Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    I do all the AP ones + invasions, ends up being around 10-20 per day. Saving a couple minutes on each one is hugely significant.

I don't care much about the leechers, only run into one every 5 quests or so, it will be a problem if it becomes more widespread, though.

Just saying don't underestimate 2 minutes off of each WQ. The addon finds groups for you, applies, and even leaves the group for you when you are done.
    But if people are leeching/leeching has become such a large problem, it'd just be much easier to do it solo, no?
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Happens without groups also. Someone runs through, tags mobs and lets others kill it with the "new" mob tagging rules. Nothing to do with flying really, but mostly to do with Blizz trying to fix one type of behaviour (kill stealing, mob tagging, people not working together) and causing another...
    Last edited by uopayroll; 2017-04-18 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bettomendes View Post
    Also, the matchmaking addon got us a little spoiled, we don't have to group up for every WQ, some are better to do alone.
    ^this. But of course all that Blizz has to do is require a tap on a small percentage of the mobs for credit and this behavior will stop. Simple fix and I bet it gets ninja hotfixed shortly.
    "He tasks me! He tasks me, and I shall have him!"--Khan Noonien Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Since when did doing a quest become a chore? Did you look at daily quests (the ones with the blue exclamation marks) as chores in previous expansions? Why the fuck do you play if you view the activities of the game like that?
    Do you mean those 5 quests you needed to do every day for reputation ?

now we need to do 20+ every day just to farm FUCKING AP.

so yes. i will afk every quest i can. i can even recommend some books / manga to read while you wait someone to do this BORING RETARDED DESING quests for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    ^this. But of course all that Blizz has to do is require a tap on a small percentage of the mobs for credit and this behavior will stop. Simple fix and I bet it gets ninja hotfixed shortly.
    That would just piss people off and make Blizzards own WQGF obsolete

Don't group for WQ. Lazy people can die in a fire.

Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That would just piss people off and make Blizzards own WQGF obsolete
    Probably. But then a Blue would post that it was making undesirable game activity and try to launch a discussion about WHY players are going AFK and HOW they should fix it and blah blah blah, ultimately ending up requiring tapping mobs anyway, even if they don't get buy-in. Because Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    lol what makes you think it started with flying - people have been doin it since launch

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    lol what makes you think it started with flying - people have been doin it since launch
    I never! Hmph. But I do enjoy the rare times I ride up to the world boss and manage to get close enough for a moonfire before he dies and then I win phat lewtz and a new legendary and lots of gold!

Oh wait......that never happened. Nevermind.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I only group if it is convenient. This is one of the primary reasons that I love soling everything, or being able to solo everything. So, if I catch someone leeching, I drop threat and let the massive number of mobs and bosses annihilate them over and over.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

"I just want a quick WQ" is a natural extension of "I just want a smooth run". You shouldn't be surprised at this behavior in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I know, it's great. Been doing it since long befor flying came out though.
    Me to, specially as a rogue used to sit there stealth but now with flying makes my life easier. thank you for completing does WQ for me.

To be fair it was a thing before flying aswell.

Also if someone appears to be leeching I just try to reset the mobs, that is of course when I don't just annihilate stuff on my own without grouping

It's not that big a deal tbh world quests are like 1-2mins tops with a full group if one guy is just AFK its fine maybe he got mom aggro/ had to pee etc no biggie to me. Maybe in the beginning of the expansion I would be annoyed because " hey bro I can't solo this elite i need your help!" In reality i can solo all WQs now so people just help speed up an already fast process for me. If it was someone trying to leech a m+ key without saying its a carry run in the group title then yeah I'd be triggered more.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    But if people are leeching/leeching has become such a large problem, it'd just be much easier to do it solo, no?
    No. Its exactly the same as doing it solo if all 4 other people are leeching.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie De Palma View Post
    Well going solo you're still slowing yourself down. You won't even notice the leeches if you are busy doing the quest.
    Oh no, I'm not maximizing my efficiency in a game I play for fun! The horror!

Only thing I join groups for is world bosses tbh. Know about the addon but cba. I'll earn my resources and nethershards myself! :P

Pretty sad/funny at the same time people can't even do WQs themselves lol.Same people who bitch about nothing to do on forums I reckon
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Oh no, I'm not maximizing my efficiency in a game I play for fun! The horror!
    I still enjoy the game, but not because of WQs.

Being able to spend 20-40 minutes less on WQs every day leaves me to do the things I enjoy more in game.

I just find it funny so many people think its silly to group for WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Aaaaaaannnd yet another reason why flying is BAD for the game. It promotes fucking shit like this, and i've seen it on multiple occasions now when doing world quests. I join a group and there are two dudes just sitting in the air leeching the quests afk.

People said they wanted to fly, but we all know this was the behavior they were really after. Lazy as fuck assholes who want something for nothing.
    Heh, what is funnier is people like you who want to claim flying is bad but know it's great for the game will try to ridicule it at every time. Everyone already knows this behavior came BEFORE flying was even introduced. It's just now people are trying to find more reasons to dislike flying.

So by the logic of it occurring beforehand should we disable the ability to travel by ground and ground mounts? No and now you start to see how silly all this sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    Who groups for world quests?
    I do, its much faster.
    And im a 911 hunter so killspeed aint rly a problem.
    Saves a few hours per week using the addon to group up.