Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Serious lack of healers starting to appear?

As the title says, for the last week or two no matter what time i try to do anything whether its 8am in Europe or 7pm or 3am there is always waiting for healers.

Pug NH HC, Random HC dungeon, M+, anything.

Even as a tank with the extra loot had to wait 5 mins for a healer

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    As the title says, for the last week or two no matter what time i try to do anything whether its 8am in Europe or 7pm or 3am there is always waiting for healers.

Pug NH HC, Random HC dungeon, M+, anything.

With the new class they added a DPS and a tank, but no heal option. Problem #1.

Healing and tanking in general are stressful in PUGs. Problem #2.

With the way artifacts are set up and the high amount of AP required in 7.2 especially, it's less appealing to dump points into an OS when you could be fueling your MS. Problem #3.

I get a lot of satchels as a tank, but I agree... LFD and LFR are constantly constrained by healer queues. I typically only join M+ if they already have a healer, but when I form my own groups it can take a while to grab one, and there's almost never more than one applying at a time.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    With the new class they added a DPS and a tank, but no heal option. Problem #1.

Healing and tanking in general are stressful in PUGs. Problem #2.

With the way artifacts are set up and the high amount of AP required in 7.2 especially, it's less appealing to dump points into an OS when you could be fueling your MS. Problem #3.

I get a lot of satchels as a tank, but I agree... LFD and LFR are constantly constrained by healer queues. I typically only join M+ if they already have a healer, but when I form my own groups it can take a while to grab one, and there's almost never more than one applying at a time.
    I find healing to be incredibly stressful especially when pushing high levels of mythic + right now. For example the grievous wounds affix last week was just the most frustrating thing ever. It wasnt fun to fight an auto stacking % of hp debuff that due to being percent, deals more damage the higher hp/geared the party is.

It feels like an overly high amount of the affixes stress healers more than other roles especially, as for the most part dpsing through greivous, tyranical, and bolstering requires much less change in tactics for dps than for a healer. This also is increased by some healers having much more limited options in strong single target heals for large healthpool targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrock08 View Post

It feels like an overly high amount of the affixes stress healers more than other roles especially, as for the most part dpsing through greivous, tyranical, and bolstering requires much less change in tactics for dps than for a healer. This also is increased by some healers having much more limited options in strong single target heals for large healthpool targets.
    I main a healer, and I do not run M+ at all, and this ^^^^ is the reason why. It's not fun, and the level of responsibility is higher than anyone else in the group.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Yes, we cba to carry pugs and almost every boss/dungeon etc mechanic is made so that if dps,tanks fail then its on the healer's back to get things right on track and thats not fun.

Deleted
    Also as a full time healer whos played for many years being a healer in any sort of pug is annoying. You constantly get blamed for anything that goes wrong and no one ever compliments you thanks you etc etc. Its always the dps that get that. I feel like healers get the raw end of the stick on everything.
    I do heroics quite often cause no one can fail at them really but I dont do mythic+ outside my own guild, dont need some idiot shouting at me cause he got one shotted and its apparently my fault.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing a healer this expansion is pretty awful. If you're playing with a tank that you know it's one thing, if you're playing with a random tank it has some potential to be really stressful. A lot of the affixes just aren't fun for healers to deal with.

Also I main a spriest this expansion, and while I never minded playing holy in the past, holy feels AWFUL this expansion. It's strong enough, but the actual playstyle is fucking painful in comparison to something like holy pally, so I pretty much never make use of my healer offspec.

Deleted
    For PUGs, sure.

But my guild has more healers then ever, and they are all quite decent. So I don't think its a general problem.

New classes/speccs have little to do with role distribution. Otherwise there would be a lot more tanks right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    it feels quite the opposite to me, i usually end up having trouble finding groups because everyone already has a healer.
    while i end up waiting for tanks.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Groups are usually full on healers and dps, everyone is waiting for a tank. Healing is very easy in Legion that's why many people picked it up and everything is so automated that it's difficult to fail as healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Playing a healer this expansion is pretty awful. If you're playing with a tank that you know it's one thing, if you're playing with a random tank it has some potential to be really stressful. A lot of the affixes just aren't fun for healers to deal with.

Also I main a spriest this expansion, and while I never minded playing holy in the past, holy feels AWFUL this expansion. It's strong enough, but the actual playstyle is fucking painful in comparison to something like holy pally, so I pretty much never make use of my healer offspec.
    Mainly this. M+ affixes and the general compensation for underperforming dd's/tanks is stressful. Add in a few remarks when some things go sideways and healing becomes kinda unrewarding.

But holy priest is really fun to play!

Deleted
    Jumping in from a PVP POV, I also agree, it seems only certain classes can do certain things. e.g Resto shaman's in RBG is incredibly rare compared to a Monk. People don't want to dump millions of artifact into a weapon only for there spec to get nerfed and undo all that hard work (I guess this applies too everyone though) But still, It's always groups looking for healers than anything else now, the DPS and Tank side of things seems to be the best in years as a good portion of specs are viable in one way or another, however as healers, that's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem finding healers, or I heal myself. Though, I understand from many I know, there's a rather big dislike for healing pugs - for certain reasons.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, I stopped playing about four months ago...So about time you notice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if healing M+ PUGs is annoying, I'd bet that most healers either don't run them or run them with people they know vs random PUGs. I get why people like PUGs, the freedom to run shit when you want, etc... but this is one of the downsides of them and an upside of a good guild that runs the content you want to run.

Healing is just an all around shitty job.

I almost always tank. Yeah, I have a lot of responsibility on myself, but at least I know I can still get the boss down if a dps dies or something. If the healer is shit, then I can use cooldowns and whatnot to prevent a wipe and likely carry the group to completion. If a dps leaves a mythic+ or something, I know that we can probably still at least one-chest and complete the instance. Even if we don't make time.

Healers have pretty much the same amount (if not more) of responsibility as tanks, but with really none of the benefits. Hell... Most of the roughest affixes are directly targeted at healers.

There's a reason I never heal.

I think it varies based on server, EU vs NA and so forth. I play on the EU realms and, for me, I have mained restoration back in 7.0, where being a healer got me spots in almost every raid. Coming back to 7.2, every NH raid I tried to join required me to go dps because they already had enough healers. My past guild also asked me to dps instead of heal regardless of how atrocious my dps spec was, and my current guild asked me to switch my main spec to dps and not even think about healing, even though my resto spec is miles above my moonkin one.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    it feels quite the opposite to me, i usually end up having trouble finding groups because everyone already has a healer.
    while i end up waiting for tanks.
    Healers wait for tanks, tanks wait for healers, and dps wait for everyone. So basically... nothing new on Azeroth?

P.S. If there is satchel for your role expect longer, not shorter queue, because people insta jump at satchel while the queue status (and satchel getting cancelled) takes time to update, overflooding the queue with satchel-ed role.

P.S.2. There is some advantage to it, for example I wanted to do fast timewalking on my ele shaman, I specced resto and had insta queue. I had even no idea if I'm healing correctly or wrongly but it didn't matter in the big picture. So maybe people shouldn't be scared to jump on offspecs for menial content like lfr or daily heroic. High m+ is a different story ofc.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-04-18 at 05:33 PM.

What healer is stupid enough to join a pug and save retards from dying in a fire?

I play 2 healer chars which I pug NH HC on and it's usually hard for me to find decent groups that don't already have healers.