Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Everybody panic! Women and children, head for safety!

I have played this game since vanilla. Legion is BY FAR my favorite expansion. I'm having a blast every time I log on. If you're not, that's unfortunate, but rather than spend your time talking about it on a non-Blizzard site, why not send your feedback somewhere it actually matters.. like to Blizzard. Alternately you could just quit and find something more enjoyable, but who are we kidding here.. you're not going to quit. Complaining is just enough of scratching that itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    WoW is dying the slowest death I've ever seen. It's been 13 years of dying.

Get a grip people, people saying that we are at 2.5 million subs? Yeah, sure.

Call me when you have official numbers.
    You no longer get thoes as they had to hide them due to low player count a few years back.
    It's unlikely that WoW has as many as 2.5 million right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The rng complaint is typically not legit though. Its usually a very thinly veiled request to return back to the wod model of raid logging inside your garrisom cause the rest of the game is worthless.
    I think that's unfair.

The problem with double-random rewards (it probably started in Mists) is that they're far more frustrating than they are inspiring. It used to be the case that you did something, you hoped for the reward, and that was your dice roll. Now, it looks a lot like:

1) You do something, and hope for a reward.
    2) You hope the reward has a titanforge/proc.
    3) You hope the titanforge/proc is one you want.
    4) You hope the item is an upgrade.

When you apply this across the game, ad infinitum, and allow players no way of influencing the dice roll so that most rewards get disenchanted or vendored, you build an entirely disposable reward vehicle where the right reward doesn't feel special, it feels like a relief. Seeing your bonus roll system deliver yet more disposable gear that you could plug into an alternative character, but can't, lessens the overall value of any of these items.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You no longer get thoes as they had to hide them due to low player count a few years back.
    K? So what? If that is true and it has less than 2.5 million players I'm still having a good time. Once I stop having a good time in the game I'll go do something else. Is there some moral victory to win when you think WoW is in a bad enough state?

Fuck this expansion really. Some stuff is amazing but the lazy designed grinds and layers upon layers of rng is horrible (really like wf/tf tho)
    "Your spells have a chance" " You have a chance to get more ap" "you have a chance to get more nethershards" "you have a chance to get a legendary"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    K? So what? If that is true and it has less than 2.5 million players I'm still having a good time. Once I stop having a good time in the game I'll go do something else. Is there some moral victory to win when you think WoW is in a bad enough state?
    Thank you. This is the perfect response to this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I think that's unfair.

The problem with double-random rewards (it probably started in Mists) is that they're far more frustrating than they are inspiring. It used to be the case that you did something, you hoped for the reward, and that was your dice roll. Now, it looks a lot like:

1) You do something, and hope for a reward.
    2) You hope the reward has a titanforge/proc.
    3) You hope the titanforge/proc is one you want.
    4) You hope the item is an upgrade.

When you apply this across the game, ad infinitum, and allow players no way of influencing the dice roll so that most rewards get disenchanted or vendored, you build an entirely disposable reward vehicle where the right reward doesn't feel special, it feels like a relief. Seeing your bonus roll system deliver yet more disposable gear that you could plug into an alternative character, but can't, lessens the overall value of any of these items.
    Yeah I mean I kind of LIKED being able to choose some items I got through the justice badge system or reforging items to try and get a bit more stats I did want on an item. I wish crafting was way better than it is so there would be something to work towards. It is a bit TOO much on the RNG side of things now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Why? Because he desperately tries to find things to discredit a site that was 100% correct during MoP and WoD?

Lol Dude
    Ok, want proof it is wrong?

Total Characters: 943
    Total Alliance: 943 - 100%
    Total Horde: -

On Darksorrow-EU, one the the realms where I play horde, and I'm not the only one

oops?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Fuck this expansion really. Some stuff is amazing but the lazy designed grinds and layers upon layers of rng is horrible (really like wf/tf tho)
    "Your spells have a chance" " You have a chance to get more ap" "you have a chance to get more nethershards" "you have a chance to get a legendary"
    See, here's the problem... in one breath you hate those RNG elements, in another you say you really like the Titanforged system. There are throngs of people who hate the Titanforged system, but love other aspects of RNG. Put simply, you can't please everybody... Blizzard is trying their damnedest to cater to all types of players and in some respects they're doomed to fail. The thing is.. I'm still having fun, so they're still getting my money. I imagine the game will continue on this trajectory until there aren't enough people like me having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    Thank you. This is the perfect response to this nonsense.
    Probably the response they hate seeing the most: "I am having fun with the game."

"How dare someone have fun in WoW I'm going to shit all over it in the forums RAWR!" is what most of the hate posts boil down to. Some of them actually DO have legit complaints about the game and ideas to try and improve the game, sadly most of those get drowned out by posts that hate on the game, laugh at the number of players, make fun of players still playing the game and so on.

I rarely see anyone trying to score a victory regarding this topic, as you so eloquently put it.

People are stating what they see, with the available tools they have access to.

Please, do proceed on taking personal offense and feel the need to personally defend the situation though. It amuses me.

It's a pretty good indication though. Most players are not having a good time.
    What you think doesn't really matter here.

No ones gaining anything by Legion being a bad expantion. Well, maybe competitor but players and Blizzard would be better off if the devs actually put some effort into the game and stopped lying to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    See, here's the problem... in one breath you hate those RNG elements, in another you say you really like the Titanforged system. There are throngs of people who hate the Titanforged system, but love other aspects of RNG. Put simply, you can't please everybody... Blizzard is trying their damnedest to cater to all types of players and in some respects they're doomed to fail. The thing is.. I'm still having fun, so they're still getting my money. I imagine the game will continue on this trajectory until there aren't enough people like me having fun.
    *nods* I just wonder if they'll be able to find the sweet spot that makes more people happy. I just think there is a few TOO many RNG layers on top of one another right now. Be it because of legendaries or titanforging or whatever is the cause. But like you say I'm happy with the game, I love the raiding and M+ has been exactly what I wanted to make dungeons relevant again. So they get my money just because of those 2 things alone.

It doesn't have to report every fucking realm.

Again it was correct 100% of the time during MoP and WoD without covering 100% of all realms. You blizzard boys really need to learn about statistics.
    This may very well be right, but there is no real trend atm. If we get consecutive points of downward movement, then it will be more valid as significant dip. IMO there will prob be a slight bump up next report, but if it does gown down again, I'd probably have to agree with you.

Assuming the site still has sample numbers similar to what it had in MoP and WoD for it to be as accurate.

*edit*
    WRONG. They released that legion had 10 million subs at the beginning of legion and look how warcraftrealms showed that!
    IIRC that was in an interview to a foreign press that loosely translated a bad mistatement from Tom Chilton before he left. It was quickly rebuffed by Blizzhq as inaccurate.
    -link-
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2017-04-18 at 02:35 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You do not know any of those things, it's speculation, pure and simple.

They said that they stopped using sub number because it did not took into account micro transactions and that is, above all, a meeting for shareholders. In fact, in the last quarter analyzed, the numbers of MAUsA grew by 20% since the legion launch.

It may have dropped since, but you got nothing to prove it but a site that is extremely unreliable and that has several server missing from it's database.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I rarely see anyone trying to score a victory regarding this topic, as you so eloquently put it.

People are stating what they see, with the available tools they have access to.

Please, do proceed on taking personal offense and feel the need to personally defend the situation though. It amuses me.
    Feel free to provide more commentary directed to me. I will file it under the "Things to take very serious" header. I have an opinion, you have one. Simple as that. Don't like it? Too fuckin' bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The rng complaint is typically not legit though. Its usually a very thinly veiled request to return back to the wod model of raid logging inside your garrisom cause the rest of the game is worthless.

Theirs a real solution to rng that doesnt involve gutting the rest of the game. Put the gear on a fucking vendor. I suspect that would not be enough for most of the people complainig about rng.
    Of course it would, but it wouldn't up the number of hours the compulsive gamblers play trying to fill out the last few slots via slot machine. Putting in time for a guaranteed reward is apparently an alien concept to the Blizzard devs. If only they got paid that way as well...

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    mobs scaling on item level is just so huge lie from blizzard that i can't support game anymore after lies like that
    That was pretty much reverted and makes no difference im 890 and crushing everything.

Deleted
    As much as it might seem that all I can do is whine, I am very optimistic somehow about 7.3 because 7.2 has all the traits of a filler patch for me. And I hope this means the end of expansion time will not be like it was with the previous four expansions. Maybe this is the price for not having a year-long content drought at the end?