Fatal Echoes bug hotfix. (Affliction 17/4)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Affliction
    Fixed a bug causing the proc chance of Fatal Echoes (Artifact trait) to be quadrupled by Reap Souls. It is now doubled, as intended.
    Fixed a bug causing the proc chance of Sweet Souls (Artifact trait) to be quadrupled by Reap Souls. It is now doubled, as intended.

Can't call it a nerf if it was a bug. But this should significantly tone down our Single Target damage.

Anyone else knew about this bug?

Deleted
    didnt know this was a bug, would be nice to know since when it was buggy.

Probably since forever, getting double resets on UA was far more common than it should be, this should explain why. And Healthstones working like Lay on Hands also. Shame they didn't look to buff non-affli HS/pots as our growing healthpools makes them more and more useless but oh well.

it equates to about a 5% nerf. We'll still be the greatest just not by such a margin I think anymore. Outside of the aoe obviously.

I lose roughly 60k single target dps with this hotfix.

- - - Updated - - -

Before the fix :

After the fix :

- - - Updated - - -

With this fix demonology will be the best single target in turret bosses i guess

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    I lose roughly 60k single target dps with this hotfix.

- - - Updated - - -

Before the fix :

After the fix :

- - - Updated - - -

With this fix demonology will be the best single target in turret bosses i guess
    Those numbers show top end you lose only 38k dps, not 60k.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Those numbers show top end you lose only 38k dps, not 60k.
    I was simming 930k dps, more than this sim thats why i increased the dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    I was simming 930k dps, more than this sim thats why i increased the dps loss.
    Then its safe to say if you were doing more than the 901 on the top list, then you should do more than whats listed on the bottom list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Then its safe to say if you were doing more than the 901 on the top list, then you should do more than whats listed on the bottom list.
    Yeah he seems to screws numbers. Perhaps he simmed an other fight length, other Talents, different Action priority list. We dont know. It is easy to screw things.

I noticed a difference immediately in game. This along with the Soul Conduit nerf is going to keep Aff in line. My guess is this bug has been in game for a long time. And they probably knew about it but didn't fix it until AFF dmg was so high.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    it equates to about a 5% nerf. We'll still be the greatest just not by such a margin I think anymore. Outside of the aoe obviously.
    Aff was never great in aoe. Spellblade is THE aoe fight of nighthold and affliction barely manages upper middle of the pack.

Aff aoe is only good when you can cheese soul flame. Seed of corruption is a terrible spell.

So uh. Whats going on with the other hotfix note?

Sweet souls doesn't have a proc chance, it is 100% deterministic.

So did they 'fix' a different trait, or use the wrong words to 'fix' sweet souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Joryy View Post
    So uh. Whats going on with the other hotfix note?

Sweet souls doesn't have a proc chance, it is 100% deterministic.

So did they 'fix' a different trait, or use the wrong words to 'fix' sweet souls?
    Copy Pasta probably but sweet souls was definitely changed

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Copy Pasta probably but sweet souls was definitely changed
    Yeah, it used to nearly full-heal you depending on your health pool.

Now its barely noticable over not having it up.

I liked having another full health bar in pvp x)