Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The landscapes in Highmountain and Stormheim are super pretty, I love being able to appreciate them from whatever angle I want now.

Deleted
    yes much more. From a far everything looks better, also my wife. Don't tell her I told you haha

i have flying but strangely enough i still find myself riding on the ground

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Did it change something or same as always?
    Not since Wrath has blizzard made flying an actual enjoyable experience. And that is the major problem. You see when you have flying, you actually expand the world into multiple levels. WoW xpacks cata and forward are all very flat. Wrath was the best at this IMO, icecrownn and Storm peaks made use of flying to create multiple levels on a single area. Northrend was an amazing landscape for this reason.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Since I have flying, I am not annoyed by the landscape anymore.

Ever since I got flying I felt like I am playing the game less.

Always liked to get above some area and just chk overview. There's some areas that look awesome and you can reach or see em only if you randomly bump to them when flying around.

I don't really pay attention to it, tbh; I'm too busy going from point A to point B. If it's more than a short distance I just alt tab and turn autorun on. (Play windowed mode.)

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Did it change something or same as always?
    Hell yes it changed. I can finally skip that maze which Blizzard calls Broken Isles. Now I can focus on admiring the landscapes instead of cursing on that graphic designer who made THIS PARTICULAR RIVER BANK EXACTLY THIS HIGH SO I CANNOT JUMP OUT OF THE WATER AND NEED TO SWIM NEXT 5 MILES TO GET OUT. And Legion landscapes are full of said "tweaks". A boulder here. A root there. And this slope we will make SLIGHTLY steeper so you can't make that ONE STEP TO PASS IT.

Since flying I can admire how Val'Sharah looks like and stop worrying where a path starts so I can reach my quest area.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Like this guy.
    Just pointed out the obvious. At the moment I don't even have time for the journey between A and B so it is okay, plus I was leveling an alt and didn't want it to take longer than necessary.

The game has become a wq grind, so I appreciate how flying streamlines that process. But no, I enjoyed the landscape more riding around.

- - - Updated - - -

*except broken shore, imo flying makes that landscape look and feel better.