
    Makes no difference to you or are you saying it makes no difference to me (and others)?

Because if the latter then you couldn't be more wrong.
    What difference does it make? Except, you know, for just speeding up the things you are already doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Flying in WoW is the same as fast travel in Witcher or Elder Scrolls.
    No, that's flight paths, except it's more of a slow travel. Flying lets me get distracted with herbs or rares on my way or anything else that seems cool (pre-flight, I'd say "nah, it's not worth falling into this ravine for 5 Fjarnskaggl". With flight, it's not a big deal!). You should also see my screenshots folder pre-flight and post-flight.

Just because YOU think this doesn't mean it's fact for everyone. The game has been significantly more enjoyable for me since flight has been out, though only because I had already exhausted the game of anything left to do.

TBH, Pathfinder should come out every major content patch. 7.1 should have let Pathfinder "Part 1" let us fly in non-Broken Shore areas. 7.2's pathfinder would be fine for just Broken Shore. Flight in the other zones should not have been this delayed when we'd already done everything anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    What difference does it make? Except, you know, for just speeding up the things you are already doing?
    Enjoying the view, getting distracted for herbs/secrets that are very vertically problematic without flight, exploring even more than you could on land.

Seriously, I don't understand why flight has to "serve a purpose" for some people to enjoy it. It's like you're expecting some kind of reward for literally everything in this game.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard would let me fly, I would re sub. The game isn't worth playing without flying.

Faster WQuests -> More time for other things -> I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Devs and Marketing are not the same. And where exactly is this a "selling" feature? I am pretty sure we were all aware that Legion starts without flying and it would be unlocked later. Just like Classic - WoD (except cata) ALWAYS started without flying in the new zones.

Flying has never been taken away, there are 95% of the game world where you still can fly. And now it is 99%

Also I would expect you understand the process of things being immersive without flying while you level and experience the zones for 6 months, and then it becomes available as quality of life feature - but I guess people use every excuse to complain.

But hey...be smart: You can always NOT unlock it and you can always unsub if this so morally outrages you that you need to call it "disgusting"
    You obviously do not understand the concept of hypocrisy or refuse to admit that Blizz are being hypocritical when it comes to flying do you? They intentionally made things inconvenient for us by disallowing flying, so that we would consume content much slower for obvious reasons but instead gave the BS excuse that players would suffer from the lack of immersion and danger with flying. Then after we are forced to do without a feature that we've had since from TBC to MoP for more than half a year they suddenly used flying as part of their marketing gimmick to entice returning or new players when their anti-flying stance is for all to see. Don't you see the hypocrisy in all of these? Then again looking at your sig and past posts, you seem to be a typical FB so there is probably no point arguing.
    Last edited by lockybalboa; 2017-04-18 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Makes all the difference to me.
    I'm fully aware of the benefits of flying since i am pro flying.
    Not sure why you questioned my quote since i am trying to ascertain if quoted poster means it makes no difference to him/her or he/she is speaking for others as well.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying is great and all, but...

I miss my grapple hook and Water Strider. Until next time (7.3), old friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unlocked Legion flying today and not only has it made WQs less tedious but I have also found WoW 10x more funner! I was on the verge of unsubbing till 7.3 but now I have flying I can truly enjoy the artistic beauty of the zones and explore! Not to mention I can now RP in new places, help friends easier and level alts with less tedium. Who else feels the same
    I'm With you bro! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm also having more fun thanks to flying, and i am against the concept of flying mounts, but WoW has always been in a bad spot when it comes to player options to travel around. Even with the few attempts to fix those options (different hearthstones, whistle, faster flight paths, more flight points...), the reality is that a wow without a good fast travel system (aka teleports, more often and to more places) ends up needing flying mounts.

I also think that pathfinder achievement is the best way to handle when players unlock flying, but we shouldn't have to wait until a later patch. Pathfinder part one should unlock flying on the first zones, pathfinder part two should unlock flying on the broken shore. Experience current world content, complete current world content, fly on current world content.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Absolutely zero difference to me.

Nothing has really changed. I take FP to closest zone point I need to get to, and I fly to the WQ instead of running on the ground....I save LITERALLY SECONDS per each WQ. If the next is far away, I whistle back to FP, and repeat.

Flying makes next to ZERO difference in this game anymore...but yet some of you people act like it's the best and only feature in wow. I really get a kick out of the people who refuse to play, or threaten to stop subbing if they can't fly. Some people.
    My wq time taken is at least reduced by half. Being able to activate quest items while in Flight Form is definitely better than in Travel Form. Aggro is also easily dropped quickly just by flying up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    One thing I really love is seeing the zones from the air. Highmountain is just a splendid area. Flying doesn't make the game more anything other than convenient. Fun content takes place in dungeons. Or involves combat. Travel is never fun and I'm still finding myself taking flight paths still because Im used to afking and I end up missing the target.
    Gone are the days noninstanced gameplay and long travel quests used to be considered relevant gameplay for the general community. God i feel old when you see comments like yours :P. Without the open world and the travels it involved i most likely wouldn't even be playing this MMO. I honestly think you would've like the system Guild Wars 1 had going. They only had instanced gameplay with combat .

i often fly to a zone to do WQ after which i travel only by ground mount from quest to skip skipping over the flightpaths unless i have a time isues. i love wondering over the map
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep, it's a huge improvement for me too. Should have come in 7.1 for most of the Broken Isles and then a separate achievement to fly in the Broken Shore.
    Wouldn't have bothered me if you couldn't fly in Broken Shore but the rest of the zones there was no point in restricting it after hitting max level.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I have also found WoW 10x more funner!
    Maybe not 10x but still better. I got my flying back 5 days ago and it was truly great. Not a feeling of achievement as Blizzard wanted it to be. Rather relief that this stupid, gated and limiting grind is finally over.

I have all 12 classes and as in Draenor I got them to max level fairly quick, in Legion I leveled just my main to 110 and then focused on gearing. I got also one alt to 110 and thats it. Next character was 103. The day I got flying I started to play alts. 3 days later my 103 turned 110. Flying makes leveling much faster and way more intreresting. I can finally focus on quests, killing mobs and fulfilling goals instead of navigating rough terrain and cursing aloud for being 5 feet away from my target but 40 feet below with no way up (which turns to start on the other side of the zone, well hidden).

Pre flying I had just one character to play.
    Post flying I now have 11 other.

Pre flying I logged into WoW just to make Broken Shore dailies for rep.
    post flying I feel the urge to log in and play since there are lots of things to do. Level Warlock, Priest or maybe Paladin? Or maybe finish DK and get my 3rd relic slot? Farm mats on my gatherer to boost professions? So many things, so little time. With flying I feel I can play again. Instead of mindlessly grind.

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    I can finally focus on quests, killing mobs and fulfilling goals instead of navigating rough terrain and cursing aloud for being 5 feet away from my target but 40 feet below with no way up (which turns to start on the other side of the zone, well hidden).
    EXACTLY. Vertical locations are fucking moronic. I vastly prefer large flat locations like MoP had. Those fucking WoD and Legion caves... arrgh.

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Pre flying I had just one character to play.
    Post flying I now have 11 other.

Pre flying I logged into WoW just to make Broken Shore dailies for rep.
    post flying I feel the urge to log in and play since there are lots of things to do. Level Warlock, Priest or maybe Paladin? Or maybe finish DK and get my 3rd relic slot? Farm mats on my gatherer to boost professions? So many things, so little time. With flying I feel I can play again. Instead of mindlessly grind.
    I feel the same. A shame that developers have this moronic attitude towards flying, which was an integral part of a game since forever. Double shame that they have this exact attitude to only steal more players time, wasted on fucking terrain and dealing with absurd mob density.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    ... so what are you doing that you consider "playing" when you point your character in a straight line to the next WQ, that you couldn't do while on a flightpath ?
    You play the game by yourself instead of afking on a taxi. What's so hard to grasp here? Yes, steering your fly mount is playing the game as well. No, afking on a taxi is not.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

To be totally honest i can understand logic behind limiting flying. Blizzard is right in saying that flying trivializes quests. With flying it's sooooo easy to fly up, skip ALL obstacles (be it terrain maze, height differences or packs of trash mobs), drop on target, kill it/gather and fly back. Getting from 100 to 110 on my main took me like 2 or 3 weeks (granted I read all quests and wasn't in a hurry). With flying I got my alt from ~104 to 110 in 2 days.

With that speed it's easy to blast through entire accessible content within HOURS and then sit and qq about not having anything to do. So, on my personal POV, decision to limit flying was right. I spent more time in the world, actually saw all those stunning visuals, could appreciate graphics and all that work put towards it. But, on the other hand, I had that feeling that this whole terrain was designed as a <F-word> maze from the beginning. From obvious paths starting on the other side of a zone, mountains and large trees and bushes disallowing straight movement to those small obstacles placed EXACTLY where you wanted to skip something. And terrain level JUST BARELY higher that your jump. Tiny bit that feels like AAAAllllmost....nope. Can't go this way.

I have nothing to have flying gated. Unlocking in Draenor was great. Unlocking (in general) in Legion felt ... well, "great" is not a word that I'd use here... fitting. But the other forced ideas were bad. You want to go A-B? great, have half of the alphabet of waypoints in the meantime, in the CORRECT ORDER WE DECIDED, THE EXACTLY WAY WE DECIDED or forget getting there in this expansion. Plus already mentioned SLIGHT tweaks that force you to search another way.

THAT made flying a must. And as I wrote earlier - it didn't felt like a big thing, like "Woop,I have flying. FLYING CORAL!". It felt more like: "<F-word>, I have that <F-word>ing grind finally <F-word>ing over".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    its not how I like it, thats just how the game is and a part of the game if you dont like it go play something else. Sick of these kind of players that turn world of warcraft in a menu based instanced game.
    Perhaps you should play a different game since flying has been a core feature for 11 years... You're obviously not enjoying WoW with flying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I never said all zones had unseeable landscapes with trees everywhere. Its enough to be noticeable though.

So enjoying landscapes is fine and all, but I feel like its over exaggerated by pro-flight people to say "OMG SEE!! See how much more fun and enjoyable I am having due to flight!" Just to "prove" that flight is better for the game when it isn't.

Personally the landscape is much more beautiful from the ground than hovering above everything.
    Yes god forbid people enjoying a feature you don't like

lets have a debate
    hit & run posting lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Eeh, that's a contradiction in itself: exploring every zone is a requirement to get flying. Maybe let that artistic beauty sink in when you visited those places the first time.

I agree on alt leveling though. But that's just making content less tedious indeed, benificial but it doesn't add anything to the game.
    What contradiction? On ground you can only experience the beauty from 1 angle, with flying you have 2

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    It does feel good to finally get off the ground. I am actually considering leveling up my small army of alts now. Unlocking flying was fun in WoD, but it was old and boring in Legion.

I hope we can just pay gold (like it originally was back in TBC and WoTLK) next expansion to unlock it.
    god im so jealous - cause of my laziness in 1 day away from flying

this whole lack of flying was collosas fuck up - hope blizzard learned something from it and dont repeat this shitshow next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    I don't think he's saying he was unsubbing because of no flying, just that he was getting burned out and flying helped alleviate it a bit. Let's not get overzealous and judge people on things they didn't actually say?
    Exactly thank you! I had burn out and Flying opened up new fresh opportunity for me