10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I hereby hope Atletico fucks Real right out of the tournament.

that was a hell of a goal from ascensio. right in the corner

Now tell me that Ronaldos 2 and 3 weren't offside

what the hell man

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I mean, a 341 page thread is pretty much a monstrosity. Any talk outside of the PL immediately gets swamped because of three new pages a day of posts about Man United/Arsenal/Chelsea. A separate thread might stimulate further discussion. I mean the distinction is made for college football and the NFL, I see no particular reason not to try.
    We take all ideas seriously and we've actually discussed this in the past and we simply feel it wouldn't be productive splitting up leagues. If anything it would alienate people, while we want all football fans to feel welcome to post about whatever league they want. I think you're over exaggerating a bit with how talk outside the PL gets swamped. While most of us follow the PL, posts about other leagues are seen and 99% of the time replied to.

We'll end the discussion in the thread here, but feel free to pm me, any other sports mod or global if you want to discuss it further.

This game should be exhibit A for video ref technology

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    English site maybe?
    Maybe not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    They're really nowhere like Union and League. Nothing of the sort. That's inaccurate at best and you know it. It's not like arena football and NFL, or even Canadian football and NFL.
    Yes they are. Very much similar. Two different ways of playing the game with an entirely different rule set.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    And yet it generates most posts, why?
    We're the best/worst at bants, thats all really.

I don't care for Real Madrid but I can't say I'm sad seeing these decisions go against Bayern : - )
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I hereby hope Atletico fucks Real right out of the tournament.
    Ye right like they did in 2014 and 2016. Fuck that. real has just won CL again, defending the title in the worst possible way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Most definitely. And the ref just sealed his fate for future big game refereeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    100 CL goals, absolutely incredible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangusei View Post
    Ye right like they did in 2014 and 2016. Fuck that. real has just won CL again, defending the title in the worst possible way.
    You know the saying, third time's the charm?

Juventus has the best shot at beating this Madrid team

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, its a bit ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    We take all ideas seriously and we've actually discussed this in the past and we simply feel it wouldn't be productive splitting up leagues. If anything it would alienate people, while we want all football fans to feel welcome to post about whatever league they want. I think you're over exaggerating a bit with how talk outside the PL gets swamped. While most of us follow the PL, posts about other leagues are seen and 99% of the time replied to.

We'll end the discussion in the thread here, but feel free to pm me, any other sports mod or global if you want to discuss it further.
    Thing is tho mate; where do we draw the line? I know most for on this thread think Scottish football and my team are a joke.

Juventus has the best shot at beating this Madrid team
    No chance man. Honestly just bet one paycheck on madrid to win the whole thing. I did it before the first game with Bayern. It's the safest bet in history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye hopefully UEFA and FIFA will finally act and start using video technology after this shit show.

It has become extremely obvious that current system with refs dont work anymore since its pretty much impossible for them to follow the games anymore since most games are so fast pace these days its impossible to tell within seconds of whats happening.

Like others have said this game and Barca - PSG really do show that we NEED video tachnology NOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing the analysts say post-match: "I hope this ref watches this and resigns for the rest of his life. Absolutely shambolic"

Deleted
    End of Pip Lahm. Superb footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Ye hopefully UEFA and FIFA will finally act and start using video technology after this shit show.

It has become extremely obvious that current system with refs dont work anymore since its pretty much impossible for them to follow the games anymore since most games are so fast pace these days its impossible to tell within seconds of whats happening.

Like others have said this game and Barca - PSG really do show that we NEED video tachnology NOW!
    This is 10 times worse than PSG game. Honestly I have no idea how Perez can afford all those bribes. He must be the richest man on earth.