Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Good. I hope Arena dies so we can build on the real PvP.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Good. I hope Arena dies so we can build on the real PvP.
    ???? Please elaborate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shraug View Post
    ???? Please elaborate.
    Well... the objectives in RBGs require you to kill enemies constantly.
    Flag carrier? Kill
    Someone defending point? Kill
    Thus having low TTK (time to kill) works well, because it keeps game dynamic.

However the "main" pvp game-mode aka Arena requires players to live longer otherwise games would be just "burst first guy in range".
    It's conflict of interest.

Then add healers to it and you have whole another level of complex.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Well... the objectives in RBGs require you to kill enemies constantly.
    Flag carrier? Kill
    Someone defending point? Kill
    Thus having low TTK (time to kill) works well, because it keeps game dynamic.

However the "main" pvp game-mode aka Arena requires players to live longer otherwise games would be just "burst first guy in range".
    It's conflict of interest.

Then add healers to it and you have whole another level of complex.
    that problem has zero to do with arena and 100% on poor class/mechanic design, even for tournaments if matches where shorter but both visually recognizable and mechanically skill dependent, you can just make best of 7 series not 3/5 for the same time but make everything much more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    TBF, at this point I PvP to get only two things: 2k rating to buy elite gear ensemble, certain prestige levels, because some PvP skins/tints look cool (prot pala, frost/blood dk). I don't care about anything else anymore T_T

PvP in WoW suffers from being a side activity, which it is, characters' toolkits are designed w/ PvE in mind, no one is going to create a cool ability and then scrap it because it might be OP in PvP, it'll be added, but nerfed via templates, PvP only abilities are kinda cool, some are so cool that I wouldn't mind having them in my PvE life, e.g., it'd be nice to have BDK's Death Chains in M+, but they are few Pruning also happens cuz of PvE.

As for rated PvP, welp, I think it's no longer popular for a few reasons:

- There's proper PvP-oriented games w/ booming Pro scenes now, I mean, if one has necessary skills, then why even waste time being a WoW PvPer w/ no future? One can be a successful MOBA, FPS or CCG (Hearthstone) streamer or a pro-gamer or both instead?

- MOBAs spoiled many people, MOBAs rarely have any character power progression outside the match, and it helps to balance the game A LOT. But WoW is an MMORPG, it's not a MOBA, character power/gear progression is essential for this genre, but many PvPers don't enjoy or even hate it, some even call it unnecessary RPG shit, people want MOBA experience: maxed out artefacts, BiS gear, all PvP talents w/o any need to farm Prestige 1. But it's not gonna happen, and it shouldn't, if it happens, what's next? BiS gear for people who do only pet battles? BiS gear for raiders who only want to log in and raid?

And lastly, although I PvP quite a lot, obv casually, I have to say that WoW Arena as an eSport is meh, from spectators PoV it's quite underwhelming, there's nothing interesting in watching someone being chain CC'd and getting rekt, watching long matches w/ excessive pillar humping is quite annoying too...
    You are quite accurate in your post. There is a thing to WoW devs trying to push Arenas into both being a casualwow-sidegame as well as an e-sport thing at the same time, which can't happen because wow is, in the end, an MMORPG. it could happen if WoW was solely balanced around arena? Sure, it definently could, but it won't, and it never will. I think they should just open up arena, make gear better, bring back 2v2 and 5v5, give titles to 2v2 and 5v5 and add new and cooler mounts to the game for every kind of PvP mode, oh and make gladiator mounts account-wide. This whole "our game is elitist" bullshit can't be used anymore, its 2017.

Deleted
    RBG's are coming back!!!!
    seriously though Arena was in a seriously bad state last season coming from a warrior. was 2.4k s1, s2 I didn't even bother due to how broken the game was.