Quote Originally Posted by CoreDk View Post
    What important char you u think gonna die this season of game of thrones?
    Arya hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as those spoilers arent real..

Deleted
    Game of Thrones Season 7: Official Tease: Sigils.

GameofThrones
    Mar 9, 2017

#GoTS7 begins 7.16.17 on HBO.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It could go either way. At this point I think it's clear that things will play out differently in the books to how they'll play out in the show...and the writers of the show do often indulge in blatant fan-fiction at times. Jon and Dany getting together and living happily ever after, though, would be a horrific ending for a setting that has killed off many interesting characters for the sake of realistic consequences yet inexplicably left those two alive throughout.
    Inexplicably, though? I mean granted, they're both alive now. But someone has to live. And Jon('s body) straight up died.

I do agree that happily-ever-after seems too neat. I also think D&D will make a ham of it, so we'll see where it goes.

Deleted
    Game of Thrones Season 7: Long Walk - Official Promo (HBO)

GameofThrones
    Mar 30, 2017

Game of Thrones Season 7 premieres 7.16.17 #GoTS7

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Game of Thrones Season 7: Long Walk - Official Promo (HBO)

GameofThrones
    Mar 30, 2017

Game of Thrones Season 7 premieres 7.16.17 #GoTS7

Now if only i had a time machine...

Deleted
    What Throne does Dany sit on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    What Throne does Dany sit on?
    Probably the one at Dragonstone.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Best Margaery cosplay Ever <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    Best Margaery cosplay Ever <3

She also has something of Catlyn. A young Catlyn Stark.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    Probably the one at Dragonstone.
    Looks like pieces of a ship...hmmm...Dragonstone was where Robert's father died when his ship sank just before making it to the harbor, could be that..so had the father lived then Robert wouldn't have been sent off n met Ned Stark n instead would have been loyal to the Targaryens like his family was for generations? So the seven kingdoms went to hell because the Baratheons are drunks at sea?

10+ Year Old Account
    This was really eye opening. I always suspected there was something more to Joffrey...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    This was really eye opening. I always suspected there was something more to Joffrey...
    Valar Bonaeris

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's interesting. The "valonqar" prophecy doesn't specifically refer to her younger brother; just a younger brother. That could be Jon, though, choking out a woman doesn't seem like his style - he's all about honor. It could also be the hound that kills her. If the battle of the Cleganes happens and the Hound wins, Cersei would then be sentenced to death, which could be by the hounds hands (another younger brother).

Also, gender is not implied in valonqar, so it's possible it could be a female with older siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Also, gender is not implied in valonqar, so it's possible it could be a female with older siblings.
    Sansa Arya Dany hell just about any named female(or male) who has an older sibling could be it, I know it wont be him but i kind of want Jon to go full badass and strangle her to death when she inevitably backstabbs the anti whitewalker alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Sansa Arya Dany hell just about any named female(or male) who has an older sibling could be it, I know it wont be him but i kind of want Jon to go full badass and strangle her to death when she inevitably backstabbs the anti whitewalker alliance.
    Yeah. While I mentioned it could be a female, I still think it would be the most poetic if Tyrion or Jaime did it (albeit most predictable).

Could the books/show end with Tyrion as King?

I don't mean could they in the story line sense, I mean given how dark the show/book is would that make for too saccharin of an ending.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's interesting. The "valonqar" prophecy doesn't specifically refer to her younger brother; just a younger brother. That could be Jon, though, choking out a woman doesn't seem like his style - he's all about honor. It could also be the hound that kills her. If the battle of the Cleganes happens and the Hound wins, Cersei would then be sentenced to death, which could be by the hounds hands (another younger brother).
    I disagree on a certain level with the over-generalization of the valonqar prophecy. However, that's not really important in this case and you folks are getting off into the weeds.

For the purposes of Cersei's behaviour, (which is what the conversation was about), the only important thing about the prophecy is Cersei's interpretation of it. And it's pretty clear by her behaviour who she thinks it is. The thesis of the other poster was that Cersei was sexually jealous of Sansa and Margaery being with her sons. Frank and I felt that there were far stronger reasons, most notably that she's paranoid about a younger "most beautiful Queen" who would "take all you hold most dear" as well as her children whose death was also prophesied.

I think folks make a bit too much of her incest sometimes. Which sounds hilarious to say without context. Lancel was clearly a means to an end (and not technically incest by our world's standards). Even her relationship with Jaime wasn't really about actually loving him. I don't think she wants to shag her children on some subconscious level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Could the books/show end with Tyrion as King?

I don't mean could they in the story line sense, I mean given how dark the show/book is would that make for too saccharin of an ending.
    I think he may end up a particularly powerful / trusted hand, assuming he survives. I don't think he would accept the crown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Yeah. While I mentioned it could be a female, I still think it would be the most poetic if Tyrion or Jaime did it (albeit most predictable).
    Narratively it's lining up as Jaime.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2017-04-18 at 12:22 PM.

I think Tyrion as King would be considered a "happy ending" and I highly doubt GoT would end that way.

Is anyone else not looking forward to the new season of the show? I'm dreading seeing which way they take it. I'll still watch it, though, unlike the latest season of TWD. Sometimes I feel these shows get too big and then they have to meet a general quota of what brings the masses back to them for their continued success.