Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Which still means nothing. Nobody pays Gearbox attention anymore now that Borderlands is old news and people aren't going to stop using G2A.
    So to you a AAA dev killing a new partnership bc "some youtuber" was going to boycott covering thier games means nothing. K good to know where you stand on that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manster View Post
    This isn't even an argument, It's my opinion. I don't ever think it's ok say something like that especially when you are a public figure.
    That's because you are a special snowflake, words esp words online don't hurt anyone. "Get cancer and die" is just the same as go die in a fire and "I fucked your mom" It's all in jest and part of the community.

John Bain is a totalcunt, I enjoy their Totalbiscuit content though (Unlike them I can deal with people who have differing political opinions) . After his meltdown against his wife for not voting clinton..

He has done a lot of good for the gaming community though (See G2A/Gearbox)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    At least he isn't exchanging good reviews, from those games and companies he bashes and, sometimes, completely sabotages out of principles, for sex.
    Ba dum tish, bruh~
    Pssssst... you were lied to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope he recovers from it. I used to follow him on YouTube years ago, but not anymore. Still, it's sad to hear people suffer from these types of things.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2017-04-18 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Pssssst... you were lied to.
    Not lied to... but clearly cheated out of a sweet deal! And I don't mean the review!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, hm... Yay! He's back to chemo!
    Or what?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

What is there to say really? Hes basically just fucked then? I can't imagine what stress that puts on the brain, knowing that you effectively have like 1-3 years to live.. it would be bad enough if you were a loner, but this guy has kids and a wife. He must feel like fucking shit 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of ironic how someone who wished death upon others from various diseases is now dying from one himself.

Oh well, best of luck John..

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    He's a Gamergater. Why would I feel bad for a raging misogynist?
    First, because you're wrong - and gamergaters aren't misogynists.

Second, because you don't have the mental age of a 7 year old, and feel sympathy for people with terminal diseases, even if they commit the crime of disagreeing with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    That's because you are a special snowflake, words esp words online don't hurt anyone. "Get cancer and die" is just the same as go die in a fire and "I fucked your mom" It's all in jest and part of the community.
    Firstly,''I fucked your mom'' and ''get cancer and die'' are on two totally different levels but w/e. I know that that stuff is normal but still does not make it ok. I'd think less of a random peron saying it and TB is not an expection.

What has he done exactly? I want to know precisely what his "influence" has changed.
    If we take just recently, he was involved in the G2A and Gearbox thing, where he made Gearbox ultimately pull out of the deal. Slightly before that, he went to Valve HQ as a consultant to the new "steam direct" system and generally on how the store is run, visibility of games and such. Looking back a bit, he was the one that revealed that Warner Bros were paying "reviewers" on youtube to only make positive videos about Shadow of Mordor, and if they did not agree, they would not get a review copy, aka they could not play the game before launch. Only reason why he can do that, is because he has an audience, and because of his audience he got influence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Second, because you don't have the mental age of a 7 year old, and feel sympathy for people with terminal diseases, even if they commit the crime of disagreeing with you.
    Nobody here seems to care for all the suffering in this world - only a thread like this makes them care for a minute. That's the hypocrisy that comes with these threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    That's really shitty, game industry really needs people like him.

Should keep this on FB/Twitter. I'm sure not everyone knows who he is or, really cares.

Babies get cancer and die, being a YT personality doesn't entitle your case to more attention or sympathy.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    oh, so you read some articles and suddenly you became a cancer expert? the next thing you tell me is that people don't need vaccination or that aids is a lie? jesus christ.
    Immunotherapy is a new method of treating cancer that was used on Jimmy Carter to put his cancer into remission. I'm not saying not to use Chemo, I'm just saying that I wish they pushed for immunotherapy to replace Chemo.

Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2017-04-18 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    So to you a AAA dev killing a new partnership bc "some youtuber" was going to boycott covering thier games means nothing. K good to know where you stand on that.
    All that proves is that a company that has done nothing noteworthy in recent years is desperate but smart enough to realize that a nobody with mindless followers could potentially cause them to lose what few sales they'll make.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    In this day and age It's so hard to believe someone over the internet because there's been so many cases of people faking shit to get views / further their career. Like I legit don't believe this guy at all thanks to all the morons out there who've been faking it.

I used to watch his videos for Planetside 2 but that's all I can remember when it comes to this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    That is more or less why "gamergate" started... someone posted a review, giving it a controversially high score and positivism, and it was then found out that he was banging the developer of said game, but had made no disclosure that he had a personal relationship with the developer. So many called it inappropriate for this not to be disclosed and that he reviewed the game at all.
    Oh yeah, I remember those MS paint conspiracy theory graphics. Rofl.

Gamergate started because a man child publicly bitched about his ex, who happened to be a bit social justice conscience. 4chan virgins saw this as an opportunity to get rid of the undesirables in gaming, so they launched harassment campaigns against every "SJW" they could find.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Let me guess, you probably also believe misandry isn't a thing...
    Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Gamer gate had nothing to do with misogyny, unless you believe we were actually pissed at that group because they were women. In which case you're an idiot.
    They were pissed because they talked about social justice. And harassing and intimidating women is easier, you know rape threats etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    If we take just recently, he was involved in the G2A and Gearbox thing, where he made Gearbox ultimately pull out of the deal. Slightly before that, he went to Valve HQ as a consultant to the new "steam direct" system and generally on how the store is run, visibility of games and such. Looking back a bit, he was the one that revealed that Warner Bros were paying "reviewers" on youtube to only make positive videos about Shadow of Mordor, and if they did not agree, they would not get a review copy, aka they could not play the game before launch. Only reason why he can do that, is because he has an audience, and because of his audience he got influence.
    Or Gearbox decided to do that themselves because social media pressure is a very real and unpleasant thing. Oh good, so we have him to blame for how abysmal Steam is. That's good to know. Okay, and revealing that accomplished what? Nothing? Huh. What a surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or Gearbox decided to do that themselves because social media pressure is a very real and unpleasant thing. Oh good, so we have him to blame for how abysmal Steam is. That's good to know. Okay, and revealing that accomplished what? Nothing? Huh. What a surprise.
    No. They literally asked TB why it was a bad idea. They had meetings where TB argued the case.