Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I can't say they don't deserve it, its also why they don't reveal sub numbers. 7.2 just feels completely lacking in interesting stuff to do, for most of the part it is just more world quests in a new ugly zone.
    I mean the weekly gating is pretty insulting. Look at this week for example. "Bring me 2500 Nethershards" "oh heres 2499 back" Weekly quest over.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Not if you make pathfinder 2 as shitty to do as possible.
    Already forgot WoD's Pathfinder 1?

Warcraftrealms was correct all the time during MoP and WoD. It cannot give you exact numbers but the trends were always spot on.
    It was not...
    All of the data from warcraftrealms is generated by an addon. This means that the numbers are highly dependent on the few players who are using it. For example, some realms may only have 1 person using this addon and if the person stops using it or even if this person just plays less than usual, the numbers could become very wrong(like 1 month this realm reports thousands of players and the next month it is at 0 players). Some of the biggest EU realms for example are shown on this website as being small.

That being said, I also don't think that 7.2 brought a lot players back. I think the content itself is great and all, but the problem is simply that EVERYTHING added is time-gated.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...hp?serverid=-1

Holy fuck man. Those numbers are BAAAAAD. The patch released 2 weeks ago and it didn't effect activity at all wtf.
    Why do people continue to quote numbers off this website. The only time it gets updated is if a player logs into each faction on each and every server all hours of the day to get any accurate realm activity. That still doesn't include people who login once a week.

My character is 2 weeks old and I've been on almost every night so that tells me just how accurate this data is if you're trying to say since 7.2 was released...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

it's because people have quit (or want to quit), but are really hung up on the sunk cost fallacy

posting about how everybody's leaving, game's dying, etc should be read as attempts to justify quitting to themselves

if you're not having fun dudes, just move on to a different game. I promise you'll be happier

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't have to track every single player to show activity omg.

1001 people are enough to represent 83 million Germans.

They are tracking tens of thousands of players for 4 million.
    If you're going to show an accurate decline it sure as shit must be accurate. How can you possibly make claims in either direction if your data is tainted? All this website shows is that based on their previously inaccurate shit data the latest inaccurate shit data shows less activity. If the data isn't accurate to begin with your claim is garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Who. The. Fuck. Cares.

/inb4 the inevitable "Well, obviously we do, jerk!"

Why. The. Fuck. Do. You. Care.

10 million players, 7 million players, 2 million players, 10 players.

How does this effect you? Do you have stock options with Blizzard? Are you so ignorant to believe that there's some magical number of subs that will spell doom for WoW? That they'll stop funding the game?

I seriously want to probe the human psyche to know why the fuck it matters how many millions of subscribers there are. Legit curious.
    Because someone had their Cloudsong stolen, quit and must try to make everyone else quit to validate their decision. They will never be happy until WoW dies.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    dont really trust unoffical websites, so ye
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Those graphs are so bad that they perfectly showed sub increases and decreases............LUL
    Do you have a source on that? I'm looking around for older graphs and can't seem to find them.

Amazing isn't it? That is if you have basic understanding of statistics.........

1001 people can be representetive for millions. Children in pre school know that.
    But the developer disagrees and needs more ppl to use the addon on multiple servers...including some of the most populated ones.

And the differences in numbers between it and wowprogress numbers show that there is a huge difference in one that requires and addon and another that simply checks the armory.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Do you have a source on that? I'm looking around for older graphs and can't seem to find them.
    Use archive.org

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/201...onactivity.php
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The addon doesn't just count the people who are using it.
    Yea it also doesn't count everyone else on the server. Otherwise their findings wouldn't be saying there isn't enough ppl using it on a lot of the servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course

The main playerbase are casuals and normal players (Not a problem and a real fact). They can finish the game in like 2 weeks. Hit 110, 855 ilvl/ak 26 in 1 day via dauntless/other sources, rush LFR and then lol the rest is all trivial garbage (mounts, tmog & rep) that most don't care about.

What's keeping them around? They don't need to progress anything, or put time in - no point farming stuff if they never use it and they don't get huge satisfaction out of achieving things (Woah 880ilvl, next patch they'l give you 880 for free). So you just take breaks until the next patch or simply don't come back until some huge game changer.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-04-18 at 11:59 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyacti...hp?serverid=-1

Holy fuck man. Those numbers are BAAAAAD. The patch released 2 weeks ago and it didn't effect activity at all wtf.
    Just ignore this idiot. He's been shitposting for years and apparently is too stupid to quit the game or posting on MMO champ. Straight up troll.

The numbers in this addon are fairly high and would naturally show a trend. I dont see why people are so against it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Personally the 7.2 content comes off as disappointing. The Broken Shore is not all that interesting and the content quickly devolves into just grinding for nethershards. I understand that this is the equivalent of the Timeless Isle/Taanan Jungle where there are some catch-up mechanics for alts. But in an already alt-unfriendly expansion where everything is tied to AP and legendaries, not many people will have the will left to level their alts. I can barely tolerate levelling my 2nd character, and I'm usually a big altoholic.

However the OP would have made a more compelling thread if he just expressed his own opinion instead of dragging a bunch of inaccurate statistics to "prove" his point. He just comes off as having an agenda and trying to fit whatever data he grabs off the internet to further his agenda. Sometimes less is more.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-04-19 at 02:51 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Well... i think them wrecking the mythic raiding scenes sure isn't reaping any benefits, that's for sure.

Well Legion = companion app, atm. Not releasing raid with 7.2 is one thing, but PvP is really bad imo (especially armor 'rewards' which are an insult imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The numbers in this addon are fairly high and would naturally show a trend. I dont see why people are so against it.
    This is one of the saddest posts I've ever read on this website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post
    Just ignore this idiot. He's been shitposting for years and apparently is too stupid to quit the game or posting on MMO champ. Straight up troll.
    Funny enough the OP created this exact type of thread 5 months ago: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...to-WoD-numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Because trending is of no use without a sample to compare it to. People love to say shit like, "it was accurate during WoD and MoP" but we knew subscriber levels then. We don't now. It's a guess, at best. But more than anything, knowing subscriber levels is fucking pointless since the main reason people want to know this information is so they can have the smug satisfaction that the game is dying for whatever random fucking thing they believe Blizzard fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've ultimately found discussions regarding sub numbers/activity to be ultimately pointless. If you truly have issues with some part of the game, just discuss those issues; why you don't like them, how you think they should change, etc.

Subscription threads, though? Really the most boring type of discussion you can start that also happens to never go anywhere.