Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    WOLTK enhance shaman was the ultimate player experience. lol That burst and complex rotation, playing the spec now was so boring I switched to another class.
    i did like wrath enhance, it was 2nd to only feral in complexity, but its burst you speak of was tied to T10 that made sham rage a dps CD and maelstrom giving AP bonus. besides that it was underwhelming performance wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgekhan View Post

2 .Replace" Voodoo Totem" with "Fist of Stone" (stuns target for 5 secs, melee range, 30 secs cd)
    Capacitor totem exists and is arguably better than your suggestion.

How about actually fixing voodoo totem? When an enemy re-enters the hexing area they don't get hexed...
    HEROES NEVER DIE

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    WOLTK enhance shaman was the ultimate player experience. lol That burst and complex rotation, playing the spec now was so boring I switched to another class.
    What exactly was complex about Wrath Enhance :/ I played it and was always near top of DPS without much complexity at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    What exactly was complex about Wrath Enhance :/ I played it and was always near top of DPS without much complexity at all.
    it didnt have a set rotation like every spec besides feral. with how CD on abilities lined up, SS debuff expiring, lightning sheild consumption and how maelstrom was generated, your rotation would change every few seconds. it was pure planning and priority, if you prioritized the wrong ability it would effect your dps greatly. and as your haste went up, your priorities would change
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-17 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgekhan View Post
    My wish list for Enh shaman

PvP

1. "Glyph of Water Walking" (when u cast Ghost Wolf gain Water Walking)

2 .Replace" Voodoo Totem" with "Fist of Stone" (stuns target for 5 secs, melee range, 30 secs cd)

3. "Astral Shift" (reduces damage taken by 50%, can be used while u lost control of your character, lasts 10 secs, 1min cd)

4. "Hex" (instant if u have 20 maelstrom)

5. "Feral Lunge" (applies frostbrand weapon, 15 secs cd)

PvE

1. "Boulderfist" (make it baseline ablity)

2. "Lava Lash has 20% chance the trigger Stormbringer. PvE set 4 pieces." (make it baseline ability)

2. Increased AoE damage
    Everything is wrong in your post... Do you even play enhancement? Or pvp?

The only thing you got right was to make boulderfist baseline

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    it didnt have a set rotation like every spec besides feral. with how CD on abilities lined up, SS debuff expiring, lightning sheild consumption and how maelstrom was generated, your rotation would change every few seconds. it was pure planning and priority, if you prioritized the wrong ability it would effect your dps greatly. and as your haste went up, your priorities would change
    That wasn't exactly complex though. Since having a simple checklist in my mind of what was higher priority became basically second nature after the 2nd week of playing it.

Though I can understand how people in this community could find that complex.

Yeah, I agree. I think a lot of players confuse having lots of buttons with complexity. "Busy" is probably a better word to describe WotLK Enh since you had to fill every possible GCD with one of the 13 tickle buttons you had. I enjoyed it back then because it was so different from other specs of the time but it was hugely flawed and def not the "ultimate player experience".

Just to step in here for a brief moment as one of the authors of the post;

Firstly, I think the two points they identified truly are core issues of the spec. Boulderfist and Rockbiter have a perception issue, they aren't particularly different by design but people want to prescribe differences to them, so consolidating them to one ability and differentiating them by a passive talent is a good idea - that removes that issue entirely in a graceful way.

Secondly, and more importantly, is Tempest. It's hard to articulate the real issue with Tempest and we tried earnestly to give a reasoned explanation in the original feedback post to do so, but it's a very elaborate issue that exists in the spec. Effectively, Tempest doubles down on Stormbringer RNG that, whilst it may not be obvious, is absolutely limiting the current design space for the spec. It's exacerbated by the sheer weight of other mechanics linked to triggering Stormbringer (Wind Strikes, Unleash Doom, Stormflurry, Windfury), and that Stormstrike is also interestingly the most effective tool for triggering them. Having that double, triple or even quadruple dip in one single completely random ability leads to Tempest being so absurdly valuable that it becomes a problem.

Whilst I know the general answer is usually "bring the other talents up, not this one down", I think in this case as we explained there, this is unique. It causes a lot of issues that have already with the space of a single tier exemplified the dreaded "scaling" issues that often rear their heads, and if it continues to exist we will end up in the limbo of WoD where it's a bi-annual SS/LL buff to bring us back to effectiveness for a month and then back to trailing the bottom. This wasn't an agenda piece to get the spec to play how I - or any others who wrote it - want, granted, we even fed back that the spec played well during Beta. The point is that right now there is a legitimate mechanical and design issue inherent in the class and whilst Tempest isn't the sole reason, it is a large contributor.

I thought the talents to be pretty balanced before we acquired the Nighthold set.
    Problem is that, with the artifact traits of our weapon, we're only forced to a build around SS RNG and without maelstrom or cd management.
    Plus we do not have an aoe rotation, unleash doom can boost the dps but we should have a different way to play when we want to do aoe.

The ToS set will add a new buff to keep up so this will surely mean bye bye Akainu Hailstorm. With the recent buff to windsong, I guess we're closer to a state where every first row talent is viable.

But still no nerf to lightening surge totem...

And the last talent row is still a joke. Either change Ascendance to give you abilities to spam brainlessly (for a 3min cd there is no shame in that) or remove it. Remove Landslide and make it a passive buff to keep up once you reach a certain character level. And add real abilities to our rotation inside this row so we actually have something meaningful to change in our current gameplay.

Another problem is that, we are doing ok or should I say, we are not miserable in MM+, but only because we have something around 1min wolves thanks to CoF trinket.
    Take that away and we're back to being useless. We don't have enough sustainable dps without wolves and not enough burst with them, yes we clearly lack of dps ^^

As for pvp, our healing capacity/survivability compared to other classes isn't strong enough, I don't think we are that bad currently and this problem might just go away through the new artifact points but this is months from now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like enhancement got a 4% buff to all baseline abilities, boulder fist, windsong, and lightning shield
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Honestly I am unsure if anything they have mentioned beyond Rockbiter gameplay on LIVE bothers me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Looks like enhancement got a 4% buff to all baseline abilities, boulder fist, windsong, and lightning shield
    2.8% buff. If i look at Warcraftlogs, it isnt enough to bring enhancer to midpack. Still worst overall melee dps.

Nur better than nothing...

Deleted
    Thank you for this guys.

I really hope they will make this spec work and it will be valuable spec in raid and myth+ groups, and most important - fun to play again.
    Would also welcome some utility ("we have shaman, thats great" - something).

That wasn't exactly complex though. Since having a simple checklist in my mind of what was higher priority became basically second nature after the 2nd week of playing it.

Though I can understand how people in this community could find that complex.
    it wasnt hard for ppl, but for the time, it was complex for WoW. the only other class that had a priorty list was feral, and theres was more convoluted. all other dps had a strict rotation no matter how their gear changed

Deleted
    And it isnt even 4% buff to Part of our damage. They increased the Aura from 21% to 25% (125/121=3.3% increase) and it affects about 65 to 75% of our damage.

So for a HH+HS + Akainu Build it is only only 2.2% buff, about 10-18k dps gain, depending on gear
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-04-18 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    And it isnt even 4% buff to Part of our damage. They increased the Aura from 21% to 25% (125/121=3.3% increase) and it affects about 65 to 75% of our damage.

So for a HH+HS + Akainu Build it is only only 2.2% buff, about 10-18k dps gain, depending on gear
    Currently not at home, so have not yet simmed it myself. Does it positively affect the BF+AS build more than the AkainuHH Build? Making them on par? Or are they evenly boosted?

if they make boulderfist base line, they need to scrap fury of air or redesign it. i think it would be better to make it a longer CD AOE burst instead of a maelstrom drain, because with a 6 sec cd on our main generator i just dont see it being feasible to keep it up. or they could get rid of it and replace it with fire nova, again it could be a longer CD big AOE burst to compliment crash lightning and our cleave. this way, if a fight calls for aoe burst we have a talent to switch to. they should also redesign crashing storm to compliment a more single target approach. as for empowered storm lash, just bring back stormlash totem

if they make boulderfist base line, they need to scrap fury of air or redesign it. i think it would be better to make it a longer CD AOE burst instead of a maelstrom drain, because with a 6 sec cd on our main generator i just dont see it being feasible to keep it up. or they could get rid of it and replace it with fire nova, again it could be a longer CD big AOE burst to compliment crash lightning and our cleave. this way, if a fight calls for aoe burst we have a talent to switch to. they should also redesign crashing storm to compliment a more single target approach. as for empowered storm lash, just bring back stormlash totem
    Bringing back stormlash totem, hell no! I hated to use a GCD to build up like that in MoP, especially in pvp situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Bringing back stormlash totem, hell no! I hated to use a GCD to build up like that in MoP, especially in pvp situation.
    its still far far better than empowered stormlash

its still far far better than empowered stormlash
    Yes and that's exactly why it was taken away, because it was too strong and raid absolutely needed a sham for every encounter for that big dps. They managed to make it a good passive, don't focus too much on asking to revert some good work