Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Unnecessary thread for pro fliers to just act like "oh see we're right flying is great for the game!" when it isn't.
    Yeah FUCK PEOPLE ENJOYING STUFF

I wish i could gave a weapon like a sniper rifle that allow to shoot down players flying mount. That would be fun. Just camp in the tower in dalaran and would be epic

I hope in future Blizz will make it like in Wotlk etc where we can fly immediately at max level. Personally just because of flying im logging in more now. Previously i only log in 2 raid nights a week.

Now? I can start leveling my alts, or even finish every single wq with ease!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    So pointing into a direction with flying and then AFK is somehow called playing the game?
    Where did he say he AFK whilst flying? He specifically said ' Also some of the zones look gorgeous from above.' which suggests he's playing

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I never said all zones had unseeable landscapes with trees everywhere. Its enough to be noticeable though.

So enjoying landscapes is fine and all, but I feel like its over exaggerated by pro-flight people to say "OMG SEE!! See how much more fun and enjoyable I am having due to flight!" Just to "prove" that flight is better for the game when it isn't.

Personally the landscape is much more beautiful from the ground than hovering above everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's a consumable. Didn't bother squirrelling them away.
    Ofc not. That would make too much sense and ruin your anti ground narrative.

I do have to agree with Jaylock! OMG i just said it! I Agree with Jaylock, the world is coming to a end!
    Well besides the joke i do agree that from the ground the view it's much better. Fly is just covinient nothing else.
    WQ much faster, Skip all those mobs donw there, LVL alts faster, treasure hunter 100% easier, rares hunting easier but thats it.
    It's the path of less resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Thats as bad of an argument as antifliers saying "Well they didnt take flying from old zones!"

If you are not flying when flying gets released, you are at an efficiency disadvantage to those that do fly. And efficiency is really at the heart of this. Being able to do WQ quicker, get to friends quicker, get where you want to go in the easiest way you can to accomplish the task.

At least everyone being grounded puts everyone on the same playing field. Not flying when it is available, even if you are an antiflier, is shooting yourself in the foot in terms of getting the work done.

No one is on the same playing field in the game these days.

You are saying if you are not flying then you are at a disadvantage (to those claiming you don't have to fly).
    If you have a full-time job you are at a disadvantage (you don't have to work and those who don't have more time to play).
    If you have lots of money you can buy tokens for gold/gear/runs nowadays (so that puts those who do not at a disadvantage).

Amongst other things this game peaked when flying was a natural part of it (not a later added on achievement). The game designers have done a horrible job (other than the whistle) of making zones fun to travel around in without flying (like in vanilla) and have done a horrible job enhancing the game for flying (other than it just being a means to travel quickly).
    Etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post

You are saying if you are not flying then you are at a disadvantage (to those claiming you don't have to fly).
    If you have a full-time job you are at a disadvantage (you don't have to work and those who don't have more time to play).
    If you have lots of money you can buy tokens for gold/gear/runs nowadays (so that puts those who do not at a disadvantage).

Amongst other things this game peaked when flying was a natural part of it (not a later added on achievement). The game designers have done a horrible job (other than the whistle) of making zones fun to travel around in without flying (like in vanilla) and have done a horrible job enhancing the game for flying (other than it just being a means to travel quickly).
    Etc etc etc.
    WOW peak was because it was The Lich King expansion!

Yeah i am enjoying the WQs better and doing ones I dont usually do cos they were annoying to get to on ground mount. Do old raids too and it helps get to them faster

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Yeah i am enjoying the WQs better and doing ones I dont usually do cos they were annoying to get to on ground mount. Do old raids too and it helps get to them faster
    Old raids?
    Now you lost me! What legion flight has to do with Old raids?

Yep. Flying has made the game more enjoyable for me. I can actually be bothered to level alts now.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unlocked Legion flying today and not only has it made WQs less tedious but I have also found WoW 10x more funner! I was on the verge of unsubbing till 7.3 but now I have flying I can truly enjoy the artistic beauty of the zones and explore! Not to mention I can now RP in new places, help friends easier and level alts with less tedium. Who else feels the same
    and you couldn't do all of this without flying?......

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post

Etc etc etc.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I don't want flying.
    I'm saying that telling someone to not fly when flying is available is a bad argument for flying.
    And I understand that there are other efficiency disadvantages out there. But to be told "well if you like ground mounts just use them" is the same as saying "Don't value the time you are given". If everyone has to be grounded, it means that you and I have the same limitation. If everyone is flying, you and I have the same advantage.
    Its just a bad argument.

And I think that with 7.3 Blizz has a big opportunity to make flying required to get around Argus. A shattered world makes perfect sense that you need flying to get to places.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Beauty of the zones? Heck even The Secret World's zones still look better than WoW's new zones, and that game still looks the way it did in 2012.

Hasnt for me never will dont care
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Absolutely love flying. Even when I did the mage tower challenge, just being able to fly around Broken Shore and loot chests got me like 7k nethershards in about 30 mins, so that was a really nice way to relax a bit in between attempts.

Flying has made the game fun for me again

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unlocked Legion flying today and not only has it made WQs less tedious but I have also found WoW 10x more funner! I was on the verge of unsubbing till 7.3 but now I have flying I can truly enjoy the artistic beauty of the zones and explore! Not to mention I can now RP in new places, help friends easier and level alts with less tedium. Who else feels the same
    It's better with flying, yes.
    It came too late however and it's rather pointless now.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post

And I think that with 7.3 Blizz has a big opportunity to make flying required to get around Argus. A shattered world makes perfect sense that you need flying to get to places.
    No way! What would all those people who haven't tried to get flying since they don't like it at all? Oh... wait... the hypocrites were the first to get it themselves.

They love it and they know it. Still going to be a few days for me, but I can't WAIT...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm simply pointing out that Blizzard has made it so that flight doesn't actually do anything besides cut down on the tedium of doing tasks that you've already done to get flying in the first place.
    Been like that since TBC. Get with the times.

If you already enjoyed doing those things then flying doesn't really add anything besides making them take less time.
    Don't tell me what I can and can't find enjoyable. Yet again you're projecting.

But if you didn't enjoy those things and we're only doing them to get flight, then what did flying actually do for you now that you have it? Are you going to fly faster to things you don't really want to do in order to get things you already have?
    I enjoyed them before flight and I enjoy them more after flight. Why do you have this concept of misery and tedium being the only avenues before flying? It's incredibly sad.