Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wow, this is so insane, I hate this fight, especially with the low healing we receive.

So finally did this after 50 attempts, fatigue, angry mode, blocked interrupt attempts which imo should be fixed however what I noticed is wait for a few seconds for shield to be down before you using pummel.

Nuke all adds, Whirlwind like crazy with battle cry and OF when multiple imps are up. Prior over Big imps then move to shield.

Do not have any imps up. I didn't even bother fearing, just focus nuke them they die in a few secs.

I used Wildfowl, rune and flask.

Legendaries were wrists and Neck as you need to reheal constantly through fight. Trinkets were 855 ilevel strenght/mastery and mannoroth trinket

I had 897 ilevel. I just kept whirlwinding everything inside when battle cry was up. Nuking agatha is only important the last 5% but still focus adds.

To save dpsing the imps that drop the debuff onthe ground go to the side and let them hit u, its a waste of dps attacking them. Also piercing howl the imps on p2 when you change platforms.

Just did it with 900 ilvl equiped, pyrdaz+whirlwind belt.

Just ignore the big imps, if only 2 are up and nuke them together with the small imps. bc+bt+of+ww+ww.....
    bolders > all, they killed me on my 21%, 12%, 5% trys, the always sneak in your back or fall right onto you.

took me like 30-40 trys in total, totally worth it, nice challenge, hope they add more like this in the game.

does anyone have a nice aquamarine warri transmog?

Did it on Friday on my warrior, 904 equipped with manacles+sephuz combo. Used wildfowl omelet for that encounter. Used war machine, shockwave and furious charge, rest is standard build. Fearing first pack of 2 imps and 1 exploding gives you extra 8 seconds burn on boss at the pull, then you can shockwave/piercing howl them. I used fear shout on cd on channeling imps to buy myself more burn time on the boss. Sephuz worked miracles for me in that encounter, i do not have ww belt. Dodge bolders and kite exploding imps if possible or stun them if they are detonating - keep area near Agatha as clean as possible for maneuvers.

Just found out that if the command center is up and you have the ally buff, you get assistance inside the scenario. helped me complete it at 895.

So far what I found works for me. Is the exploding dude, don't try and kill him. Kiting him around and WW'ing costs a ton of dps time on the boss. So I take him to a spot to explode at. Then I kill the two healers, but only on a full rage bar, so I can take one down easy. Then get a full rage bar again and take out the second one. Then use cd's and aoe all the adds when they spawn. This is all in phase 1 which takes me 2 to 3 minutes. I start off prepotting and using a heroism pot.

So on the pull pre pot + hero pot. Aoe the first set of adds down, switch to first healer while still having hero up. Then charge to the second one, usually at this point my BC is up again while hero still has 6 seconds or so left. I'm able to take out the second healer, then get back on boss. Usually I have him to 70% by the time the next healers come out. While hero is up, I just kill the exploder since its just faster. I can get to 50% nearly every time unless something stupid happens. But it took over 60+ pulls before I had all this down like clockwork.

But during boulder phase you get bad rng on add placement can really cause a wipe or failed interrupt. Unfortunately I had to put the whole game on hold just to try to kill her. Best thing is just go full time on her ass. Reason I started to kill the healers was later in the fight just fearing them cause too many to be up at once. So just killing them didn't make me have to micromanage them.

Oh when he's close to 50% I'll stop dps or slow dps so I can kill the next set of healers. I always want to go into phase 2 with no healers up. This gives me a lot of single target up time, and knowing I won't have to deal with 4 healers later on.

I'll have a video of phase 1 soon. I didn't get phase 1 down like this till well after 60 attempts when everything else I tried wasn't working well. It didn't even occur to me that using a full rage bar on the healers till around 70+ attempts. Sometimes I'll just charge to the second healer after the first. And before anyone asks I've used fear stuns, etc. But what I have now works well for me

Phase 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECh72zbG5Sk
    Last edited by galvin; 2017-04-16 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Am getting her to 30ish% fairly often, but then I get fucked by a stray Fuming Imp that ruins everything. I hate these little bastards so much. Best try is at 15%, then stray boulder when every movement ability in on cooldown -_-.

901 equipped usually, 896 thanks to using Gronntooth Warhorn and Convergence of Fate. I'm now acing phase 1 with a couple tips;

-I kill one Servant per wave and leave the other alive. It gives me the buff from War Machine + Warhorn + Wildfowl, and you easily outpace the healing given by the other Servant.

-If possible I try to keep a Smoldering Imp alive with each mass summon she does, to kill later for the reason stated above; moar buffs.

-Incoming damage isn't very high so long as you don't mess up. So I'm not sure you absolutely need a survival legendary, I have Prydaz and it's honestly more than enough.

-Fuming Imps are annoying as fuck, like I said. In phase 1 I just kite them to one of these nooks around the lava pools and Leap out since you don't need Leap otherwise.

-Intimidating Shout can be a double edged sword; yeah, it makes Imps run. But running Imps don't bunch up for a juicy OF. Make sure you don't make an Umbral Imp run away!

-In phase 2, leaving Servants alone if possible, then slowing them with Piercing Howl when she teleports works wonders.
    I recommend to fear both healer imps of every second set, i.e. the first 2 that spawn, the 3rd pair, the 5th etc.
    Also try to deposit fuming imps just besides agatha with a small space for you to stand to melee agatha. Be sure to cast 1 WW around 60 % of the fuming imp explosion cast so that you get War machine procced.
    I never had a blocked interrupt. I thought the same in the beginning but later found out that I always had at least 1 umbral up.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    So far what I found works for me. Is the exploding dude, don't try and kill him. Kiting him around and WW'ing costs a ton of dps time on the boss. So I take him to a spot to explode at. Then I kill the two healers, but only on a full rage bar, so I can take one down easy. Then get a full rage bar again and take out the second one. Then use cd's and aoe all the adds when they spawn. This is all in phase 1 which takes me 2 to 3 minutes. I start off prepotting and using a heroism pot.

So on the pull pre pot + hero pot. Aoe the first set of adds down, switch to first healer while still having hero up. Then charge to the second one, usually at this point my BC is up again while hero still has 6 seconds or so left. I'm able to take out the second healer, then get back on boss. Usually I have him to 70% by the time the next healers come out. While hero is up, I just kill the exploder since its just faster. I can get to 50% nearly every time unless something stupid happens. But it took over 60+ pulls before I had all this down like clockwork.

But during boulder phase you get bad rng on add placement can really cause a wipe or failed interrupt. Unfortunately I had to put the whole game on hold just to try to kill her. Best thing is just go full time on her ass. Reason I started to kill the healers was later in the fight just fearing them cause too many to be up at once. So just killing them didn't make me have to micromanage them.

Oh when he's close to 50% I'll stop dps or slow dps so I can kill the next set of healers. I always want to go into phase 2 with no healers up. This gives me a lot of single target up time, and knowing I won't have to deal with 4 healers later on.

I'll have a video of phase 1 soon. I didn't get phase 1 down like this till well after 60 attempts when everything else I tried wasn't working well. It didn't even occur to me that using a full rage bar on the healers till around 70+ attempts. Sometimes I'll just charge to the second healer after the first. And before anyone asks I've used fear stuns, etc. But what I have now works well for me

Phase 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECh72zbG5Sk
    Your tactic about first healers is wrong.

After many wipes cause of my own stupidity and lack of sleep i can easily tell you that the easiest way to do P1 is:

Fear the first set of healers, explode the imp somewhere at the side while still nuking the fuck out of her, depending on tries i got her anywhere from 58-65% before umbrals spawned, then you cleave everything down together with BC+OF and a few WWs.

Fearing the first set of healers means using her as a target and fearing right in the middle of them to have them run backwards, they will never do anything after that than right click you till you cleave them down.

Sometimes i even feared the fuming and simply run in circles around her till umbrals spawned and cleaved them down all together.

2nd healers if you actually do damage you will either push the phase around there or a few seconds after, you can ignore them and nuke her to push the phase, piercing howl them and cleave them down with BC+OF when the next imps spawn, the Umbral/Smoldering/Fusing combo, after that its just Piercing Howl everytime she jumps around and a fear along with a BC+OF combo and they are all dead, in pretty much every single try the second imps came at 50-51.5%, i simply pushed her and Piercing Howled them.

When i actually killed her my try was so perfect i had 95% HP left with not a single imp alive, but that was because i wiped so many times i learnt by heart what she will do at any moment, i think when i killed her she didnt even spawn the 5 imps combo cause i was too fast, around 1mil DPS while my previous tries with all sorts of tests and stuff i was wiping at 1-5% at 6 imps spawning.

All my tries after i read about the Omelet buff were below 10-5%, i only kept dying cause panic and stupidity.

There are a few things that make the fight easier that you need to learn:

Spiced Omelet is a must, 10% haste if you are undergeared is godly.

Fear every second set of healing imps, if 1 bugs out just kill it quickly.

Fuming imps can be ignored in P1, drop them somewhere at the side, maybe all together even better, but in P2 it can cost you a lot cause their slime slows you a lot, covers the ground of the Fel Lava effect and her purple effect making you take a ton of damage cause you cant see it at times.

What i found out to be good with fuming imps is to drop them at the corners, risky cause of rocks but doable, if you do it you have nothing to care for.

Did it with 895 equipped cause of Gronntooth with bracers+ belt but i did have death and glory which obviously once you get it the fight becomes that much easier cause you literally destroy the imps much faster.

What i learnt from the fight:

First smoldering imps cleaved down with BC+OF, i tried to leave one at 1-3% (depends how they spawn, this is easy or hard as fuck, you want them spawning at a bad place ) to refresh my War Machine.

Fear the first set of healers/explode fuming at the side while cleaving her or simply fear it too.

If fuming was feared just explode it after to get the War Machine buff and have even bigger burst.

Let the healers melee you, wait for Umblars, BC+OF everything, and nuke the hell out of her, simply just DPS over the shield and interrupt her.

Depending on your DPS/How well you did she is anywhere between 50-55% by then, most of my tries she was at 50-51% and i simply pushed her while the second imps healed her.

Piercing Howl second imps, dodge fire, nuke her asap, wait for imps, cleave them with BC+OF and a few WWs, burst her to 35% so she will teleport away, Piercing Howl imps.

Always watch out for Fuming imps in P2, its better to lose 2 seconds of DPSing to make sure it doesnt explode under her but near some corner than randomly die cause you get a 2mil combined damage in less tha 2 seconds cause you cant see grounds affects, Fel Lava in P2 hurts a lot too, not the boulder, the green circle coming from the room

ETc etc, its literally a learning and deciding when to do what that can make it easier.

BC+ OF should only be used at set of imps, everyone knows that, nowhere else, i wiped many times cause i panicked and used it at 5-10% to execute her only to get outplayed by shield, or shield + umbrals or anything of that short, simply dont, save BC+OF for imps.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-17 at 02:47 AM.

Yeah, I cannot stress enough that it's mostly a learning experience. You will wipe at first. Once you start getting your timings down, know what imps will spawn when, and learn how to deal with the various add types, you should see some steady progress. Then it's just a matter of keeping a cool head and not tunneling the boss and/or panicking.

Basically, if you can make it to 50% with little/no adds up consistently, the hardest part is behind you. You only need to learn the boulders and it's in the bag.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This fight is so damned stupid. I gave up after >120 trys and will do it never again.
    I wiped like 20-30 times because of my own mistakes (at first because of learning the fight, then some because of failures of my own).
    The other 100+ trys where just because of bugs and annoying things of the fight.
    I had nearly every try with at least one blocked/parryed or whatever kick on her.
    Imps spawning right at the bolder drop location (do i get oneshotted by a boulder or twoshotted by firebolt imps ... mh ... tryed both :P)
    Imps jumping out of OF in the last second,
    Imps standing so far apart that you can't hit every Imp with OF and/or WW which then takes a lot of time to kill all the Imps,
    exploding Imps spawning right on top of me and exploding instantly,
    bad enrage luck and so not killing the healing imps for a long time -> she gets healed a lot,
    sometimes horrible view of where the boulders come down,
    bringing her to 75% or just barely 85% before the first shield,

I can't remember one single fight where i had not at least one single issue.

I made it once to ~12%. She teleported, spawned imps, i had to run over, wanted to BC+OF, had to replace myself because of porting far away of the imps -> fuming imp spawns on top of me and explodes instantly -> i am in the pool on the side, had to swim/run out and got shot by the firebolt imps or so because it took way to long. Additional 4 healing imps where up because it took so long ...

This fight is an absolut mess and has just a tiny bit to do with skill (learing which imp does what and how to handle them). The hugh part of this fight is just pure luck.
    Welcome to rngcraft.

The same shit like legendarys and warforged/titanforged.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    This fight is so damned stupid. I gave up after >120 trys and will do it never again.
    I wiped like 20-30 times because of my own mistakes (at first because of learning the fight, then some because of failures of my own).
    The other 100+ trys where just because of bugs and annoying things of the fight.
    I had nearly every try with at least one blocked/parryed or whatever kick on her.
    Imps spawning right at the bolder drop location (do i get oneshotted by a boulder or twoshotted by firebolt imps ... mh ... tryed both :P)
    Imps jumping out of OF in the last second,
    Imps standing so far apart that you can't hit every Imp with OF and/or WW which then takes a lot of time to kill all the Imps,
    exploding Imps spawning right on top of me and exploding instantly,
    bad enrage luck and so not killing the healing imps for a long time -> she gets healed a lot,
    sometimes horrible view of where the boulders come down,
    bringing her to 75% or just barely 85% before the first shield,

I can't remember one single fight where i had not at least one single issue.

I made it once to ~12%. She teleported, spawned imps, i had to run over, wanted to BC+OF, had to replace myself because of porting far away of the imps -> fuming imp spawns on top of me and explodes instantly -> i am in the pool on the side, had to swim/run out and got shot by the firebolt imps or so because it took way to long. Additional 4 healing imps where up because it took so long ...

This fight is an absolut mess and has just a tiny bit to do with skill (learing which imp does what and how to handle them). The hugh part of this fight is just pure luck.
    Welcome to rngcraft.

The same shit like legendarys and warforged/titanforged.
    There's a small amount of RNG to this fight (and none of it would actually prevent anyone from completing it), but you're really spending too much time putting blame into the fight and not looking at what you might be doing wrong. If this fight was purely luck, more skilled players would not have completed it and the lesser skilled players would have the appearance. It requires skill. You may not have enough of it, but it most certainly does. Requires you to understand how your talents and abilities work. Requires you to understand how the mechanics work and how not only to properly execute them but to consistently distinguish which mechanics are needed to be followed at a given time. You just don't have a raid behind you to bail you out of your mistakes so mistakes are something that can't really afford to happen. Once you have your own rhythm of the fight it becomes much easier.

It took me about 15-20 tries max at 890 ilvl to get my own rhythm. The last ~6 of those consistently getting to Phase 2 and a couple of those were jumping into it blindly when the tower first went up last time. I only had prydaz and no healing bracers. In those attempts I can't say anything stood out in particular as a bug. Pretty much every death I had was on me though I had a deaths due to charge taking a weird angle probably due to the terrain and putting me in the way of a boulder.

Also, "bad enrage luck" shouldn't really be a thing. That's why we have BC, Rampage, and FS.

Frankly though, if you're still having trouble after 120 tries then I'm most definitely convinced that the problem is on the player and not the challenge. Perhaps maybe there is even a mechanic that you're missing?
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-04-17 at 01:28 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    There's a small amount of RNG to this fight (and none of it would actually prevent anyone from completing it), but you're really spending too much time putting blame into the fight and not looking at what you might be doing wrong. If this fight was purely luck, more skilled players would not have completed it and the lesser skilled players would have the appearance. It requires skill. You may not have enough of it, but it most certainly does. Requires you to understand how your talents and abilities work. Requires you to understand how the mechanics work and how not only to properly execute them but to consistently distinguish which mechanics are needed to be followed at a given time. You just don't have a raid behind you to bail you out of your mistakes so mistakes are something that can't really afford to happen. Once you have your own rhythm of the fight it becomes much easier.

It took me about 15-20 tries max at 890 ilvl to get my own rhythm. The last ~6 of those consistently getting to Phase 2 and a couple of those were jumping into it blindly when the tower first went up last time. I only had prydaz and no healing bracers. In those attempts I can't say anything stood out in particular as a bug. Pretty much every death I had was on me though I had a deaths due to charge taking a weird angle probably due to the terrain and putting me in the way of a boulder.

Also, "bad enrage luck" shouldn't really be a thing. That's why we have BC, Rampage, and FS.

Frankly though, if you're still having trouble after 120 tries then I'm most definitely convinced that the problem is on the player and not the challenge. Perhaps maybe there is even a mechanic that you're missing?
    With death & glory this will become 100% easier if you don't have tons of gear. If you don't like ramming your face against it over and over make sure you get that first. Unless you have awesome gear then you can still do it easy. You just need the burst to be able to get all the imps down and its ez.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    @Arbiter:
    I knew, that i would get an answer like that. Believe what you want, but there is huge amount of rng involved in this fight.

The fight mechanics are not hard at all.
    Don't get hit by a boulder, kill all imps asap, kick Agatha.
    You can kite the exploding Imps to a save zone, so you don't waste dps on them.
    You do have BC+OF up for every Umbrall Imp/Smoldering Imp spawn.
    Thats more or less everything.
    Use the WW belt and bracers as legys.
    Take War Machine (lot of targets to kill -> buff is up a lot), Wrecking Ball (lot of targets at once and supports even more the WW Belt), Furious Charge (extra heal), Shockwave (Stuns for the healing imps/expoding imps)

Now the fight.
    Prepot, Charge, BC, Rampage, OF, WW, BT -> oh wait, one of the imps didn't die - again - from this combo, so switch to this imp. Oh, you don't have enrage/crit luck, you spend "a lot of time" on this imp.
    Exploding Imp is up
    -> it spawns right on top of you and explodes instantly -> gg (pool right in your moving path)
    or
    -> kite it to a side so you don't have to bother with it -> it's right on top of you -> no, it doesn't start to explode, it just jumps happily around you, because it is not bugged at all -> lost time -> gg

Healing Imps come in, kill them, switch to Agatha

First shield comes up and the boss is somewher between 75-88%. No, there is not any sort of luck involved, if i get the boss sometimes to 75%, and sometimes barely to 85% ...

This mess goes on until 50%

Depending on "how good you play", you have some Imps up or not when she ports. You can put on piercing howl on them and have some free time with Agatha.

Now the boulders start to drop. The best position for you is between Agatha and the middle of the room because there you can actually see, where the boulders roll, because you can barely see, where they drop.
    The imps spawn. Right at the position where the boulders drop -> gg
    A kick - again - didn't work (and the buff already is higher so she does even more dmg with Agathas Fury)
    Exploding Imps jump happily around you and doesn't want - again - explode where you kite them, besides the one, that exploded instantly below you
    Healing Imps come in.
    You pop your BC and the imps teleport so far away form each other, that you can't hit all of them at once and have manually switch to some

So tell me. What do you do, when you have Agathas Fury not kicked (because it didn't work again) Imps below droping boulders, exploding Imps jumping around and maybe even some more healing imps, because she just ported.
    Do you prefer do get killed by Agathas Fury, by Firebolt Imps, by a dropping boulder or by an exploding imp - while she is healed up by a good amount?

I had situations like this in every single fight at least once. Often i managed to survive with leap + charge back and heal from Furious Charge, Enraged Regeneration, Battle Shout, Heal Pot. But at some point, all your CDs are running.
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

But it simply happens, you are only wiping cause you either dont have the legendaries to survive (yeah sucks but its the truth, blame Blizzard) or you panic.

I can easily say than 95% of wipes were personal fails mostly cause of panic or the fear of "I dont have this ffs!"

But after so many tries everything became mechanical, there is no RNG, the only RNG is where the umbral will teleport, but they will pretty much always do it, charge it and BC+OF them down asap, yeah if she blocks your pummel simply wipe but i can easily say that only happened 2 or 3 times out of 100 tries , yeap too many tries but i did them from 1am to 6am while being sleepless 2 days, and killed her 30 mins after when i discovered i should be using the Omelet and a few tries with Gronntooth and she was dead.

I even got hit by boulders on a few tries, others died,others recovered, but thats bracers + charge heal or enraged regeneration.

If you have boss at 75% on your best try before first shield you are doing it wrong, my first shield was always around 60-65% or less and second healing imps at 50-54% which i ignored and simply pushed her phase at some tries DPS was so high, second healing imps spawned while she TPED away and simply never reached her, not even sure what kind of bug they had and went so slow with Piercing Howl, literally like 1% movement speed.

My initial burst before first imps reached Agatha and were feared was anywhere between 70-82%, thats before they reach agatha, not when she spawns them that was always 84-89%.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-18 at 08:16 AM.

So after a large number of wipes. I change my legendaries and it became a total Cake walk. (not trying to brag or imply anything else except how item setup changes everything)

1. used bracers and Kil'jaeden trinket and a big bonus to the ease of the fight was down to my other trinket Chrono Shard (macro'd kil Jaeden with OF)
    2. Found Wrecking ball far less effective than Avatar
    3. As suggested by many, used the Spiced omelette food for the "mini" warmachine proc after killing imps.
    4. Went with Warmachine, Doubletime, Avatar and Furious charge
    5. Due to the crazyness of imps being up, made a separate charge macro to simply /target imp servant and then /cast charge. (allowed me to blindly charge an imp servant, and get the large heal from Bloodthirst. Imps died so fast I just then charged second imp and healed quite nicely) or i just used it to avoid the fuming imp patches/boulders. Since Imp servants are always in a somewhat safe spot of the fight.
    6. Only used Drums if i thought i was going to get overun, but never needed it on the kill attempt.

Big bug I noticed though, if you interupted Agatha while Rampage was doing its triple hits, or interupted inbetween GCD, it seems Pummel did not work and she kept casting. I just waited for the GCD timer then it was fine. Its not a dps race after all.

It is still RNG based but far far less than others make it out to be. Battlecry and OF are always available for imps. So with BC up, I cleared them in seconds with OF and kil jaeden trinket, or when the trinket was on CD I had the Chrono Shard proc for literally spamming WW and nothing else until BC ended.

As mentioned above, Camera angle made the boulder drop spots quite misleading so I placed the fuming imp patches on her left and right. If I had to reach imps at the back i simply stood under her. But even if the umbral teleported, they never survived the WW spamming after OF was cast.

I think people are placing too much focus on dps instead of survival. I didnt need the Prydaz neck simply because Furious charge allows us to heal quite a large portion.

Death and Glory, along with Bracers are a large bonus to this and do make the fight in my opinion not trivial, but quite a simple fight. All my screw ups were ridiculous and careless mistakes like bursting CDs when fuming imp spawned (thinking it was the umbrals incoming) or boulder awareness. I got her so many times to around 5% and then panicked or made mistakes instead of keeping calm and repeating the process.

I'm not sure I agree with people saying they are doing something wrong if Agatha is at 75% on first shield. I think that comes down to whether or not you choose to outdps the imps healing, hold off killing imps until you can aoe burst them, or single target nuke with standard rotation. It can differ, but since theres no enrage timer, it doesnt really matter, as long as you can effectively regen yourself.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    @Arbiter:
    I knew, that i would get an answer like that. Believe what you want, but there is huge amount of rng involved in this fight.

The fight mechanics are not hard at all.
    Don't get hit by a boulder, kill all imps asap, kick Agatha.
    You can kite the exploding Imps to a save zone, so you don't waste dps on them.
    You do have BC+OF up for every Umbrall Imp/Smoldering Imp spawn.
    Thats more or less everything.
    Use the WW belt and bracers as legys.
    Take War Machine (lot of targets to kill -> buff is up a lot), Wrecking Ball (lot of targets at once and supports even more the WW Belt), Furious Charge (extra heal), Shockwave (Stuns for the healing imps/expoding imps)

Now the fight.
    Prepot, Charge, BC, Rampage, OF, WW, BT -> oh wait, one of the imps didn't die - again - from this combo, so switch to this imp. Oh, you don't have enrage/crit luck, you spend "a lot of time" on this imp.
    Exploding Imp is up
    -> it spawns right on top of you and explodes instantly -> gg (pool right in your moving path)
    or
    -> kite it to a side so you don't have to bother with it -> it's right on top of you -> no, it doesn't start to explode, it just jumps happily around you, because it is not bugged at all -> lost time -> gg

Healing Imps come in, kill them, switch to Agatha

First shield comes up and the boss is somewher between 75-88%. No, there is not any sort of luck involved, if i get the boss sometimes to 75%, and sometimes barely to 85% ...

This mess goes on until 50%

Depending on "how good you play", you have some Imps up or not when she ports. You can put on piercing howl on them and have some free time with Agatha.

Now the boulders start to drop. The best position for you is between Agatha and the middle of the room because there you can actually see, where the boulders roll, because you can barely see, where they drop.
    The imps spawn. Right at the position where the boulders drop -> gg
    A kick - again - didn't work (and the buff already is higher so she does even more dmg with Agathas Fury)
    Exploding Imps jump happily around you and doesn't want - again - explode where you kite them, besides the one, that exploded instantly below you
    Healing Imps come in.
    You pop your BC and the imps teleport so far away form each other, that you can't hit all of them at once and have manually switch to some

So tell me. What do you do, when you have Agathas Fury not kicked (because it didn't work again) Imps below droping boulders, exploding Imps jumping around and maybe even some more healing imps, because she just ported.
    Do you prefer do get killed by Agathas Fury, by Firebolt Imps, by a dropping boulder or by an exploding imp - while she is healed up by a good amount?

I had situations like this in every single fight at least once. Often i managed to survive with leap + charge back and heal from Furious Charge, Enraged Regeneration, Battle Shout, Heal Pot. But at some point, all your CDs are running.
    As potis mentioned there isn't much RNG to the fight itself. Everything happens pretty consistently outside of where mobs spawn/teleport. I will add that the boulders are RNG as well but it's not something that's going to prevent you from finishing everything. It just makes you pay attention and adapt.

As far as Agatha's not being interrupted, it's more likely that you had an Umbral up when trying to interrupt her (or she was still shielded) rather than her blocking an interrupt. I'm not going to say it's not impossible as I didn't have to put in as many attempts, but it sure as shit ain't the reason you're at over 100 attempts and counting. I interrupted Agatha every single time (minus the first few attempts where I didn't realize Umbral were making her immune) and even interrupted the servants 1-2 times between Agatha's channels.

Your other complaints pretty much just comes down to positioning and being able to adapt when you screw up (like missing a mob with OF).

As for Agatha teleporting away with mobs still up. That's not RNG. That's based on HP and damage taken. Simply don't damage her past those thresholds until you've handled everything else. I believe it was mentioned here that it's 50% to start Phase 2 and during Phase 2 she teleports after every 20% HP of damage taken (not accounting for heals)? Someone could correct me on this. It's not a DPS race though so don't treat it like one. The only time where dps really matters is when all the imps spawn and when she shields (because all of those imps can kill you and the shield needs to be damaged through). I probably took longer to complete it than most people (especially considering I didn't have her down to a low hp as potis apparently did before she shielded) as I not only put mechanics first but I'm also less geared than most of the warriors that completed it (and I didn't have the heirloom trinket either). I think I ended it with ~850K dps through the fight.

But sure, you can sit around here and try to downplay the challenge that you've been incapable of doing as if everyone else has just had better luck than you because it's not possible that they could just possibly be better than you at handling mechanics. But what's the point?
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-04-18 at 01:09 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

As far as Agatha's not being interrupted, it's more likely that you had an Umbral up when trying to interrupt her (or she was still shielded) rather than her blocking an interrupt. I'm not going to say it's not impossible as I didn't have to put in as many attempts, but it sure as shit ain't the reason you're at over 100 attempts and counting.
    There is a bug involved as I rarely had adds up. But it seems like Pummel doesn't respect being off GCD and would fail if you were hitting other abilities like rampage.

Your other complaints pretty much just comes down to positioning and being able to adapt when you screw up (like missing a mob with OF).
    Totally agree with this. The fight is very scripted aside from Umbral teleports and boulder spawn, so from all the warriors i discussed the fight with, we all agreed it was down to our own mistakes and getting overrun from lack of improvisation.

"Huge amount of rng", that's the same argument as someone who says is bronze in LoL cause of bad teammates, lul.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminarium View Post
    There is a bug involved as I rarely had adds up. But it seems like Pummel doesn't respect being off GCD and would fail if you were hitting other abilities like rampage.
    I didn't have any of these issues and I didn't wait for GCD resets or Rampage to finish casting to use Pummel. Unless I just got so lucky that every cast happened at those times then I'd say it's something else if there really is a problem. I didn't spend any time not using GCDs though.

@DDM

For the imps that explode, they behave strangely sometimes if you're constantly moving. What I found to work best was to move out of melee range to a side and wait until they got to me and started to explode, then moved back into melee. You only lose 1-2 seconds of uptime on the boss which equates to practically nothing, and get better puddle placement.

For imps teleporting, you can always hit them with Odyn's Fury before they teleport if you time it properly. Then you don't have to worry about terrible spots after they teleport, and like others have said you can charge them after the port. Biggest thing is getting all of them hit with the Odyn's fury.

If you just focus on doing the imps properly, she will die. You don't need to focus so much on damage on Agatha, she'll go down as long as you're handling the imps. Only time I really bothered to focus on Agatha was the last 10% with battle cry executes to finish her.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, good for you all.
    I didn't have that luck.
    @Deemerbob: As i mentioned above, i kited the exploding imps outside. No problem with that, at least as far as they did what they were expected to do - explode - after they reached me. That was not happening every time, but that was the minest problem.
    I had imps spawning right on top of me/slightly beside me and exploding instantly or immediately starting to cast its explode and i wasn't able to see it, because they were clumped up with the other imps, or i had no stun/fear available.
    @Arbiter: I had no Umbral Imps up, no shield (wrote an WA to be double save), waited 1-2 sec after the shield dropped and the kick still didn't work. And this happened nearly in every try at least once. (Believe me or not, i don't care)

Hitting the Imps with OF. I had a lot of attempts where i repositioned myself before OF because of the teleport and still couldn't hit all the mobs.

And getting her to 60-65% before the first shield. I have no idea, how you manage that. All buffs + DoS (which i still don't have) + Avatar (didn't use it) + drums (could have used that to be fair, but i don't see any reason for that at the start of the fight). Even with the first imps been killed by OF + WW instantly, this would never work.

As i said, the mechanics and when they appeared are very easy. But it is how they appear. And this is pure rng.

But, i don't care anymore. Don't like the skin and just wanted to be done with the quest. But under this circumstances ... fuck it.