Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ah, this OP and one of these usual threads.

Neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Legion is a good expansion, the best one we've had in a while. But even then they're losing subs, it's not because the game is bad but rather that people are tired of the same old stuff. I notice there's a new trend going on that people from WoW in particular are now playing the older mmos that were pronounced dead a while back.

TSW, Wildstar, ESO, GW2, and I'm probably forgetting some but all these games are seeing a sudden boost in their population.
    I recently tried TSW and Wildstar and there's suddenly so many people in these games now.
    Wildstar is also seemingly doing better now compared to a while back.

Haha, it is so sad seeing people defending their WoW addiction. Many players have left, the game sucks now. Sometimes I think of going back but I come here read the patch notes, read threads, watch a few YouTube vids and am like, Nope, game is still bad.

@OP. One thing about MMO-C is that for the most part only dedicated players come here. They will try and defend their addiction to continue to play this shit game no matter what evidence you show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Would you mind breaking it down a bit Osmeric? You are really quite good at this sort of thing.
    Let's look at this graph

http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

Activity for either faction is well above the low floor set at the end of WoD. It's down from the post-Legion release peak, but for 2017 it's steady or even rising.

If you go back to the class activity graph then druid activity now is twice what it was during the late WoD doldrums.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Legion is a good expansion, the best one we've had in a while. But even then they're losing subs, it's not because the game is bad but rather that people are tired of the same old stuff. I notice there's a new trend going on that people from WoW in particular are now playing the older mmos that were pronounced dead a while back.

TSW, Wildstar, ESO, GW2, and I'm probably forgetting some but all these games are seeing a sudden boost in their population.
    I recently tried TSW and Wildstar and there's suddenly so many people in these games now.
    Wildstar is also seemingly doing better now compared to a while back.
    Im sorry but Legion is not a good expansion. The way its going, its very likely to end up being WoWs worst expansion.

Im seeing a ton of people everywhere so that graph is kinda rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Haha, it is so sad seeing people defending their WoW addiction. Many players have left, the game sucks now. Sometimes I think of going back but I come here read the patch notes, read threads, watch a few YouTube vids and am like, Nope, game is still bad.

@OP. One thing about MMO-C is that for the most part only dedicated players come here. They will try and defend their addiction to continue to play this shit game no matter what evidence you show.
    Geez dude. What is worse? Playing a game that sucks or being on a forum dedicated to said game that you don't play and talking about it? I know which one it is...I think you do too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Let's look at this graph

http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

Activity for either faction is well above the low floor set at the end of WoD. It's down from the post-Legion release peak, but for 2017 it's steady or even rising.

If you go back to the class activity graph then druid activity now is twice what it was during the late WoD doldrums.
    So basically this would mean the OP was fudging numbers to fit his agenda and picked a bad graph on purpose?

I do like seeing that druids are being played more though.

- - - Updated - - -

Im sorry but Legion is not a good expansion. The way its going, its very likely to end up being WoWs worst expansion.
    How would you know? You don't even play the fucking thing.

In my opinion its the best xpac theres ever been. There has never been more to do. My guild hasnt lost any raiders at all and im seeing just as many players everywhere so why should I care about what some possibly entirely inaccurate graph shows?

Casual guild raiding is in a very good place right now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am not going to agree or disagree with the information but my personal feelings is that I hope people do leave and give them a much needed wake up call with all of these really unpopular decisions they have been making recently. I feel like they don't even play the damn game and realize how frustrating the game can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Activity levels are collected by players with an add on.

This is almost universally only downloaded and used by hardcore players on large realms, the sort of player who logs on to raid. If hardcores aren't playing as much then it will show lower numbers but it doesn't mean much.

Theres plenty of servers that don't even have any data recorded.
    This.

Creaming your pants at the thought of WoW doing badly based on skewed and unofficial numbers =/= reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Im seeing a ton of people everywhere so that graph is kinda rubbish.
    CRZ. If this didnt exist, even more people would quit from their ghost realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This.

Creaming your pants at the thought of WoW doing badly based on skewed and unofficial numbers =/= reality.
    Just log in and see how bad it is. 7.2 is crap. The story and gating is nothing like IoT, MF or Insurrection. The island is nothing like IoT, TI or even Tanaan.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    My friends' list is scarily empty now, like 2-3 at any one time on average, and it's almost full. Very depressing.
    And my friends list is more active than ever, along with my guild.

Anecdotal evidence is fun!

Geez dude. What is worse? Playing a game that sucks or being on a forum dedicated to said game that you don't play and talking about it? I know which one it is...I think you do too.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically this would mean the OP was fudging numbers to fit his agenda and picked a bad graph on purpose?

I do like seeing that druids are being played more though.

- - - Updated - - -

How would you know? You don't even play the fucking thing.
    I played through M ToV so I recently quit. I mainly come to MMO-C to look at Off-Topic/Other games forums.

Also, thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Well CRZ does exist so there are people out there to do things with.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Just log in and see how bad it is. 7.2 is crap. The story and gating is nothing like IoT, MF or Insurrection. The island is nothing like IoT, TI or even Tanaan.
    Bitch to someone who gives a shit, I'm enjoying the game just fine.
    And my server and guild are as busy as ever, which is what matters in the end.

I played through M ToV so I recently quit. I mainly come to MMO-C to look at Off-Topic/Other games forums.

Also, thanks for proving my point.
    That you are here bitching about WoW despite not playing it? Point proven I guess? Know what I do when I stop playing something? I stop going to places I used to visit for information. This sure doesn't look like the off-topic forum now does it?

Deleted
    Warcraftrealms was correct all the time during MoP and WoD!!!!
    All this spam of no sense comparison is pure autism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Bitch to someone who gives a shit, I'm enjoying the game just fine.
    And my server and guild are as busy as ever, which is what matters in the end.
    Right? It seems like the goal is to make other people playing WoW miserable lol.

Right? It seems like the goal is to make other people playing WoW miserable lol.
    Yeah, it's as if they can't stand this idea that they stop enjoying the game but others keep on enjoying it...
    When I've stopped enjoying games, I have moved on. These people seem to have this need to stick around and try to get confirmation in their misery.