The 4.3 arms rotation was pretty good. The only problem was how reliant we were on tentacle procs for good dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Conniption View Post
    And the bottom line is, for Arms, blizzard seems intent on making the harder spec the most lucrative spec in terms of DPS.

Maximum DPS requires proper prioritization and macros, but most importantly -- strong intuition for every situation, which only comes with skill and practice.

Is it okay that blizzard will actively choose to make the most difficult Arms spec that only appeals to certain appetites, the highest performing? Well for me, yes since I love FR so much!
    I wonder what kind of dps could be pulled with a min/max OP,MC,DC,AM build. I would like to see what's the actual difference is in dps. If you can pull 700k in 900 ilvl gear that's ok, because a 900 ilvl FR build can pull 775k. You need around 600k to kill heroic Gul'dan, and I just don't know a 75th % warrior pull that off in 900 ilvl gear.

Macros should not be required to do maximum dps, that is one of the problems with the spec. I can understand having macros to make certain things easier or more customized for your feel of the game, but when it requires macros the line has been crossed. I have seen some of the macros before made by high end raiders, but the normal heroic raider is not going to have any idea how to write them or how they work. I can understand a level of complexity that some players like such as old school feral, but even then macros were not needed to pull of maximum dps.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2017-04-14 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    I wonder what kind of dps could be pulled with a min/max OP,MC,DC,AM build. I would like to see what's the actual difference is in dps. If you can pull 700k in 900 ilvl gear that's ok, because a 900 ilvl FR build can pull 775k. You need around 600k to kill heroic Gul'dan, and I just don't know a 75th % warrior pull that off in 900 ilvl gear.

Macros should not be required to do maximum dps, that is one of the problems with the spec. I can understand having macros to make certain things easier or more customized for your feel of the game, but when it requires macros the line has been crossed. I have seen some of the macros before made by high end raiders, but the normal heroic raider is not going to have any idea how to write them or how they work. I can understand a level of complexity that some players like such as old school feral, but even then macros were not needed to pull of maximum dps.
    The problem with builds not running FR is that you rage cap outside of execute range, arms needs a rage dump and FR is the only option we have. I'n regards to macros they will only drag you down. If you want to perform the 90APM arms rotation at a 95th percentile you're going to have to do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    The problem with builds not running FR is that you rage cap outside of execute range, arms needs a rage dump and FR is the only option we have. I'n regards to macros they will only drag you down. If you want to perform the 90APM arms rotation at a 95th percentile you're going to have to do it yourself.
    Can you not slam your way out of being capped? There seems to be so many ways they could easily make other builds attactive. Espcially in AoE situations.

Macros have always been an advantage and thus required for max dps - just maybe not with every class or spec. It's not intuitive at all and the learning curve is steep, I totally agree, but it has been a sort of an "elitist DPS" feature since the game first came out. Personally I enjoy using macros but I can understand the desire not to use them. I could even see where it might be easier for Blizzard to balance specs and classes without macros being in the game, but pulling them at this point would cause a lot of people to freak out.

Is this trash spec any good on mythic+?in my opinion and i mention,its a pice of trash spec,f wasted 2 months on this "spec",sweping strike range is garbage as the talent himself.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wladimir89 View Post
    Is this trash spec any good on mythic+?in my opinion and i mention,its a pice of trash spec,f wasted 2 months on this "spec",sweping strike range is garbage as the talent himself.
    do you have KJBW and WOTE? no? dont bother

Bladestorm is too weak and cd is too big,should be 1min maxim.Anyway most of the groups decline me.

Which macros do you mean and where could i find those macros? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by Rangatira View Post
    Which macros do you mean and where could i find those macros? Just curious...
    There aren't any macros needed to play Arms at a perfect level. The arms compendium only has four macros and they are mostly for convenience. Some people that are fine with playing on a suboptimal level used to macro Slam and FR together cuz they had the prenerf gloves. But that is no longer feasible.

There aren't any macros needed to play Arms at a perfect level. The arms compendium only has four macros and they are mostly for convenience. Some people that are fine with playing on a suboptimal level used to macro Slam and FR together cuz they had the prenerf gloves. But that is no longer feasible.
    Macroing your opener of Focused Rage + Battle Cry + Avatar + Mortal Strike, is absolutely required. It becomes super important when you factor in Draught of Souls.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

if thats your opener your doing it wrong. read the sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    Macroing your opener of Focused Rage + Battle Cry + Avatar + Mortal Strike, is absolutely required. It becomes super important when you factor in Draught of Souls.
    That is still only a macro for your own convenience, all those things could be bound seperatly and pressed at the same time. It is also not very advanced

That is still only a macro for your own convenience, all those things could be bound seperatly and pressed at the same time. It is also not very advanced
    If you bind them separately you introduce latency between ability uses, it's less of a big deal currently but when we're back to the situation of the 5 second battle cry window with a breakpoint at around 22-23% (or 20% in a world of zero latency) you're literally trading the difference between fitting in 4 or 5 abilities within Battle Cry at that haste threshold, macros of this kind become a requirement in achieving optimal dps in such situations, it's a big difference.

We don't have that kinda haste with current itemisation and gearing (and the 5s window is less important due to 7s BC), but any time we are near a haste breakpoint (and there are a few), we risk losing dps by not having these macros, the same goes for Fury. Pretty much if you don't have them and you are pressing things manually and separately (even while attempting to sync them at the same time) you're probably losing dps quite often.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-04-18 at 03:17 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If you bind them separately you introduce latency between ability uses, it's less of a big deal currently but when we're back to the situation of the 5 second battle cry window with a breakpoint at around 22-23% (or 20% in a world of zero latency) you're literally trading the difference between fitting in 4 or 5 abilities within Battle Cry at that haste threshold, macros of this kind become a requirement in achieving optimal dps in such situations, it's a big difference.

We don't have that kinda haste with current itemisation and gearing (and the 5s window is less important due to 7s BC), but any time we are near a haste breakpoint (and there are a few), we risk losing dps by not having these macros, the same goes for Fury. Pretty much if you don't have them and you are pressing things manually and separately (even while attempting to sync them at the same time) you're probably losing dps quite often.
    I'm not saying these macros are useless, i do use similar macros myself. But people just stated earlier in the thread that there are next level advanced arms macros IE TBC BM hunter macros required to play arms, and that they were unhappy with that.

I'm not saying these macros are useless, i do use similar macros myself. But people just stated earlier in the thread that there are next level advanced arms macros IE TBC BM hunter macros required to play arms, and that they were unhappy with that.
    Well they aren't required, but lets also not be misguided in thinking that they don't provide an advantage. Whether or not they are advanced is pretty irrelevant really. Back in EN times when I was still playing I remember a friend constantly talking to me about not being able to match my numbers at his ilvl, I told him to use these macros and the next week he was banging out 95-99% logs because suddenly he's fitting in 1 more GCD to every BC and reduced error ratio.

Sometimes that's all it takes.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-04-18 at 04:56 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Further arms nerfs. Kek.

Anger Management (Arms) Every 10 Every 20 Rage you spend reduces the remaining cooldown on Battle Cry by 1 sec. and Bladestorm by 1 sec.

Anger Management (Fury, Protection) Every 10 Every 20 Rage you spend reduces the remaining cooldown on Battle Cry, Last Stand, Shield Wall, and Demoralizing Shout by 1 sec.

Dauntless Your abilities cost 20% 10% less Rage. Arms Warrior - Level 15 Talent.

Fervor of Battle Whirlwind deals 45% 80% increased damage to your primary target. Arms Warrior - Level 45 Talent.

Focused Rage Focus your rage on your next Mortal Strike, increasing its damage by 30%, stacking up to 3 times. Unaffected by the global cooldown. Arms Warrior - Level 75 Talent. 150 200 Rage. Melee range. Instant. 1.5 sec cooldown.

In For The Kill Mortal Strike refunds 30 40 Rage when used against targets that are below 20% health. Arms Warrior - Level 75 Talent.

Rend Wounds the target, causing [ 108% of AP ] Bleed 280% of weapon damage) Physical damage instantly and an additional [ 5 + 111.8% of AP ] Bleed damage over 15 sec. Arms Warrior - Level 45 Talent. 100 Rage. Melee range. Instant. 200 Rage. Melee range. Instant.

Titanic Might Increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 16 8 sec, and reduces its cooldown by 8 sec. Arms Warrior - Level 90 Talent.

Arms
    Cleave (Arms) Strikes all enemies in front of you with a sweeping attack for (90% 110% of weapon damage) Physical damage.

Cleave (Fury, Protection) Strikes all enemies in front of you with a sweeping attack for (90% 110% of weapon damage) Physical damage.

Colossus Smash Smashes the enemy's armor, dealing (202% 222% of weapon damage) Physical damage, and increasing damage you deal to them by 15% for 8 sec. Warrior - Arms Spec. Melee range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown. 20 sec cooldown.

Execute Attempts to finish off a foe, causing (162% 202% of weapon damage) Physical damage, and consuming up to 10 additional Rage to deal up to (162% 202% of weapon damage) additional damage. Only usable on enemies that have less than 20% health. Warrior - Arms Spec. 100 Rage. Melee range. Instant.

Mortal Strike A vicious strike that deals [ 0.633 * 327% 392% of weapon damage or 0.024 * Level * 327% of weapon damage + 0.511 * 327% of weapon damage or 327% 392% of weapon damage + 0.511 * 392% of weapon damage or 392% of weapon damage ] Physical damage and reduces the effectiveness of healing on the target for 10 sec. Warrior - Arms Spec. 200 Rage. Melee range. Instant.

Slam Slams an opponent, causing (226% 305% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Warrior - Arms Spec. 200 Rage. Melee range. Instant.

Whirlwind Unleashes a whirlwind of steel, striking all enemies within 8 yards for (183% 225% of weapon damage) Physical damage. Warrior - Arms Spec. 250 Rage. Instant.
    Looks like they're trying to rein in FR
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    they should just remore FR at this point...

what an abomination of a spec did FR turned arms into

Hard to say what the result of that'll be just looking at it, but instinctively feels like a small further nerf, though more importantly making the spec waaay clunkier again : /