Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Why are you even grouping unless it's for a World Boss or those Rare Elite WQs?
    To do WQ in few seconds instead few minutes? It adds up, esp. when ppl play alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    To do WQ in few seconds instead few minutes? It adds up, esp. when ppl play alts
    But if you're completing them in seconds no one of you is doing much. So whining about leeching is just fricking silly. it's not as if anyone is contributing a ton if things are that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Oh I do. The thing you guys are complaining about is the behavior then turn around and blame it on flying. You fail to recognize the behavior existed before that. So since everything in the game contributed to this prior to flying should we disable everything? I mean at this point might as well say "You aren't allowed to group with anyone and it's all solo". Because of the following:

Auto-Grouping = Leeches on World Quest
    Manually Invite People = Leeches on World Quests/Quests
    Inviting People to Raids = Can equal leeches in raid/ninja's/etc

And the list literally goes on and on.

Again, perhaps you should before asking questions like this when you already know the answers and know it resulted way before the main thing you are complaining about (flying) and that if you want it removed from here you need to literally remove it from everything else in the game since it causes the same issue.
    Exactly.

These people are not interested in the actual problems, most of them are just reacting and trying to get a rise out of having seen it discussed.
    Leeches being more visible as they sit on mounts in the air =/= there was no leeching going on before. I've kicked tons of people from PVP-objective groups that would sit JUST close enough to get credit, but be on the edges not doing any fighting. On ground mounts/stealthed in the case of some classes.

Removing shit because of leechers and such is the dunce way. Group dynamics for getting credit should instead be so that you had to contribute on at least some mobs to get the credit. Or having a report system where you could report leechers and if they got reported enough times, they'd be locked from the group finding tool for weeks. Not hours, not days. Weeks, maybe months if offending enough.

Sad state that we'd need punishments for people playing the game whilst trying their hardest not to play the game, but alas. There will always be those willing to take advantage of others. The game shouldn't be altered and features removed for their sake.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-18 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Oh I do. The thing you guys are complaining about is the behavior then turn around and blame it on flying. You fail to recognize the behavior existed before that. So since everything in the game contributed to this prior to flying should we disable everything? I mean at this point might as well say "You aren't allowed to group with anyone and it's all solo". Because of the following:

Auto-Grouping = Leeches on World Quest
    Manually Invite People = Leeches on World Quests/Quests
    Inviting People to Raids = Can equal leeches in raid/ninja's/etc

And the list literally goes on and on.

Again, perhaps you should before asking questions like this when you already know the answers and know it resulted way before the main thing you are complaining about (flying) and that if you want it removed from here you need to literally remove it from everything else in the game since it causes the same issue.
    I am not saying "remove flight from the game"

Did you see me say that in anything I wrote? No. Stop putting words in my mouth just to push your skewed agenda.

What I said was, disable World Quest Group Finder, but still allow people to manually form groups from blizzard's group builder tool if they want to continue to group to do them. That way leechers (flying or not) would have less incentive or temptation to sit there like an asshole and leech from people doing the work on the front lines. Why would leechers have less incentive to sit there and leech? Because even though it takes 10-20 seconds to manually go in, go to quests, click on the appropriate quest and sign up, the leeches would be less inclined because its too much "work" for them to manually do it, hence, they would just go down and do the world quest themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But if you're completing them in seconds no one of you is doing much. So whining about leeching is just fricking silly. it's not as if anyone is contributing a ton if things are that fast.
    Well a group of 5 doing a WQ in 10 seconds quickly starts taking longer with AFK'ers in the group - and it's an annoyance regardless to know you're being exploited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    People will always try to find an easier way to do something. I wouldn't blame the tool, I'd blame the mindset of these players. Some may call that lazy but honestly, it's not Blizzard or the tool's fault that it is abused. We'd have to remove all the features from the if a tool was abused and ppl complained.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Really dont see whats the big deal about leeching.
    Everyone needs afk once in a while for any reason.
    Im afk for one quest, others do it for me. Next quest, im doing it actively, someone else is afk.
    So, again, whats the big deal? Sounds like win-win to me.

Dont care enough. We all do it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    The world quests themselves are so fucking boring, now try and make someone do them 10000 times.
    Well, if you try and do them each 10,000 times for some stupid reason - no wonder they are boring.

A better plan is do cherry pick and do a few here and there.

Of course flying has made everything boring, may as well just have a content UI sitting in dalaran and you right click on one to give you a reward.

But - when people demand the wrong direction en-masse, the wrong direction is given to them - then they whinge they are on the wrong direction.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Of course flying has made everything boring, may as well just have a content UI sitting in dalaran and you right click on one to give you a reward.

Flying hasn't made anything boring which you weren't already bored of. If you feel like you might as well have a content UI in Dalaran, the problem is not something within the game I can assure you.

To those of us NOT bored of the game, flying has even given a fresh breath and sense of freedom. I still prefer being out doing stuff whilst playing the game. But then I'm not bored of it, so... It's cute how people take out their own personal problems with the game on certain features though. Be it pet battles or flying or the dungeon finder or whatever.

"I'm so bored I can't bring myself to play the game let alone do things in-game if I do login, and it all sprung on me with the availability of this one feature I dislike!!!!".

Fucking LOL. You remind me of some dudes blaming their own sense of boredom at the end of Cataclysm on MoP's Asian theme... "I can't bother to play now because soon we'll have PANDAS!!!"... Haha!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-04-18 at 11:15 PM.

I love running around on my mage and tagging mobs and letting the person who was fighting it kill it while i tag more mobs.........it's the Mage Code.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I love running around on my mage and tagging mobs and letting the person who was fighting it kill it while i tag more mobs.........it's the Mage Code.
    Mages are excused. You fall over dead if a mob gives you a stern look.#IFeelTheMagePain

It do not bother me that much since I do WQ solo while I'm in queue for dungeon etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just never in a group for WQ's. Since outside of World Bosses you never require one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, if you try and do them each 10,000 times for some stupid reason - no wonder they are boring.

A better plan is do cherry pick and do a few here and there.

But - when people demand the wrong direction en-masse, the wrong direction is given to them - then they whinge they are on the wrong direction.
    Why would you cherrypick when you have towers up on the BS that gives you AP from WQ's?

Quick question, and maybe this was covered already, but:

How hard would it be to only give quest credit for combat objectives to someone who's flagged with the "in combat" status? This is a slight modification to the suggestion that a player must tag the mob to get credit. Wouldn't that largely mitigate the abuse?

And for collection WQs, doesn't the individual person in the group still need to collect their own items, regardless of if someone else in the group clicks it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    wait.......... people GROUP for world quests??? what is this black magic

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Flying and leeching are completely unrelated, it's just way more obvious that way, so please try not to blame leeching on flying...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Quick question, and maybe this was covered already, but:

How hard would it be to only give quest credit for combat objectives to someone who's flagged with the "in combat" status? This is a slight modification to the suggestion that a player must tag the mob to get credit. Wouldn't that largely mitigate the abuse?

And for collection WQs, doesn't the individual person in the group still need to collect their own items, regardless of if someone else in the group clicks it?
    Not everyone is non stop in combat if they fight normal mobs like kill 10 harpies, 20 murlocs, 100% falcosaurs etc.

It depends, if there's actual Quest items, yes it's personal, if it's % based it's groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened anyway, just less noticeable. Join group, stand afk like your in a phasing bug and then leave.

The real problem is it's trivial content, complete garbage difficulty/fun yet it rewards so much that you want to do it.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    This, totally. It's a much better experience to just do the quest than to open the group finder and search for or create a group, which will be filled with hoppers or turned into a raid by a careless leader within 10 seconds anyway. I only use the group finder for elite groups if nobody else is there and I'm on an alt who can't solo the mob.
    Who opens the group finder?

World Quest Group Finder.

Look it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.