Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only problem I see is the content coming over time is that it isn't gradual or significant in some way. It's small chunks and while the premise of releasing content over time(Sunwell/Thunder Isle) is interesting. It's not necessarily getting the result I think many people hoped for.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'd be dissapointed if we don't get an encounter with Kil'jaeden outside of the raid. As of yet they haven't even developed the guy at all outside of the trailer, we all just know him from WC3 and him being the final boss in Sunwell Plateau. And yeah this quest with Khadgar feels like a huge ''fuck you'' to the players, its bad enough that you gate so much but atleast make this gated content more worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Imo the amount of new quests each week should always be (at least) like the number of quests for the follower campaign; that's how they did it with the nightfallen.
    A turn-in, one-button click "quest" for a whole week? Are they serious?
    The problem is that Suramar was a great zone with lots of possibilities, it had native inhabitants, diverse biomes, mysteries to explore and most important of all: thought behind it, an unfolding political plot. The Boring Shore is just a barren island with some demons that aren't even really hindering us when it comes to trying to get into the next raid. Telling a good story was out of question almost immediately, at best they could have wipped upsome action filled plot, but they blew that load during the first two weeks. Stretching that grind out for 12 weeks is just laughable really.

They should have made that island bigger, allow for plot strings that enable us to take over parts of the island before we finally gain entrace to the raid. How they lost all touch when it comes to making content of that sort, when they seemed to have gotten it right with Suramar is just beyond me...

Deleted
    These are weekly series of quests on broken shore.

As personal opinion, most of these seem very lackluster and really makes me wonder why are they timegated.

Armies of Legionfall - Starting scenario
    Begin Construction - talk to dude to build a thing, available since week 1
    Vengeance Point - talk to dude and kill few demons, available since week 1
    Champions of Legionfall - Actual story for getting your new follower!!!
    Aalgen Point - talk to dude, available since week 1)
    Defending Broken Isles - Do invasion.
    Shard Times - ...

Mark of the Sentinax - Gather 50 Sentinax summon stones.
    Intollerable Infestation - Kill 100 demons.
    Take Out the Head... - Kill 5 rares
    Strike Them Down - not in game yet. actual story perhaps? One can hope right?
    Self-Fulfilling Prophecy - Do 12 world quests.
    Relieved of Their Valuables - Actual story
    Championing Our Cause - Story.

As you can see, 7.2 does not really have a lot of content.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-04-18 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    This weeks quest. Get Khadgar 2500 shards, of which he actually only needs one.

They're really taking the piss now with this "content".
    Here's the thing.

I like Khadgar. I like his goofy sense of humor. I'm completely okay with a callback to the Apexis quest.

This was just the worst place to put it, as an entire week of Broken Shore content.

I don't think Blizz did this as an intentional jab in the eye at players. I think they're just absurdly tone-deaf.

"Stay subscribed and you'll find out!"
    - (Not really a quote from) Blizzard (. But could be!)

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    No talent in lore writing can make up for this joke we got this week.
    Why even gate an auto turn in quest lol.

Where are all those Blizzard defenders who said having this joke of a story stretched out for 12 weeks was justified?
    This gating just masks the fact that there is barely any quality content in this "biggest patch of all time".
    defenders? Justified? Its a story to a new raid...whats the justification of releasing a new raid only 3 months after the last one was released.

look i ain't defending this patch but it provides stuff to do outside of raids for the first time since kara/brawlers introduced.

Even if the raid open today..it would still be to early.

They had to put some random sh!t to extend the release of ToS.

At this point seems they are running out of great ideas.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    These are weekly series of quests on broken shore.

As personal opinion, most of these seem very lackluster and really makes me wonder why are they timegated.

Armies of Legionfall - Starting scenario
    Begin Construction - talk to dude to build a thing, available since week 1
    Vengeance Point - talk to dude and kill few demons, available since week 1
    Champions of Legionfall - Actual story for getting your new follower!!!
    Aalgen Point - talk to dude, available since week 1)
    Defending Broken Isles - Do invasion.
    Shard Times - ...

As you can see, 7.2 does not really have a lot of content.
    That feeling when your wowhead comment is copy pasted on mmo-champion thread you were about to respond with same comment.

Thank you tho, sorta feeling honored haha.

But yeah, THIS is what is ahead of us for next 2 months

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    In fact i would dare say it is the only legit reason for doing the quest.
    also required to do campaign, class campaign, unlock flying to get your class mount
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    That feeling when your wowhead comment is copy pasted on mmo-champion thread you were about to respond with same comment.

Thank you tho, sorta feeling honored haha.

But yeah, THIS is what is ahead of us for next 2 months
    Ugh it may be something to do ( although some weeks not much), but nothing really interesting there.

I tend to be like some others, the problem isn't really the gating, the problem is that they didn't really try to hide it. I mean even if you like Legion, and for the most part I do, it's really hard to defend a click and done quest as a " chapter ".

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Really? Well, that is dissapointing. So looks like Broken Shore will have something like 5 story chapters, right? After 26 part Suramar this is really underwhelming.

And it's not like they didn't create content - with all class campaigns we have 16 story chapters total. In this case I think they should make let us experience all Broken Shore campaign one every char. For example I would got Warrior part as my first one, and then random one each week. It would also make sense storywise, we are working together as Legionfall, so we are helping each other.

I personally don't care - I have 12 characters ready for story stuff, but many will not experience 7.2 fully.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2017-04-18 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this, but there is another (very) small quest available besides the Hand-in-shards quest. It is not obvious until you go to the right point. It's small, but I'm quite sure it's going to lead to something more in the coming weeks.
    I'm not even sure if it's been in the game longer than since today and I was just too blind to find it till today

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I tend to be like some others, the problem isn't really the gating, the problem is that they didn't really try to hide it. I mean even if you like Legion, and for the most part I do, it's really hard to defend a click and done quest as a " chapter ".
    When not timegated, the entire Legionfall campaign seems to be the length of an average chapter in the rest of the zones.

Todays 'quest' on Broken Shore was just insulting.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I just got my bis legendary in a rare mob on the isle. I like the content.

Yeah campaign has been artificially extended using every excuse for a weekly unlock they can find. Opening and champion quest and maybe invasion are only things of any substance so far (invasion feels forced too)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    When not timegated, the entire Legionfall campaign seems to be the length of an average chapter in the rest of the zones.
    And joke is, none of this matters when Tomb rolls out.
    Seriously, this whole "biggest patch we have ever done" feels very absurd now its not even funny. It could've been but they missed their shot. Whats SO bad about having all this last only month and have ToS come soon after? Why 11 weeks? Why still snore-hold for 3 months after patch?

If someone were to take break for 2 months they would get back to game when ToS is up, trial of style is a thing, AH dance party mini-holiday, AK catch-up makes them , well, catch up to people who remained subbed for 2 months
    Missing shard gear? Yeah you replace those the moment you step into ToS and kill first 3 bosses anyway. Most likely.
    They miss flying but if they took break they probably dont care. They just log to raid, mount get summoned to ToS, log out.
    If money is something that you care, they saved 30 dollars and said to blizzard "Im not paying you about something was whipped by intern in 30 minutes once a week". I mean geez, kill 100 demons? Even I, without any knowledge on coding, could type "le funny meme" quest title full of Khadgar's puns and set objective as "kill 100 demons in broken shore" on whatever dev program they use.
    #SAD

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    And joke is, none of this matters when Tomb rolls out.
    Seriously, this whole "biggest patch we have ever done" feels very absurd now its not even funny. It could've been but they missed their shot. Whats SO bad about having all this last only month and have ToS come soon after? Why 11 weeks? Why still snore-hold for 3 months after patch?

If someone were to take break for 2 months they would get back to game when ToS is up, trial of style is a thing, AH dance party mini-holiday, AK catch-up makes them , well, catch up to people who remained subbed for 2 months
    Missing shard gear? Yeah you replace those the moment you step into ToS and kill first 3 bosses anyway. Most likely.
    They miss flying but if they took break they probably dont care. They just log to raid, mount get summoned to ToS, log out.
    If money is something that you care, they saved 30 dollars and said to blizzard "Im not paying you about something was whipped by intern in 30 minutes once a week".
    This is why I sub on a monthly basis if/when I decide there is enough content to make it worth my time and money. Once my sub runs out in a few days, I won't be back until ToS goes live.