Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is the Legionfall campaign gonna get interesting at some point?

So far I have 8 out of the 15 story points checked.

1. Armies of Legionfall
    I don't remember what this was.

2. Assault on Broken Shore
    Probably the scenario

3. Begin Construction
    Probably some quest to interact with the table.

4. Aalgen Point
    This was just one Breadcrumb quest.

5. Vengeance Point
    Another Breadcrumb quest + killing some mobs at the flight point, nothing else.

6. Defending Broken Isles
    Doing an invasion

7. Champions of Legionfall
    Doing your class quests.

8. Shard Times
    Literally one quest to hand in 2500 shards and get back 2499 cause Khadgar is weird.

Now I think the Broken Shore scenario, the invasions and especially the class quests are a fair bit of content. But I think it's a bit dishonest to label a simple Breadcrumb quest to a flightpoint as a whole chapter. And I don't understand what the point of this week's quest is. I mean the quest text was funny, I think it was a callback to one of the Legendary ring quests from WoD where Khadgar wanted a weird number of something, was it Apexis crystals? But beyond that, there's no point to this quest. Easy 1500 rep I guess. But is there gonna be an actual story unfolding over the next weeks or is this it?

I mean if the bulk of the content in 7.2 is the class quests, I'm ok with that, but then stop pretending that there is a story unfolding over the weeks on the Broken Shore, in the same way that there was for Suramar. Because this ain't it.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-04-18 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post

8. Shard Times
    Literally one quest to hand in 2500 shards and get back 2499 cause Khadgar is weird.
    And gives 1500 rep for faction, just for those, like me who need that extra little push for flying activation.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So far we had only two story quests: intro scenario and class campaign chapter (+invasions have some story). Yeah, this week was very strange, they should merge this quest with something in next week. If 9-15 chapters will all be story focused, we will get total 9 story chapters - same as Insurrection.

The story at Broken Shore feels underwhelming in comparison to the Insurrection campaign. At least there you felt like a bit of story happened every week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    And gives 1500 rep for faction, just for those, like me who need that extra little push for flying activation.
    Yeah, that's great, but still doesn't make it interesting content.

The one today really killed any hope I had for the patch. The mount stuff might be interesting .. a tiny bit at least. But still a long ways off :/.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    The story at Broken Shore feels underwhelming in comparison to the Insurrection campaign. At least there you felt like a bit of story happened every week.
    Also this. I was actually interested in the Nighthold open quest chain, this one so far is just.. lame.

"Shard Times" is really a new low. We shall see if it continues on this level.

Deleted
    Where are all those Blizzard defenders who said having this joke of a story stretched out for 12 weeks was justified?
    This gating just masks the fact that there is barely any quality content in this "biggest patch of all time".

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Where are all those Blizzard defenders who said having this joke of a story stretched out for 12 weeks was justified?
    This gating just masks the fact that there is barely any quality content in this "biggest patch of all time".
    Hi.

"Game sucks no content!!1one"

But you're still playing, right?

Checkmate.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    In fact i would dare say it is the only legit reason for doing the quest.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    This week is shit, but last week they released 12 new story chapters - I'm still doing those. And if you don't like 7.2 content, nothing keep you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Hi.

"Game sucks no content!!1one"

But you're still playing, right?

Checkmate.
    This statement is really quite silly. I'm in the same boat but I've played the game for like 6+ years and have a lot of friends I raid with. That is why I stay, not because of any of the content and I'm sure a lot of people are in the same situation.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    This statement is really quite silly. I'm in the same boat but I've played the game for like 6+ years and have a lot of friends I raid with. That is why I stay, not because of any of the content and I'm sure a lot of people are in the same situation.
    So no matter what they do side-content wise (outside of leveling/raids) you, and many like you, will stay subbed and play?

Sounds like you're all trapped :P No reason to complain in the end if you stay around regardless of change. Idk
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Broken Shore is a snoozefest and nerfed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    This week is shit, but last week they released 12 new story chapters
    This is a meme right? I feel like this is a meme.

Statistics show most people stick to one or two characters. At MOST they released about an hour of content for the average player. AT MOST. Its been that way pretty consistently since this shit started.

Honestly this week says something to me that the others didn't. Something changed during development AGAIN. I don't know what but a quest that requires you to gather grindy materials? Totally 100% this was intended to be a gate in and of itself originally to prevent you from continuing so quickly. They just nerfed the fuck out of it and left it in and called it content.

I really don't know how ANYONE can defend the decisions they have been making this patch. I was pretty down with Legion back in August and I settled down on my pessimist attitude but this shit is out of hand. Its as bad as WoD. I said it.

Deleted
    So no matter what they do side-content wise (outside of leveling/raids) you, and many like you, will stay subbed and play?

Sounds like you're all trapped :P No reason to complain in the end if you stay around regardless of change. Idk
    It should be your responsibility to keep the developers on their toes and make them regret shipping this aberration of a patch. Conformism spells doom with patches like this, regardless if I am still raidlogging or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    So far I have 8 out of the 15 story points checked.

1. Armies of Legionfall
    I don't remember what this was.

2. Assault on Broken Shore
    Probably the scenario

3. Begin Construction
    Probably some quest to interact with the table.

4. Aalgen Point
    This was just one Breadcrumb quest.

5. Vengeance Point
    Another Breadcrumb quest + killing some mobs at the flight point, nothing else.

6. Defending Broken Isles
    Doing an invasion

7. Champions of Legionfall
    Doing your class quests.

8. Shard Times

Now I think the Broken Shore scenario, the invasions and especially the class quests are a fair bit of content. But I think it's a bit dishonest to label a simple Breadcrumb quest to a flightpoint as a whole chapter. And I don't understand what the point of this week's quest is. I mean the quest text was funny, I think it was a callback to one of the Legendary ring quests from WoD where Khadgar wanted a weird number of something, was it Apexis crystals? But beyond that, there's no point to this quest. Easy 1500 rep I guess. But is there gonna be an actual story unfolding over the next weeks or is this it?

I mean if the bulk of the content in 7.2 is the class quests, I'm ok with that, but then stop pretending that there is a story unfolding over the weeks on the Broken Shore, in the same way that there was for Suramar. Because this ain't it.
    Do you ever stop whining?

For me, yes, that is true. I'll stay until the end likely. I personally get WoW for free so it's not a huge deal for me. Either way though, it is a good idea to complain and voice frustrations in the hope that something will change for the better.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Also this statement is silly.

"I dont wanna play it because content sucks but i stay to play with friends" to play what? rp? no the content.

So it seems that the content people dislike is indeed enjoyable when with friends.

Paint me surprised

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    This is a meme right? I feel like this is a meme.

Statistics show most people stick to one or two characters. At MOST they released about an hour of content for the average player. AT MOST. Its been that way pretty consistently since this shit started.

Honestly this week says something to me that the others didn't. Something changed during development AGAIN. I don't know what but a quest that requires you to gather grindy materials? Totally 100% this was intended to be a gate in and of itself originally to prevent you from continuing so quickly. They just nerfed the fuck out of it and left it in and called it content.

I really don't know how ANYONE can defend the decisions they have been making this patch. I was pretty down with Legion back in August and I settled down on my pessimist attitude but this shit is out of hand. Its as bad as WoD. I said it.
    I'm talking about myself, I was levelling 2 characters per month since Legion launch, so I can do all unique content on them. Alt isn't huge time investment if you don't care about AP and legendaries.

And I you think that WoD with 2 (let's be generous) content patches is same as Legion (while we waiting for 4th content patch - and there will be at least 2 more), well, you just sound stupid.